Thursday Aug 22, 2019
Six simple symptom diaries to help your patients help you
A symptom diary can be an effective tool for augmenting the diagnostic and therapeutic process. Patient logging of specified symptoms or activities in an organized manner improves history taking with minimal risk and cost and may help to avoid unnecessary interventions. Even simple paper-based symptom diaries such as these can be beneficial:
• Exercise diary (PDF, login required),
• Food diary (PDF, login required),
• General symptom diary (PDF, login required),
• Headache diary (PDF, login required),
• Sleep diary (PDF, login required),
• Voiding diary (PDF, login required).
Read the full FPM article: “The Use of Symptom Diaries in Outpatient Care.”
Insightful, quick-read tips delivered straight to your inbox
Sign up to receive FPM's free, weekly e-newsletter, "Quick Tips & Insights," filled with practical, peer-reviewed advice you can put to work right now to improve patient care, streamline your day, get properly reimbursed, and improve career satisfaction.
Posted at 09:00AM Aug 22, 2019 by FPM Editors