- 09/27/2019 — AAFP Names Top Physician, Education and Humanitarian Advocates
- 09/25/2019 — Gary LeRoy, MD, FAAFP, Assumes Role of President of the American Academy of Family Physicians
- 09/25/2019 — AAFP Names 2019–2020 Board of Directors
- 09/11/2019 — AAFP to House Small Business Committee: Mandatory Prior Authorizations For Needed Medical Services Delays Care, Increases Costs
- 09/05/2019 — American Academy of Family Physicians Hires Stephanie E. Quinn as Director Of Division of Government Relations
- 09/18/2019 — AHA v. Azar Decision Preserves System That Increases Patient Costs, Decreases Patient Choices
- 08/13/2019 — Joint Statement of America’s Frontline Physicians Opposing Public Charge Final Rule
- 05/28/2019 — America’s Frontline Physicians Urge Trump Administration to Protect Transgender Patients and Women’s Reproductive Health
- 05/15/2019 — Frontline Physicians Call on Politicians to End Political Interference in the Delivery of Evidence Based Medicine
- 04/23/2019 — AAFP EVP and CEO Douglas E. Henley to Step Down Next Year
AAFP Media Kits focus on specific health policy topics that affect the quality, accessibility and cost of health care for all Americans. They provide comprehensive background, including AAFP policy papers, independent and AAFP-generated research, independent and AAFP-generated data, downloadable infographics, and links to other resources.
Materials for Publication
The AAFP has made these materials for use by journalists to help illustrate the care delivered by family physicians.
Media at AAFP Events
The AAFP Family Medicine Experience is no longer open to media. The Congress of Delegates annual meeting remains open to media. Please contact Barb Kowalski at (800) 274-2237, Ext. 6051 for more information. We appreciate your continued interest in family medicine and as always, the public relations team is available to help with your inquiries.
About the AAFP
About the AAFP
Founded in 1947, the American Academy of Family Physicians represents 134,600 physicians and medical students nationwide, and it is the only medical society devoted solely to primary care.
Family physicians conduct approximately one in five of the total medical office visits in the United States per year – more than any other specialty. Family physicians provide comprehensive, evidence-based, and cost-effective care dedicated to improving the health of patients, families and communities. Family medicine’s cornerstone is an ongoing and personal patient-physician relationship where the family physician serves as the hub of each patient’s integrated care team. More Americans depend on family physicians than on any other medical specialty.
To learn more about the AAFP and family medicine, visit www.aafp.org/media. Follow us on Twitter(twitter.com), and like us on Facebook(www.facebook.com). For information about health care, health conditions and wellness, visit the AAFP’s award-winning consumer website, www.familydoctor.org(familydoctor.org).
To schedule an interview with one of our expert physician members, please contact the Public Relations department below.
AAFP Media Contacts
AAFP Main Line (800) 274-2237
Senior Public Relations Strategist
- Government relations/public policy, including health care legislation, appropriations and federal budget
- Robert Graham Center for Policy Studies in Family Medicine and Primary Care
- Medical education and primary care workforce legislation and policy
- Legal and regulatory issues
- Impact of physician payment policy
Public Relations Strategist
- Practice management (coding, RUC, quality improvement initiatives, health care reform implementation in the practice, etc.)
- Private sector advocacy
- CMS Innovation Center initiatives (e.g., TCPI, CPC, CPC+)
- Value-based payment implementation
- Physician career/professional development
- Family Physician of the Year
- Annals of Family Medicine research journal
- Physician wellbeing
- Choosing Wisely
- AAFP Foundation
Public Relations Strategist
- Health IT (EHRs, artificial intelligence, clinical data repositories, patient registries)
- CMS Innovation Center initiatives (e.g., AI Health Outcomes Challenge)
- Health care delivery systems and alternative practice models (e.g., medical home, direct primary care, accountable care organizations)
- Retail clinics and medical kiosks
- Practice management (value-based payment, quality improvement initiatives, health care reform implementation in the practice, etc.)
- Value-based payment implementation and alternative payment models
- Mobile apps and devices
- Health of the Public and Science
- National Research Network (NRN)
Public Relations Systems Specialist
- AAFP Family Medicine Experience (FMX)