Webcast: What is Family Medicine?
Are you a fit for this diverse, in-demand specialty?
View the Webcast
Interested in family medicine and want to learn more? This webcast covers the basics of family medicine and introduces you to the many opportunities available in the specialty.
Family physician hosts Natasha Bhuyan, MD, and Wayne Altman, MD, FAAFP, share their own stories of choosing family medicine and walk through topics including scope of practice, family medicine residency training, advocacy, the future of health care, and more.
Family medicine is the most diverse, dynamic, and in-demand medical specialty. There are more than 90,000 family physicians practicing in the United States today. Learn what makes their work so rewarding and get an idea of where you fit in!
At the conclusion of this webcast, viewers will be able to:
- Understand the scope of care in family medicine
- Identify where their own interests can take them in family medicine
- Understand the differences between internal medicine, pediatrics, internal medicine-pediatrics, and family medicine
- Demonstrate knowledge of the value of primary care in the U.S. health care system
- Define the residency and fellowship training options available in family medicine
View the Webcast
Natasha Bhuyan, MD
Emerging Markets Medical Director, One Medical
Assistant Clinical Professor, University of Arizona College of Medicine
Wayne Altman, MD, FAAFP
Jaharis Family Chair of Family Medicine
Tufts University School of Medicine
Erin Clark, OMS-IV, MPH Candidate
Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
FMIG Network National Coordinator, 2018-2019