Smarter decisions. Better care.
The American Academy of Family Physicians is pleased to recommend UpToDate to its members.
UpToDate®(www.uptodate.com), part of Wolters Kluwer Health, is an evidence-based, physician-authored clinical decision support resource. More than 6,500 UpToDate® world-renowned physician authors, editors, and peer reviewers use a rigorous editorial process to synthesize the most recent medical information into trusted, evidence-based recommendations that are proven to improve patient care and quality. More than 1.3 million clinicians in 187 countries rely on UpToDate®, and more than 80 research studies(www.uptodate.com) confirm widespread usage of UpToDate® and its association with improved patient care and hospital performance, including shortened hospital stays, lower mortality, and better-quality performance than non-UpToDate hospitals1.
With UpToDate®(www.uptodate.com), you can:
- Answer questions quickly
- Increase your clinical knowledge
- Improve patient care
- Earn CME credit(www.uptodate.com) while you research clinical questions with your individual subscription
- Access and share patient education topics(www.uptodate.com)
Register today for a free UpToDate® trial.
- Register for a Free Trial*
- Subscribe to UpToDate(store.uptodate.com)
- What's New in Family Medicine(www.uptodate.com)
- UpToDate in Family Medicine(www.uptodate.com)
UpToDate Mobile Access(www.uptodate.com)
Now with Mobile Apps optimized for leading platforms, including iOS® and Android™.
- UpToDate Demo(www.uptodate.com)
1. Isaac, T., ZHeng, J. and Jha, A. (2012), Use of UpToDate® and outcomes in US hospitals. Journal of Hospital Medicine, 7:85-90.
*One free trial per individual AAFP member
†iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Please note: By clicking these links you will be leaving the AAFP Web site and going to a Web site maintained by UpToDate. These links are provided to you as a service and are neither a guarantee nor an endorsement by the AAFP of the products or services offered by UpToDate. While the AAFP believes the content offered by UpToDate is reliable and of assistance to family physicians, the AAFP is not responsible for the content in UpToDate. For every individual who registers for UpToDate via aafp.org, the Academy receives a small fee to help defray the costs of the AAFP Web site.
Educational Goals and Objectives
This program will provide family physicians with reliable answers to clinical questions. With UpToDate®, you will be able to:
- Access the most current evidence-based information available on any aspect of family medicine
- Recognize the clinical manifestations of a wide variety of diseases and disorders and describe current options for diagnosis, management and therapy (including the efficacy, doses and interactions of individual drugs) in all of family medicine
- Evaluate and treat system-specific manifestations of systemic disorders
- Educate patients regarding screening and prevention