Find Joy Through Practice Innovation
Primary care innovations can bring about joy in practice and mitigate physician burnout. Finding ways to distribute work and share responsibility can be half the battle. Add in effective and frequent communication, and you may just have the key to increased professional satisfaction and the elusive goal of joy in practice.
How do you, realistically, achieve a setting that allows for a highly efficient, multi-functional team, as well as improved satisfaction for both patient and physician?
Learn how to find joy in practice
Read this Annals of Family Medicine report for insights from 23 high-functioning primary care practices.
Watch this ABIM Foundation video series and hear from Chris Sinsky, MD, about finding joy in primary care.
Hear from AAFP members who are finding joy through practice innovation.
- Health + Happiness -- View the Surgeon General Vivek Murphy's prescription of happiness
- Change Your Mindset(1 page PDF) - View this infographic to learn how to counter mindsets and behaviors that lead to excess workload, stress, and isolation
- Transforming Practice to Improve Professional Satisfaction(www.medscape.com) -- AAFP and Medscape co-editorial collaboration: Robert Eidus, MD, MBA, FAAFP, and Emily Briggs, MD, MPH, FAAFP, discuss practice transformation strategies with Clif Knight, MD, FAAFP
- A Passion for Family Medicine(www.medscape.com) -- AAFP and Medscape co-editorial collaboration: Karen L. Smith, MD, FAAFP, talks about how her passion drives her work
- 3 Steps to Minimize Burnout(www.medscape.com) -- AAFP and Medscape co-editorial collaboration: Hughes Melton, MD, MBA, FAAFP, shares his strategies for well-being