Resident Representative to the Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors (AFMRD)
NOTE: Applications are now being accepted for the 2018-2019 term. For information on the amount of travel associated with this position, check out the meeting calendar below.
Gain non-profit board leadership experience and mentoring from established leaders in family medicine.
- Inform and provide a resident perspective to program directors on environmental issues impacting residents and their education
- Attend required AFMRD Board Meetings
- Participate in monthly conference calls of the AFMRD Board of Directors
- Provide written reports as requested
- Attend National Conference to gather information on resident issues
- Attend Family Medicine Advocacy Summit (optional)
- PGY2 or PGY3 at the beginning of the term in September 2018
Time commitment away from residency: 15-17 days
|MEETING : AFMRD Fall Board Meeting||DATES : September 6-8, 2019||LOCATION : TBD|
|MEETING : AFMRD Winter Board Meeting||DATES : January||LOCATION : TBD |
|MEETING : Program Directors Workshop and AFMRD Board Meeting during the Residency Education Symposium||DATES : April 4-6, 2019||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : Family Medicine Advocacy Summit||DATES : May 20-21, 2019||LOCATION : Washington, DC|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 25-27, 2019||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|