Resident Representative to the Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors (AFMRD)
NOTE: Applications for this position are closed. This page will be updated when applications reopen for the next leadership cycle. See below for details on this role, as well as the current travel calendar associated with serving in this position.
Gain non-profit board leadership experience and mentoring from established leaders in family medicine.
- Inform and provide a resident perspective to program directors on environmental issues impacting residents and their education
- Attend required AFMRD Board Meetings
- Participate in monthly conference calls of the AFMRD Board of Directors
- Provide written reports as requested
- Attend National Conference to gather information on resident issues
- Attend Family Medicine Advocacy Summit (optional)
- PGY2 or PGY3 at the beginning of the term in September 2019
Time commitment away from residency: 15-17 days
Application details: Required elements of the application include: Letter of Interest; Letter of Chapter Support; Letter of Support from Program Director. Letters and forms can be uploaded or requested through the online application system. For detailed information on application materials, visit the How to Apply page. Once you're ready to begin your application, click the Apply Now button on the sidebar of this page. The application system allows users to save and return to their application before submitting it. Please note: it is important to connect with your local AFP chapter as soon as possible to express your interest in this position.
|MEETING : AFMRD Fall Board Meeting||DATES : September 12-14, 2019||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : AFMRD Winter Board Meeting||DATES : January 29-31, 2020||LOCATION : Phoenix, AZ|
|MEETING : Program Directors Workshop and AFMRD Board Meeting during the Residency Education Symposium||DATES : April 2-5, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : Family Medicine Advocacy Summit||DATES : May 18-19, 2020||LOCATION : Washington, DC|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 30-August 1, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|