Resident Representative to the Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors (AFMRD)
NOTE: Applications are accepted starting in the spring. This page provides details on the responsibilities and amount of travel associated with this position.
Gain non-profit board leadership experience and mentoring from established leaders in family medicine.
- Inform and provide a resident perspective to program directors on environmental issues impacting residents and their education
- Attend required AFMRD Board Meetings
- Participate in monthly conference calls of the AFMRD Board of Directors
- Provide written reports as requested
- Attend National Conference to gather information on resident issues
- Attend Family Medicine Advocacy Summit (optional)
- PGY2 or PGY3 at the beginning of the term in September 2019
Time commitment away from residency: 15-17 days
|MEETING : AFMRD Fall Board Meeting||DATES : September 12-14, 2019||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : AFMRD Winter Board Meeting||DATES : January 29-31, 2020||LOCATION : Phoenix, AZ|
|MEETING : Program Directors Workshop and AFMRD Board Meeting during the Residency Education Symposium||DATES : April 2-5, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : Family Medicine Advocacy Summit||DATES : May 18-19, 2020||LOCATION : Washington, DC|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 30-August 1, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|