Resident Delegate to the American Medical Association House of Delegates
The application cycle for this position is currently closed. Please check back in spring 2021 for more information on the next application cycle. Residents who may be interested in this role should review position information and travel requirements below.
This page provides details on the responsibilities, eligibility requirements, and amount of travel associated with this position.
The AAFP selects one resident as a member of the delegation to the AMA House of Delegates (HOD). Members of the AMA HOD serve as an important communications, policy and membership link between the AMA and grassroots physicians. The delegates are a key source of information on activities, programs and policies of the AMA. They are expected to foster positive and useful two-way relationship between grassroots physicians and the AMA leadership.
- Represent the AAFP membership at the AMA HOD meetings, while offering the resident perspective
- Participate in all AMA delegation activities as directed by the chair of the AAFP AMA delegation.
- Attend the National Conference and provide written and oral reports during the two years following appointment
- A member of the AMA as well as a member of the AAFP at the time of appointment and for the duration of the two-year term
- Applicant should be a PGY1 or 2 and will be a resident or fellow for the complete two-year term
- Applicant should have AMA experience as a medical student or resident prior to applying to this position
- Applicant should have demonstrated leadership experience
Time commitment away from residency: Approximately 16-18 days
Funding: Travel expenses are reimbursed according to AAFP policy
Application details: Required elements of the application include: Letter of Interest; Letter of Chapter Support; Letter of Support from Program Director; and a Photo. Letters and forms can be uploaded or requested through the online application system. All materials must be received by the AAFP by the stated application deadline. For detailed information on application materials, visit the How to Apply page. Once you're ready to begin your application, click the Apply Now button on the sidebar of this page. The application system allows users to save and return to their application before submitting it. Please note: it is important to connect with your local AFP chapter as soon as possible to express your interest in this position.
|MEETING : AMA Interim Meeting||DATES : November 14-19, 2019||LOCATION : San Diego, CA|
|MEETING : AMA Annual Meeting||DATES : June 4-10, 2020||LOCATION : Chicago, IL|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 30-August 1, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : AMA Interim Meeting||DATES : November 13-17, 2020||LOCATION : San Diego, CA|
|MEETING : AMA Annual Meeting||DATES : June 10-16, 2021||LOCATION : Chicago, IL|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 29-31, 2021||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : AMA Interim Meeting||DATES : November 12-16, 2021||LOCATION : Orlando, FL|