AAFP Board of Directors: Resident Member
NOTE: This position is filled. Applications will be accepted in 2018 for the 2018-2019 term. For information on the amount of travel associated with this position, check out the meeting calendar below, which reflects the current Board member’s anticipated schedule of activities.
Bring a resident perspective to high-level decision-making discussions of the AAFP Board of Directors. This opportunity includes social media and public relations training, as well as unique mentoring opportunities with established leaders in family medicine.
- Bring the resident perspective to all AAFP Board deliberations
- Help orient other resident officers to the AAFP governance and policy
- Communicate issues of importance to the appropriate AAFP commissions
- Coordinate the discussions of the resident delegation at the AAFP Congress of Delegates
- Attend all AAFP Board of Directors meetings as a voting member
- Attend all Commission on Education (COE) Subcommittee on Resident and Student Issues (SRSI) as a voting member
- Attend meetings of a Commission for which you serve as a Board liaison according to AAFP Board policy
- Attend National Conference the year following election, including facilitating the candidates’ forum
- Attend two Congress of Delegates and AAFP FMX meetings
- Attend the National Conference of Constituent Leaders/Annual Chapter Leaders Forum (NCCL/ACLF)
- Attend other meetings as directed by the Board Chair
- At least one year of national level experience in AAFP leadership (National Conference Chair, National Delegate, National FMIG Coordinator, AAFP commission member, or representative to Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM) or Association of Family Medicine Program Directors (AFMRD) or AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees)
- Must have residency director’s endorsement that time away from residency will be granted to attend meetings
Time commitment away from residency: Approximately 45-50 days (includes weekends) for travel and attendance at meetings
Funding: Provided for meeting attendance according to AAFP Board of Director reimbursement policies beginning the Wednesday of the first COD/FMX you attend. Once in effect, reimbursement policies cover all days required to travel for Board business.
Note: The resident member of the Board will not be eligible to later serve on the AAFP Board as new physician representative.
|MEETING: Congress of Delegates/FMX||DATES: September 10-16, 2017||LOCATION: San Antonio, TX|
|MEETING: AAFP Board of Directors||DATES: December 4-9, 2017||LOCATION: Overland Park, KS|
|MEETING: Winter Cluster||DATES: January 25-28, 2018||LOCATION: Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING: AAFP Board of Directors||DATES: February 28-March 3, 2018||LOCATION: Washington, DC|
|MEETING: AAFP Board of Directors, NCCL/ACLF||DATES: April 23-28, 2018||LOCATION: Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING: Summer Cluster||DATES: June 1-3, 2018||LOCATION: Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING: AAFP Board of Directors||DATES: July 23-28, 2018||LOCATION: Yountville, CA|
|MEETING: National Conference||DATES: August 2-4, 2018||LOCATION: Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING: Congress of Delegates, FMX||DATES: October 7-13, 2018||LOCATION: New Orleans, LA|