Resident Member of the AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees
NOTE: This position is filled. Applications will be accepted in 2018 for the 2018-2019 term. For information on the amount of travel associated with this position, check out the meeting schedule below, which reflects the current representative’s anticipated schedule of activities.
Be involved with high-level decision-making on a nonprofit board of trustees. Receive mentoring from established leaders of the AAFP Foundation.
The AAFP Foundation’s mission is to advance the values of family medicine by promoting humanitarian, educational, and scientific initiatives that improve the health of all people.
- Is a full voting member of the AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees
- Attends two Foundation Board meetings following election and confirmation by the AAFP Foundation Board
- Attends National Conference
- Provides input into potential Foundation programming directed towards residents
- Serves as the Foundation’s advocate with the resident membership
- Serves on at least three Foundation committees as assigned by the Foundation President
- May be in any year of residency
- Does not need previous experience in a national AAFP leadership position
Time commitment away from residency: Approximately 15-18 days (includes weekends) for travel and attendance at meetings
Funding: Provided for meeting attendance according to AAFP Foundation guidelines.
|MEETING : AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees||DATES : November 17-19, 2017||LOCATION : Leawood, KS|
|MEETING : Winter Cluster (COE Liaison, SRSI)||DATES : January 25-28, 2018||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees||DATES : May 18-20, 2018||LOCATION : Leawood, KS|
|MEETING : Summer Cluster||DATES : June 1-3, 2018||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : August 2-4, 2018||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|