Resident Member of the AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees
This position is filled through August 2020. Please check back in Spring 2020 for an application link. Interested candidates should review the details below to ensure they meet eligibility requirements and understand the travel commitment.
Be involved with high-level decision-making on a nonprofit board of trustees. Receive mentoring from established leaders of the AAFP Foundation.
The AAFP Foundation advances the values of family medicine through humanitarian, educational, and scientific philanthropy dedicated to improving health.
- Is a full voting member of the AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees
- Attends two Foundation Board meetings following election and confirmation by the AAFP Foundation Board
- Attends National Conference and summer and winter cluster meetings
- Provides input into potential Foundation programming directed towards residents
- Serves as the Foundation’s advocate with the resident membership
- Serves on at least three Foundation committees as assigned by the Foundation President
- May be in any year of residency
- Does not need previous experience in a national AAFP leadership position
Time commitment away from residency: Approximately 15-18 days (includes weekends) for travel and attendance at meetings
Funding: Provided for meeting attendance according to AAFP Foundation guidelines.
Application details: Click the Apply Now button to begin your application. The application system allows users to save and return to their application before submitting it. Required elements of the application include: Letter of Interest; Letter of Chapter Support; Faculty Letter; Participation Form (to be signed by dean of medical school). Letters and forms can be uploaded or requested through the application system.
|MEETING : AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees||DATES : November 22-24, 2019||LOCATION : Leawood, KS|
|MEETING : Winter Cluster (COE Liaison, SRSI)||DATES : February 7-9, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees||DATES : May 15-17, 2020||LOCATION : Leawood, KS|
|MEETING : Summer Cluster||DATES : May 29-31, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 30-August 1, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|