Resident Member of the AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees
Applications are currently being accepted for this position. This page includes a summary of the role, as well as meeting requirements and application details.
Be involved with high-level decision-making on a nonprofit board of trustees. Receive mentoring from established leaders of the AAFP Foundation.
The AAFP Foundation advances the values of family medicine through humanitarian, educational, and scientific philanthropy dedicated to improving health.
- Is a full voting member of the AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees
- Attends two Foundation Board meetings following election and confirmation by the AAFP Foundation Board
- Attends National Conference and summer and winter cluster meetings
- Provides input into potential Foundation programming directed towards residents
- Serves as the Foundation’s advocate with the resident membership
- Serves on at least three Foundation committees as assigned by the Foundation President
- May be in any year of residency
- Does not need previous experience in a national AAFP leadership position
- In 2020, candidates for elected positions will self-nominate. Candidates must deliver a live virtual speech and attend required forum and training sessions. Review the candidate fact sheet(251 KB PDF) for complete details.
Time commitment away from residency: In a typical year, this position requires approximately 15-18 days (includes weekends) for travel and attendance at meetings. Most or all meetings will be held virtually in 2020-2021.
Funding: Costs incurred for any required travel for this role will be reimbursed by the AAFP. Most, and likely all, meetings will be held virtually in 2020-2021.
Application details: Required elements of the application include: CV; Letter of Interest; Letter of Chapter Support; Letter of Recommendation from Residency Program; Photo. Letters and forms can be uploaded or requested through the online application system. For detailed information on application materials, visit the How to Apply page. Once you're ready to begin your application, click the Apply Now button on the sidebar of this page. The application system allows users to save and return to their application before submitting it. Please note: it is important to connect with your local AFP chapter as soon as possible to express your interest in this position.
|MEETING : AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees||DATES : November 20-22, 2020||LOCATION : Leawood, KS|
|MEETING : Winter Cluster (COE Liaison, SRSI)||DATES : February 5-7, 2021||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees||DATES : May 21-23, 2021||LOCATION : Leawood, KS|
|MEETING : Summer Cluster||DATES : June 4-6, 2021||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 29-31, 2021||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : Family Medicine Leads: Emerging Leader Institute||DATES : July 31-August 1, 2021||LOCATION : Leawood, KS|
*—This schedule is subject to change as meetings are transitioned to virtual events due to the COVID-19 pandemic.