Resident Chair of National Conference
NOTE: Applications for this position are closed. This page will be updated when applications reopen for the next leadership cycle. See below for details on this role, as well as the current travel calendar associated with serving in this position.
Help plan National Conference in this highly visible AAFP leadership position.
- Coordinates and makes decisions regarding resident activities throughout the year
- Proves input into planning the theme, programming and special activities for the upcoming National Conference
- Functions as a member of the AAFP Commission on Education (COE)
- Presides at the business sessions of the National Congress of Family Medicine Residents
Must have attended a past National Conference and have residency director's endorsement that time away from residency will be granted to attend meetings. At least one year of national-level experience in AAFP leadership, including:
- National Conference Chair
- Resident or Student Delegate to the AAFP Congress of Delegates
- FMIG Network National Coordinator
- FMIG Network Regional Coordinator
- AAFP commission member
- Resident or Student member of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM) Board of Directors
- Resident member of the Association of Family Medicine Program Directors (AFMRD) Board of Directors
- Resident or student member of the AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees
- Resident delegate to the American Medical Association (AMA)
- AAFP resident representative to the American Medical Association Resident-Fellow Section (AMA-RFS)
- AAFP student representative to the American Medical Association Medical Student Section (AMA-MSS)
- Student Liaison to the Student National Medical Association or Latino Medical Student Association
Time commitment away from residency: Approximately 15-20 days (includes weekends) for travel and attendance at meetings
Funding: Travel covered according to AAFP Travel Policy. A per diem covers expenses to travel to and attend the meeting, including lodging and food.
Application details: Required elements of the application include: Letter of Interest; Letter of Chapter Support; Letter of Support from Program Director. Letters and forms can be uploaded or requested through the online application system. For detailed information on application materials, visit the How to Apply page. Once you're ready to begin your application, click the Apply Now button on the sidebar of this page. The application system allows users to save and return to their application before submitting it. Please note: it is important to connect with your local AFP chapter as soon as possible to express your interest in this position.
|MEETING : Congress of Delegates||DATES : September 22-25, 2019||LOCATION : Philadelphia, PA|
|MEETING : Subcommittee on National Conference Planning (SNCP)||DATES : October 2019||LOCATION : Leawood, KS|
|MEETING : Winter Cluster||DATES : February 7-9, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : ACLF/NCCL (Attending this meeting is optional)||DATES : April 23-25, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : Summer Cluster||DATES : May 29-31, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 30-August 1, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : Congress of Delegates||DATES : October 8-11, 2020||LOCATION : Chicago, IL|
|MEETING : Subcommittee on National Conference Planning (SNCP)||DATES : October 2020||LOCATION : Leawood, KS|