Resident Representative to the AAFP National Research Network (NRN) Advisory Group
NOTE: Applications are accepted starting in the spring. This page provides details on the responsibilities and amount of travel associated with this position.
Be a part of a national research network dedicated to conducting, supporting, promoting, and advocating for primary care research in practice-based settings.
Members of the AAFP National Research Network (NRN) Advisory Group may be asked to:
- Advise the Network Director in matters regarding the AAFP NRN research agenda and portfolio to ensure these are consistent with the needs of family physicians and their patients
- Assist in strategic planning
- Identify potential investigators, projects, and funders for the Network
- Provide advice from time to time regarding specific projects of the Network
- Assist with selecting a student and resident/fellow to sit on the AAFP NRN Advisory Group
- Advise the Network Director in difficult or potentially controversial decisions
- Must be in good academic standing
- Demonstrate an interest in research
Time commitment away from medical school: Required to participate in 1 in-person meeting and 1-3 conference calls per year
|MEETING : AAFP NRN Annual Meeting||DATES : Summer 2020||LOCATION : AAFP Headquarters|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 30-August 1, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|