Resident Representative to the AAFP National Research Network (NRN) Advisory Group
This page provides details on the responsibilities, eligibility requirements, and amount of travel associated with this position. If you would like to apply for this position, please check the opportunity summary box to determine whether applications are currently being accepted.
Be a part of a national research network dedicated to conducting, supporting, promoting, and advocating for primary care research in practice-based settings.
Members of the AAFP National Research Network (NRN) Advisory Group may be asked to:
- Advise the Network Director in matters regarding the AAFP NRN research agenda and portfolio to ensure these are consistent with the needs of family physicians and their patients
- Assist in strategic planning
- Identify potential investigators, projects, and funders for the Network
- Provide advice from time to time regarding specific projects of the Network
- Assist with selecting a student and resident/fellow to sit on the AAFP NRN Advisory Group
- Advise the Network Director in difficult or potentially controversial decisions
- Must be in good academic standing
- Demonstrate an interest in research
Time commitment away from medical school: Required to participate in 1 in-person meeting and 1-3 conference calls per year
Application details: Required elements of the application include: Letter of Interest; Letter of Chapter Support; Letter of Support from Program Director; and a Photo. Letters and forms can be uploaded or requested through the online application system. All materials must be received by the AAFP by the stated application deadline. For detailed information on application materials, visit the How to Apply page. Once you're ready to begin your application, click the Apply Now button on the sidebar of this page. The application system allows users to save and return to their application before submitting it. Please note: it is important to connect with your local AFP chapter as soon as possible to express your interest in this position.
|MEETING : AAFP NRN Annual Meeting||DATES : Summer 2020||LOCATION : AAFP Headquarters|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 30-August 1, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|