Resident Representative to the AAFP National Research Network (NRN) Advisory Group
NOTE: This position is filled. Applications will be accepted in 2018 for the 2019 term. For information on the amount of travel associated with this position, check out the meeting schedule below, which reflects the current representative’s anticipated schedule of activities.
Be a part of a national research network dedicated to conducting, supporting, promoting, and advocating for primary care research in practice-based settings.
Members of the AAFP National Research Network (NRN) Advisory Group may be asked to:
- Advise the Network Director in matters regarding the AAFP NRN research agenda and portfolio to ensure these are consistent with the needs of family physicians and their patients
- Assist in strategic planning
- Identify potential investigators, projects, and funders for the Network
- Provide advice from time to time regarding specific projects of the Network
- Assist with selecting a student and resident/fellow to sit on the AAFP NRN Advisory Group
- Advise the Network Director in difficult or potentially controversial decisions
- Must be in good academic standing
- Demonstrate an interest in research
Time commitment away from medical school: Required to participate in 1 in-person meeting and 1-3 conference calls per year
|MEETING : AAFP NRN Annual Meeting||DATES : Summer 2018||LOCATION : AAFP Headquarters|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : August 2-4, 2018||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|