Resident Representative to Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM) Board of Directors
NOTE: Applications are now being accepted for the 2018-2019 term. For information on the amount of travel associated with this position, check out the meeting calendar below.
Help define the role of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine in resident education. Develop your leadership skills with the help of leaders in family medicine education, and get the chance to organize sessions at National Conference.
The Society of Teachers of Family Medicine was founded to:
- Support and promote family medicine as an academic discipline
- Maintain and continually improve the quality of family medicine education
- Encourage research and teaching in family medicine
- Facilitate the professional growth and development of family medicine educators
- Encourage a multidisciplinary and international approach to family medicine education
- Provide a forum for the interchange of experience and ideas among its members and other interested persons
- Engage in discussions to inform decisions made by the STFM Board of Directors (does not represent the AAFP)
- Is a member, with voting rights, on the STFM Board of Directors
- Is a member, with voting rights, on the STFM Graduate Student Education Committee
- Serve as an ambassador for work to engage family medicine residents in STFM activities and academic family medicine.
- Attend all STFM Board meetings and Graduate Medical Education Committee meetings during term as representative.
- Demonstrated interest and involvement in family medicine interest groups, medical school, or state organizations as a student or resident
- Must have residency director's endorsement that time away from residency will be granted to attend meetings
- Must be a member of STFM or willing to join STFM immediately after being elected resident representative.
Time commitment away from residency: Approximately 15-20 days (includes weekends) for travel and attendance at meetings
Funding: Provided by STFM for attendance at STFM meetings
|MEETING : STFM Board Meeting||DATES : December 2018 (prior to Conf on Practice Improvement)||LOCATION : Tampa, FL|
|MEETING : STFM Board Meeting (video call)||DATES : February 2019||LOCATION : N/A|
|MEETING : STFM Board Meeting||DATES : Aprial 2019 (prior to STFM Annual Spring Conference)||LOCATION : Toronto, Canada|
|MEETING : STFM Board Meeting||DATES : July 24-25, 2019 (prior to AAFP National Conference)||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : GME Cmt Meetings||DATES : Generally spring and fall||LOCATION : TBD|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 25-27, 2019||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|