Resident Representative to Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM) Board of Directors
NOTE: Applications for this position are closed. This page will be updated when applications reopen for the next leadership cycle. See below for details on this role, as well as the current travel calendar associated with serving in this position.
Help define the role of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine in resident education. Develop your leadership skills with the help of leaders in family medicine education, and get the chance to organize sessions at National Conference.
The Society of Teachers of Family Medicine was founded to:
- Support and promote family medicine as an academic discipline
- Maintain and continually improve the quality of family medicine education
- Encourage research and teaching in family medicine
- Facilitate the professional growth and development of family medicine educators
- Encourage a multidisciplinary and international approach to family medicine education
- Provide a forum for the interchange of experience and ideas among its members and other interested persons
- Engage in discussions to inform decisions made by the STFM Board of Directors (does not represent the AAFP)
- Is a member, with voting rights, on the STFM Board of Directors
- Is a member, with voting rights, on the STFM Graduate Student Education Committee
- Serve as an ambassador for work to engage family medicine residents in STFM activities and academic family medicine.
- Attend all STFM Board meetings and Graduate Medical Education Committee meetings during term as representative.
- Demonstrated interest and involvement in family medicine interest groups, medical school, or state organizations as a student or resident
- Must have residency director's endorsement that time away from residency will be granted to attend meetings
- Must be a member of STFM or willing to join STFM immediately after being elected resident representative.
Time commitment away from residency: Approximately 15-20 days (includes weekends) for travel and attendance at meetings
Funding: Provided by STFM for attendance at STFM meetings
Application details: Required elements of the application include: Letter of Interest; Letter of Chapter Support; Letter of Support from Program Director. Letters and forms can be uploaded or requested through the online application system. For detailed information on application materials, visit the How to Apply page. Once you're ready to begin your application, click the Apply Now button on the sidebar of this page. The application system allows users to save and return to their application before submitting it. Please note: it is important to connect with your local AFP chapter as soon as possible to express your interest in this position.
|MEETING : STFM Board Meeting||DATES : December 4-5, 2020 (prior to Conf on Practice Improvement)||LOCATION : Phoenix, AZ|
|MEETING : STFM Board Meeting (video call)||DATES : February 24, 2020||LOCATION : N/A|
|MEETING : STFM Board Meeting||DATES : May 2, 2020 (prior to STFM Annual Spring Conference)||LOCATION : Salt Lake City, UT|
|MEETING : STFM Board Meeting||DATES : July 30, 2020 (prior to AAFP National Conference)||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : GME Cmt Meetings||DATES : Generally spring and fall||LOCATION : TBD|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 31-August 1, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|