Student Delegate to the AAFP Congress of Delegates
NOTE: Applications are accepted starting in the spring. This page provides details on the responsibilities and amount of travel associated with this position.
Experience Congress of Delegates and learn the governance process of the AAFP in this national student leadership position.
Applicants are elected as alternate delegates and serve as alternate delegates to this year's AAFP Congress of Delegates, alongside the current delegates. Following the meeting, those elected serve as delegates through next year's Congress of Delegates.
- Represents student member interests, as voted on by the National Congress of Medical Students, at the AAFP Congress of Delegates by following resolutions and issues pertinent to medical students
- Functions as a member of the AAFP Commission on Education (COE)
- Keeps lines of communication open with student members to facilitate dialogue on issues important to medical students
- Provides assistance to the Student Chair of National Conference in coordination of student activities
- Demonstrated interest and involvement in family medicine groups or state organizations as a student
- Must be in good academic standing
Time commitment away from medical school: Approximately 10-15 days (includes weekends) for travel and attendance at meetings
Funding: Travel covered according to AAFP Travel Policy. A per diem covers expenses to travel to and attend the meeting, including lodging and food.
|MEETING : Congress of Delegates||DATES : September 22-25, 2019||LOCATION : Philadelphia, PA|
|MEETING : Winter Cluster||DATES : February 7-9, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : Summer Cluster||DATES : May 29-May 31, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 30-August 1, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : Congress of Delegates||DATES : October 11-14, 2020||LOCATION : Chicago, IL|