Family Medicine Interest Group (FMIG) Network National Coordinator
NOTE: Applications are now being accepted for the 2018-2019 term. For information on the amount of travel associated with this position, check out the meeting calendar below.
Lead the FMIG Network to connect and strengthen FMIGs across the country, and help plan National Conference.
- Support and facilitate the work of the FMIG Regional Coordinators by maintaining communication via email, telephone, or text
- Strengthen the FMIGs on the local, state, and national levels
- Assists in activity/information coordination of all FMIG leaders
- Help facilitate the FMIG Regional Coordinators’ Orientation
- Provides input into planning the theme, programming, and special activities for the upcoming National Conference
- Assists in coordinating the FMIG activities at National Conference
- Functions as a member of the AAFP Commission on Education (COE)
- Participates as a member of the Subcommittee on Resident and Student Issues and Subcommittee on National Conference Planning, and the Resident/Student Screening Committee
- Active involvement in an FMIG prior to election
- Must be in good academic standing
Time commitment away from medical school: Approximately 10-12 days (includes weekends) for travel and attendance at meetings
Funding: Travel covered according to AAFP Travel Policy. A per diem covers expenses to travel to and attend the meeting, including lodging and food.
|MEETING : Subcommittee on National Conference Planning (SNCP)||DATES : October 2018||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : FMIG Network Student Leader Orientation||DATES : January 4-6, 2019||LOCATION : Leawood, KS|
|MEETING : Winter Cluster||DATES : January 25-27, 2019||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : Summer Cluster||DATES : May 31-June 2, 2019||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 25-27, 2019||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|