Family Medicine Interest Group (FMIG) Network National Coordinator
NOTE: Applications for this position are closed. This page will be updated when applications reopen for the next leadership cycle. See below for details on this role, as well as the current travel calendar associated with serving in this position.
Lead the FMIG Network to connect and strengthen FMIGs across the country, and help plan National Conference.
- Support and facilitate the work of the FMIG Regional Coordinators by maintaining communication via email, telephone, or text
- Strengthen the FMIGs on the local, state, and national levels
- Assists in activity/information coordination of all FMIG leaders
- Help facilitate the FMIG Regional Coordinators’ Orientation
- Provides input into planning the theme, programming, and special activities for the upcoming National Conference
- Assists in coordinating the FMIG activities at National Conference
- Functions as a member of the AAFP Commission on Education (COE)
- Participates as a member of the Subcommittee on Resident and Student Issues and Subcommittee on National Conference Planning, and the Resident/Student Screening Committee
- Active involvement in an FMIG, ACOFP student chapter, or other student interest group focused on the specialty of family medicine prior to election
- Must be in good academic standing
Time commitment away from medical school: Approximately 10-12 days (includes weekends) for travel and attendance at meetings
Funding: Travel covered according to AAFP Travel Policy. A per diem covers expenses to travel to and attend the meeting, including lodging and food.
Application details: Required elements of the application include: Letter of Interest; Letter of Chapter Support; Faculty Letter; Participation Form(280 KB PDF) (to be signed by dean of medical school). Letters and forms can be uploaded or requested through the online application system. For detailed information on application materials, visit the How to Apply page. Once you're ready to begin your application, click the Apply Now button on the sidebar of this page. The application system allows users to save and return to their application before submitting it. Please note: it is important to connect with your local AFP chapter as soon as possible to express your interest in this position.
|MEETING : Subcommittee on National Conference Planning (SNCP)||DATES : October 2019||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : FMIG Network Student Leader Orientation||DATES : January 3-5, 2020||LOCATION : Leawood, KS|
|MEETING : Winter Cluster||DATES : February 7-9, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : Summer Cluster||DATES : May 29-31, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 29-August 1, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|