Family Medicine Interest Group (FMIG) Network Regional Coordinator
This page provides details on the responsibilities, eligibility requirements, and amount of travel associated with this position. If you would like to apply for this position, please check the opportunity summary box to determine whether applications are currently being accepted.
Develop leadership skills and work with other student leaders to guide the national FMIG Network.
The AAFP established the National FMIG Network in 1995 as a way of improving communication between FMIGs around the country. The network consists of one elected national coordinator, five appointed regional coordinators, and local FMIG leaders.
- Identify and maintain communication with an FMIG leader at each medical school in the region
- Serve as a resource person for the region in providing information about the resources available through the AAFP
- Gather information about FMIG activities from medical schools in the region
- Assist in developing and executing FMIG network activities and/or workshops at the National Conference
- Participate in a monthly conference call with other regional coordinators, FMIG network national coordinator, and Academy staff
- Active involvement in an FMIG, ACOFP student chapter, or other student interest group focused on the specialty of family medicine prior to appointment as regional coordinator
- Must be in good academic standing
Time commitment away from medical school: Approximately 7-8 days (includes weekends) for travel and attendance at meetings
Funding: Travel covered according to AAFP Travel Policy. A per diem covers expenses to travel to and attend the meeting, including lodging and food.
Application details: Required elements of the application include: Letter of Interest; Letter of Chapter Support; Faculty Letter; Participation Form(280 KB PDF) (to be signed by dean of medical school); and a Photo. Letters and forms can be uploaded or requested through the online application system. All materials must be received by the AAFP by the application deadline. For detailed information on application materials, visit the How to Apply page. Once you're ready to begin your application, click the Apply Now button on the sidebar of this page. The application system allows users to save and return to their application before submitting it. Please note: it is important to connect with your local AFP chapter as soon as possible to express your interest in this position.
|MEETING : FMIG Network Student Leader Orientation||DATES : January 3-5, 2020||LOCATION : Leawood, KS|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 30-August 1, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|