Family Medicine Interest Group (FMIG) Network Regional Coordinator
NOTE: This position has been filled. For information on the amount of travel associated with this position, check out the meeting calendar below.
Develop leadership skills and work with other student leaders to guide the national FMIG Network.
The AAFP established the National FMIG Network in 1995 as a way of improving communication between FMIGs around the country. The network consists of one elected national coordinator, five appointed regional coordinators, and local FMIG leaders.
- Identify and maintain communication with an FMIG leader at each medical school in the region
- Serve as a resource person for the region in providing information about the resources available through the AAFP
- Gather information about FMIG activities from medical schools in the region
- Assist in developing and executing FMIG network activities and/or workshops at the National Conference
- Participate in a monthly conference call with other regional coordinators, FMIG network national coordinator, and Academy staff
- Active involvement in an FMIG prior to appointment as regional coordinator
- Must be in good academic standing
Time commitment away from medical school: Approximately 7-8 days (includes weekends) for travel and attendance at meetings
Funding: Travel covered according to AAFP Travel Policy. A per diem covers expenses to travel to and attend the meeting, including lodging and food.
|MEETING : FMIG Network Student Leader Orientation||DATES : January 4-6, 2019||LOCATION : Leawood, KS|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 25-27, 2019||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|