Student Member of the AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees
NOTE: Applications are accepted starting in the spring. This page provides details on the responsibilities and amount of travel associated with this position.
Be involved with high-level decision-making on a nonprofit board of trustees. Receive mentoring from established leaders of the AAFP Foundation.
The AAFP Foundation advances the values of family medicine through humanitarian, educational, and scientific philanthropy dedicated to improving health.
- Is a full voting member of the AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees
- Attends two Foundation Board meetings following election and confirmation by the AAFP Foundation Board
- Provides input into potential Foundation programming directed towards students
- Serves as the Foundation’s advocate with the student membership
- Serves on at least three Foundation committees as assigned by the Foundation President
- Attends the National Conference. (Does NOT attend Commission on Education)
- May be in any year of medical school
- Does not need previous experience in a national AAFP leadership position
Time commitment away from medical school: Approximately 15-18 days (includes weekends) for travel and attendance at meetings
Funding: Provided for meeting attendance according to AAFP Foundation guidelines.
|MEETING : AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees||DATES : November 22-24, 2019||LOCATION : Leawood, KS|
|MEETING : AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees||DATES : May 15-17, 2020||LOCATION : Leawood, KS|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 30-August 1, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|