Student Member of the AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees
NOTE: Applications for this position are closed. This page will be updated when applications reopen for the next leadership cycle. See below for details on this role, as well as the current travel calendar associated with serving in this position.
Be involved with high-level decision-making on a nonprofit board of trustees. Receive mentoring from established leaders of the AAFP Foundation.
The AAFP Foundation advances the values of family medicine through humanitarian, educational, and scientific philanthropy dedicated to improving health.
- Is a full voting member of the AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees
- Attends two Foundation Board meetings following election and confirmation by the AAFP Foundation Board
- Provides input into potential Foundation programming directed towards students
- Serves as the Foundation’s advocate with the student membership
- Serves on at least three Foundation committees as assigned by the Foundation President
- Attends the National Conference. (Does NOT attend Commission on Education)
- May be in any year of medical school
- Does not need previous experience in a national AAFP leadership position
Time commitment away from medical school: Approximately 15-18 days (includes weekends) for travel and attendance at meetings
Funding: Provided for meeting attendance according to AAFP Foundation guidelines.
Application details: Required elements of the application include: Letter of Interest; Letter of Chapter Support; Faculty Letter; Participation Form(280 KB PDF) (to be signed by dean of medical school). Letters and forms can be uploaded or requested through the online application system. For detailed information on application materials, visit the How to Apply page. Once you're ready to begin your application, click the Apply Now button on the sidebar of this page. The application system allows users to save and return to their application before submitting it. Please note: it is important to connect with your local AFP chapter as soon as possible to express your interest in this position.
|MEETING : AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees||DATES : November 22-24, 2019||LOCATION : Leawood, KS|
|MEETING : AAFP Foundation Board of Trustees||DATES : May 15-17, 2020||LOCATION : Leawood, KS|
|MEETING : National Conference||DATES : July 30-August 1, 2020||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|