2011: The Year in Review
Implementation of various components in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 continued in 2011, and the AAFP kept close tabs on how regulators proposed to interpret the law's provisions. The Academy clearly spelled out its positions on a wide range of issues legislators and health policymakers grappled with last year, not least of which were the sustainable growth rate formula used to determine Medicare physician payments and appropriate payment for family physicians and other primary care physicians. But other topics also commanded AAFP members' attention, including achieving meaningful use of electronic health records, working to improve the quality of patient care while holding the line on costs, and further defining the role of family physicians in an ever-evolving health care environment.
- 01/05/2012 — SGR Again Focus of AAFP's Legislative Agenda
- 01/04/2012 — FPs Faced Many Practice Challenges in 2011
- 01/04/2012 — Preventive Services Took Center Stage in 2011
- 01/05/2012 — Medical Education Community Calls for Changes
- 01/01/2012 — Let's Make Ourselves -- and Family Medicine -- Stronger in 2012