The AAFP Congress of Delegates today elected Wanda Filer, M.D., M.B.A., of York, Pa., to be the Academy's president-elect. Others elected or chosen by acclamation for the following positions are
Moments after election results are announced in Washington, AAFP President-elect Wanda Filer, M.D., M.B.A., of York, Pa., is escorted to the podium by sergeants-at-arms Lee Carter, M.D., of Huntingdon, Tenn., left, and Windel Stracener, M.D., of Richmond, Ind.
- Speaker of the Congress -- John Meigs Jr., M.D., of Brent, Ala.
- Vice Speaker -- Javette Orgain, M.D., M.P.H., of Chicago
- Directors -- Mott Blair IV, M.D., of Wallace, N.C.; John Cullen, M.D., of Valdez, Alaska; Lynne Lillie, M.D., of Woodbury, Minn.; and Carl Olden, M.D., of Yakima, Wash. (Olden will serve the remaining one year of the term vacated by H. Clifton Knight Jr., M.D., now AAFP vice president for education.)
- New physician Board member -- Emily Briggs, M.D., of New Braunfels, Texas
- Resident Board member -- Andrew Lutzkanin, M.D., of Reading, Pa.
- Student Board member -- Kristina Zimmerman, of Scranton, Pa.
Related AAFP News Coverage
GME, Payment Reform Take Center Stage at Town Hall Meeting
Family Medicine for America's Health Also Highlighted
Storify: 2014 Congress of Delegates: Day One(storify.com)