The AAFP Congress of Delegates today elected John Meigs Jr., M.D., of Brent, Ala., to be the Academy's president-elect. Others elected or chosen by acclamation for the following positions are
John Meigs Jr., M.D., of Brent, Ala., celebrates his win as AAFP president-elect with his wife, Molly, at the close of the 2015 Congress of Delegates' final business session.
- Speaker of the Congress -- Javette Orgain, M.D., M.P.H., of Chicago
- Vice Speaker -- Alan Schwartzstein, M.D., of Oregon, Wis.
- Directors -- John Bender, M.D., M.B.A., of Fort Collins, Colo.; Gary LeRoy, M.D., of Dayton, Ohio; and Carl Olden, M.D., of Yakima, Wash.
- New physician Board member -- Marie-Elizabeth Ramas, M.D., of Mount Shasta, Calif.
- Resident Board member -- Richard Bruno, M.D., M.P.H., of Baltimore
- Student Board member -- Tiffany Ho, M.P.H, of Baltimore
Related AAFP News Coverage
Town Hall Meeting
Academy Working to Address 'Asinine' EHR Issues
Storify: 2015 Congress of Delegates: Day One(storify.com)