The AAFP Congress of Delegates today elected John Cullen, M.D., of Valdez, Alaska, to be the Academy's president-elect. Others elected or chosen by acclamation for the following positions are
Moments after election results are announced in San Antonio, AAFP President-elect John Cullen, M.D., of Valdez, Alaska, (second from left) is escorted to the podium along with his wife, Michelle, by sergeants-at-arms Adebowale Prest, M.D., of Hebron, Md., (left) and Yvette Oquendo-Berruz, M.D., of Columbia, Md. (right).
- Speaker of the Congress -- Alan Schwartzstein, M.D., of Oregon, Wis.
- Vice Speaker -- Russell Kohl, M.D., who lives in Stilwell, Kan.
- Directors -- Sterling Ransone, M.D., of Deltaville, Va.; Windel Stracener, M.D., of Richmond, Ind.; and Erica Swegler, M.D., of Austin, Texas
- New physician Board member -- Benjamin "Frankie" Simmons III, M.D., of Concord, N.C.
- Resident Board member -- Alexa Mieses, M.D., M.P.H., of Durham, N.C.
- Student Board member -- John Heafner, M.P.H., of St. Louis
Related AAFP News Coverage
Q&A With Michael Munger, M.D.
AAFP's New President Brings Experience, Empathy, Passion
2017 Congress of Delegates: Day One(storify.com)