The AAFP Congress of Delegates today elected Gary LeRoy, M.D., of Dayton, Ohio, to be the Academy's president-elect. Others elected or chosen by acclamation for the following positions are
Moments after election results are announced in New Orleans, AAFP President-elect Gary LeRoy, M.D., of Dayton, Ohio, is escorted to the podium by sergeants-at-arms Adebowale Prest, M.D., of Silver Spring, Md., and Bryan Picou, M.D., of Natchitoches, La.
- Speaker of the Congress -- Alan Schwartzstein, M.D., of Oregon, Wis.
- Vice Speaker -- Russell Kohl, M.D., of Stilwell, Kan.
- Directors -- James Ellzy, M.D., M.M.I., of Washington, D.C.; Dennis Gingrich, M.D., of Hershey, Pa.; and Tochi Iroku-Malize, M.D., M.P.H., M.B.A., of Islip, N.Y.
- New physician Board member -- LaTasha Seliby Perkins, M.D., of Alexandria, Va.
- Resident Board member -- Michelle Byrne, M.D., M.P.H., of Chicago
- Student Board member -- Chandler Stisher, of Brownsboro, Ala.
Related AAFP News Coverage
2018 Family Medicine Experience
FPs Make a Difference Volunteering in 'The Big Easy'
2018 Congress of Delegates: Day Two(wakelet.com)