The AAFP Congress of Delegates today elected Ada Stewart, M.D., of Columbia, S.C., to be the Academy's president-elect. Others elected or chosen by acclamation for the following positions are
Moments after election results are announced in Philadelphia, AAFP President-elect Ada Stewart, M.D., of Columbia, S.C., celebrates with her family and friends.
- Speaker of the Congress -- Alan Schwartzstein, M.D., of Oregon, Wis.
- Vice Speaker -- Russell Kohl, M.D., of Stilwell, Kan.
- Directors -- Andrew Carroll, M.D., of Chandler, Ariz.; Steven Furr, M.D., of Jackson, Ala.; and Margot Savoy, M.D., M.P.H., of Newark, Del.
- New physician Board member -- Brent Sugimoto, M.D., M.P.H., of Richmond, Calif.
- Resident Board member -- Kelly Thibert, D.O., M.P.H., of Columbus, Ohio
- Student Board member -- Margaret Miller, of Johnson City, Tenn.
Related AAFP News Coverage
2019 Congress of Delegates
FPs Talk Payment, Administrative Burden in Town Hall
2019 Congress of Delegates: Day Two(wakelet.com)