March 19, 2019 04:39 pm — A family physician co-author of a recent study outlined key interventions that helped one residency program quickly increase diversity despite a largely unchanged pipeline.Full Story »
Physician Education & Development
Recent Physician Education & Development Stories
03/15/2019 — The 2019 Match numbers mark a decade of year-over-year growth for family medicine, with a total of 3,848 medical students and graduates matching into the specialty -- 313 more than in 2018.
03/15/2019 — An article published in the March issue of Family Medicine identifies factors that contribute to allopathic and osteopathic institutions' output of family physicians over time.
03/05/2019 — Results of focus group sessions with medical students at allopathic schools across the United States show that the decision to specialize in family medicine is influenced by several factors.
03/04/2019 — A recent article in Family Medicine sums up the outcomes of three years of work by the Family Medicine for America's Health Workforce Education & Development Tactic Team.
More Physician Education & Development News
- 02/26/2019 — What Factors Hook Medical Students on Family Medicine?
- 02/20/2019 — Family Medicine Tops the List in Osteopathic Match
- 02/04/2019 — Research Shines a Light on SDOH Training
- 01/30/2019 — New Study: A Taste of Rural Medicine Proves Powerful
- 01/23/2019 — AAFP Weighs in With Its 'Vision for the Future'
- 01/23/2019 — Apply Now for STFM Pilots Aimed at Improved Training
- 01/11/2019 — ABMS Continuing Certification Initiative Issues Draft Report
- 10/09/2018 — ABFM to Pilot Longitudinal Assessment Alternative to Exam
- 09/18/2018 — Best Project Winners Named in Emerging Leader Institute
- 09/11/2018 — AAFP, Rhode Island Medical Board Pioneer New CME Benefit