April 11, 2018 01:31 pm — AAFP members have until May 11 to complete a survey on the future of continuing board certification. The survey is part of a collaborative effort to bring together multiple stakeholders to re-envision continuing certification.Full Story »
Physician Education & Development
Recent Physician Education & Development Stories
04/03/2018 — A session on prescribing opioids appropriately that was presented during the 2018 AAFP Residency Program Solutions conference included tips for educating patients and spotting red flags.
03/28/2018 — Effective immediately, the AAFP Credit System will begin approving functional medicine topics in accordance with its eligibility requirements and topic-specific guidance from the Commission on Continuing Professional Development.
03/16/2018 — Results from the 2018 National Resident Matching Program show family medicine residency programs gained ground for the ninth straight year.
02/27/2018 — Physicians who became eligible to apply for initial certification from the American Board of Family Medicine before 2012 but haven't completed the certification process have until the end of this year to do. After Dec. 31, they will lose their board eligibility.
More Physician Education & Development News
- 02/16/2018 — Updated E/M Documentation Rules Good for Preceptors
- 02/14/2018 — Osteopathic Match Again Shows Family Medicine on Top
- 11/21/2017 — Resident Creates Online Resource on Death and Dying
- 10/25/2017 — California Wildfires Bring Out the Best in Family Medicine
- 10/05/2017 — Unified Performance Improvement Credit Process Up and Running
- 10/04/2017 — GME System Not Meeting Nation's Physician Workforce Needs
- 09/25/2017 — Residents Who Train in THCs More Drawn to Underserved Areas
- 09/01/2017 — AAFP Seeks Simpler Path for Residents to Train Across State Lines
- 08/18/2017 — AAFP Credit System Launches Blended Learning CME
- 08/04/2017 — Emerging Leader Institute Project Winners Honored