November 21, 2017 03:00 pm — While participating in the AAFP Foundation's Family Medicine Leads Emerging Leader Institute this year, Joshua Wienczkowski, M.D., created the End of Life Literacy website.Full Story »
Physician Education & Development
Recent Physician Education & Development Stories
10/25/2017 — The recent wildfires in California affected two family medicine residencies in Santa Rosa, one a long-established program and the other just beginning interviews for its inaugural class in 2018.
10/05/2017 — Thanks to a collaborative effort by the AAFP and the American Board of Family Medicine, Academy members can now benefit from a streamlined credit-reporting process for their performance improvement activities.
10/04/2017 — Two articles developed by AAFP researchers conclude that the U.S. graduate medical education system is not producing enough primary care physicians.
09/25/2017 — Fifty-five percent of residents in teaching health center programs said in a recent survey that they intend to go on to practice in underserved areas. Among family medicine residents, the figure was 66 percent.
More Physician Education & Development News
- 09/01/2017 — AAFP Seeks Simpler Path for Residents to Train Across State Lines
- 08/18/2017 — AAFP Credit System Launches Blended Learning CME
- 08/04/2017 — Emerging Leader Institute Project Winners Honored
- 08/02/2017 — Residents Vote to Protect Patients, Push Physician Wellness
- 08/02/2017 — Students Focus on Health Equity for All Americans
- 07/31/2017 — Panelists Urge Future Family Docs to Transform Health Care
- 07/29/2017 — Students, Residents Set Course by Electing New Leaders
- 07/19/2017 — AAFP Creates Primary Care Innovation Fellowship
- 07/10/2017 — AAFP, ABFM to Launch Unified Credit Reporting Process
- 07/01/2017 — AAFP Tool Can Connect GME Programs, Save Family Medicine Slots