August 04, 2020 05:27 pm — For their virtual mainstage event at the 2020 National Conference, AAFP CEO/EVP Shawn Martin and Farzad Mostashari, M.D., M.P.H., talked about the future of family medicine.Full Story »
Physician Education & Development
Recent Physician Education & Development Stories
08/04/2020 — Program directors Deborah Clements, M.D., and Kristina Diaz, M.D., offered students advice on navigating the virtual match during a session at the National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students.
07/21/2020 — Although the AAFP's PDW and RPS Residency Education Symposium was canceled because of the pandemic, the Academy is making more than 18 hours of recorded content and materials available.
06/04/2020 — New recommendations aim to ensure a successful 2021 family medicine residency match process that overcomes hurdles thrown up by the pandemic.
05/20/2020 — The Society of Teachers of Family Medicine has launched a new podcast series that examines lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic from an academic medicine perspective.
More Physician Education & Development News
- 04/09/2020 — New AAFP Policy Protects Medical Learners During Pandemic
- 03/20/2020 — More U.S. Students Match to Family Medicine in Record Year
- 03/03/2020 — CDC Offers Free CME on Tapering, Discontinuing Opioids
- 02/20/2020 — USMLE Change Benefits Students, Reflects AAFP Guidance
- 01/21/2020 — Study: FM Residencies Need More Telehealth Training
- 12/24/2019 — Study Highlights Lack of Self-care Among Medical Residents
- 11/19/2019 — Study: What Do Long-term Rural Preceptors Need to Succeed?
- 11/15/2019 — Parental Leave in Family Medicine Residencies Varies Widely
- 11/13/2019 — AAFP Adds New Livestream Platform CME Options
- 10/11/2019 — AAFP Updates CME Search, Reporter Functions for Members