October 09, 2018 11:09 am — The American Board of Family Medicine is set to launch a continuing certification pilot in January 2019. Diplomates eligible to participate will have the option of completing a longitudinal assessment alternative to the 10-year certification exam.Full Story »
Physician Education & Development
Recent Physician Education & Development Stories
09/18/2018 — The winning projects from the third class of the Family Medicine Leads Emerging Leader Institute focused on the mental health of veterans, home births and high-quality care for the LGBTQ+ community.
09/11/2018 — Rhode Island's Board of Medical Licensure and Discipline has begun excluding AAFP members from its biennial CME audit for license renewals.
09/05/2018 — A new initiative will work to ensure that by 2030, 25 percent of U.S. medical school seniors will select family medicine as their specialty.
08/30/2018 — A 2018 Medscape survey measures how happy U.S. resident physicians are in their jobs and with their lifestyles.
More Physician Education & Development News
- 08/28/2018 — New Texas Medical School Set to Emphasize Primary Care
- 08/24/2018 — Enhance Racial Disparities Training, Say Primary Care Residents
- 08/10/2018 — Students Focus on Protecting Vulnerable Patients, More Training
- 08/08/2018 — Birth, Death, Hope and Money: Stories of Family Medicine
- 08/08/2018 — Residents Tackle Tough Issues to Ensure Good Patient Care
- 08/08/2018 — Panelists Recommend Looking Back to Move Forward
- 08/04/2018 — Students, Residents Elect New Leaders for the Coming Year
- 07/23/2018 — Preparing Primary Care Residents for Geriatric Patients
- 07/18/2018 — Community Colleges Hold Key to Family Medicine Diversity
- 07/03/2018 — Review Task Force Recommendations on Board Certification