October 05, 2017 04:36 pm — Thanks to a collaborative effort by the AAFP and the American Board of Family Medicine, Academy members can now benefit from a streamlined credit-reporting process for their performance improvement activities.Full Story »
Physician Education & Development
Recent Physician Education & Development Stories
10/04/2017 — Two articles developed by AAFP researchers conclude that the U.S. graduate medical education system is not producing enough primary care physicians.
09/25/2017 — Fifty-five percent of residents in teaching health center programs said in a recent survey that they intend to go on to practice in underserved areas. Among family medicine residents, the figure was 66 percent.
09/01/2017 — The AAFP is seeking support for simplifying the licensing process for medical residents who train in programs that have facilities in multiple jurisdictions.
08/18/2017 — The AAFP Credit System's new blended learning activity type helps physicians earn AAFP CME credit in ways that best match their learning styles.
More Physician Education & Development News
- 08/04/2017 — Emerging Leader Institute Project Winners Honored
- 08/02/2017 — Residents Vote to Protect Patients, Push Physician Wellness
- 08/02/2017 — Students Focus on Health Equity for All Americans
- 07/31/2017 — Panelists Urge Future Family Docs to Transform Health Care
- 07/29/2017 — Students, Residents Set Course by Electing New Leaders
- 07/19/2017 — AAFP Creates Primary Care Innovation Fellowship
- 07/10/2017 — AAFP, ABFM to Launch Unified Credit Reporting Process
- 07/01/2017 — AAFP Tool Can Connect GME Programs, Save Family Medicine Slots
- 06/26/2017 — AFP to Host Free CME Twitter Chat on Antibiotic Overuse
- 05/18/2017 — Teaching Health Center Funding Drop Felt in Family Medicine Residency Growth