April 15, 2014 07:15 pm — In mid-March, the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education announced to the graduate medical education community that preliminary work had begun on two national multicenter trials designed to investigate the impact of resident duty hour limits instituted in 2011.Full Story »
Physician Education & Development
Recent Physician Education & Development Stories
03/21/2014 — Following an anxious week of waiting, graduating medical students today learned the results of the 2014 National Resident Matching Program, commonly referred to as the Match. Those results spotlight a positive trend for family medicine: For the fifth straight year, the number of medical students choosing family medicine ticked higher than the previous year.
03/21/2014 — The AAFP recently released a policy document that outlines how the nation could resolve its chronic shortage of family physicians by implementing targeted policies that value primary care. The revised policy paper, titled "Family Physician Workforce Reform: Recommendations of the American Academy of Family Physicians," lays out a strategic plan on how to increase the annual production of new family physicians by an average of about 65 physicians each year through 2025.
03/20/2014 — What's the best way to bring a good idea to fruition? Make sure people know about it. That's exactly what the Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative did last year when it launched an interactive database that features academic and training institutions that have embraced interprofessional training that brings together medical students, residents, clinicians and other health care professionals.
Chapter Spotlight Series
More Physician Education & Development News
- 02/28/2014 — M.D.s, D.O.s Back Move to One Accreditation System
- 02/26/2014 — Family Medicine Is Tops in Osteopathic Match
- 02/18/2014 — Primary Care Students Focus on Team-based Training
- 01/29/2014 — Panel: Support for Rural Training Must Continue
- 01/15/2014 — NHSC 2014 Application Period Now Open
- 11/27/2013 — GME Funding Inequities Are Focus of Research
- 11/20/2013 — Family Physicians Settle Close to Training Sites
- 11/19/2013 — Study: More Medical Schools Not Answer for Patient Access
- 11/19/2013 — Train More Residents in Safety-net Settings, Says Study
- 10/15/2013 — Not Enough Physicians Entering Primary Care
- 10/16/2013 — ABMS Solicits Comments on MOC Standards