March 20, 2020 05:56 pm — In the first entirely unified match for allopathic and osteopathic medical students, the total number of U.S. students and graduates matching into the specialty increased by 103 while the overall family medicine match increased by nearly 500.Full Story »
Physician Education & Development
Recent Physician Education & Development Stories
03/03/2020 — The CDC is offering family physicians and other stakeholders an opportunity to learn about opioid reduction strategies and earn free CME in the process.
02/20/2020 — Medical students scored a major win last week when the United States Medical Licensing Examination program announced its intention to change score reporting for the USMLE Step 1 exam from the current three-digit numeric score to pass/fail beginning in 2022.
01/21/2020 — Armed with survey results that show many residencies use telehealth infrequently, researchers say family medicine residents need more training in telehealth services.
12/24/2019 — New research indicates that a concerning number of medical residents do not have a routine place for care, making them less likely to utilize valuable preventive screenings and services.
More Physician Education & Development News
- 11/19/2019 — Study: What Do Long-term Rural Preceptors Need to Succeed?
- 11/15/2019 — Parental Leave in Family Medicine Residencies Varies Widely
- 11/13/2019 — AAFP Adds New Livestream Platform CME Options
- 10/11/2019 — AAFP Updates CME Search, Reporter Functions for Members
- 09/25/2019 — Become a Family Medicine Discovers RapSDI Scholar
- 09/18/2019 — Emerging Leader Institute Names Best Project Winners
- 08/26/2019 — AAFP Credit System Unveils New Seal
- 08/21/2019 — NY Residency Program Teaches Grads to Serve Underserved
- 08/12/2019 — AAFP Promotes Health Equity Curricular Toolkit
- 08/06/2019 — AAFP Launches New Audio Journal Products