2020 National Conference
Students, Residents Elect 2021 Leadership
August 05, 2020, 08:42 pm News Staff — Capping the first virtually conducted National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students — which boasted record-breaking student attendance of 2,293 — delegates to the National Congress of Family Medicine Residents and the National Congress of Student Members chose new leaders in a remote election. Following an Aug. 1 online forum for candidates, voting was conducted through Aug. 4, with results announced the next day.
Several appointed student and resident leadership positions remain available, including
- resident representatives to the AMA Resident and Fellow Section (applications due Aug. 11),
- student representatives to the AMA Medical Student Section (applications due Aug. 11),
- resident and student to serve on the Annals of Family Medicine editorial advisory board (applications due Aug. 11),
- AAFP commission members (applications due Sept. 8),
- FMIG Network regional coordinators (students only, applications due Sept. 8),
- student liaison to the Student National Medical Association,
- student liaison to the Latino Medical Student Association,
- AAFP National Research Network Advisory Group resident and student representatives,
- FamMedPAC resident and student representatives, and
- American Family Physician resident and student representatives.
Information about leadership positions and application materials are available at aafp.org/getinvolved.