January 13, 2020 03:58 pm — Mentors led Chase Mussard to family medicine. Now the East Tennessee State University Quillen College of Medicine student strives to do the same for others.Full Story »
Family Doc Focus
Recent Family Doc Focus Stories
01/06/2020 — AAFP Health Equity Fellow Keisha Harvey, M.D., has embarked on a broad campaign to address obesity with efforts in physician offices and throughout the community.
12/16/2019 — Rose Marie Leslie, M.D., wanted to share health tips with young people. Now the family medicine resident's entertaining videos are gaining a big following on the social media service TikTok.
12/09/2019 — During her quest to become an elite athlete, Julie Foucher-Urcuyo, M.D., M.S., recognized the importance of prevention, healthy lifestyles and, ultimately, family medicine.
12/02/2019 — Physician and filmmaker Leo Lopez III, M.D., found himself on a family medicine career path after his own experience as a patient.
More Family Doc Focus Stories
- 11/25/2019 — Small-town FP Takes on National, Global Leadership Roles
- 11/18/2019 — FP Leads Residents in Care for Homeless Patients
- 11/11/2019 — Following Evidence Led FP to His Most Important Role
- 11/04/2019 — Building a Foundation of Evidence-based Research
- 10/28/2019 — In NFL and in Clinic, This FP Knows Teamwork Counts
- 10/21/2019 — Rural, Urban, OB and More: This Family Doc Does It All
- 10/14/2019 — Family Medicine Is Key to Abundant Opportunities
- 10/07/2019 — Caring for Immigrants at the Border and on Capitol Hill
- 09/23/2019 — DPC Doc Shares Vision in State Leadership Role
- 09/16/2019 — Social Justice Brought Resident Leader to Family Medicine