Family Doc Focus
Recent Family Doc Focus Stories
03/09/2020 — Program director Deborah Clements, M.D., is always on the lookout for prospective residents who have overcome challenges because she knows from experience that navigating hardships can make you a better doctor.
03/02/2020 — Ashley Peterson, D.O., started medical school at 19 and launched her own business at 24, and she's just getting started.
02/24/2020 — Hearing loss forced Joanna Bisgrove, M.D., to learn how to advocate effectively. The AAFP's National Conference of Constituency Leaders helped her become an advocate for others.
02/17/2020 — Family physician Zita Magloire, M.D., delivered nearly 90 babies in her small community last year and is determined to show medical students and residents that they can incorporate obstetrics in their practices, too.
More Family Doc Focus Stories
- 02/10/2020 — Colleagues' Deaths Inspired FP to Bounce Back
- 02/03/2020 — Mentor Blazed a Trail Worth Following
- 01/27/2020 — NCCL Convener Has a Passion for Advocacy
- 01/13/2020 — Med Student Leader Helps Peers Find Family Medicine Path
- 01/06/2020 — Health Equity Fellow Targets Obesity in Clinic, Community
- 12/16/2019 — Resident's Health Tips Reach Young People on TikTok
- 12/09/2019 — Resident's Fitness Focus Set Her on Family Medicine Course
- 12/02/2019 — Physician Filmmaker Documents More Than Patient Records
- 11/25/2019 — Small-town FP Takes on National, Global Leadership Roles
- 11/18/2019 — FP Leads Residents in Care for Homeless Patients