July 31, 2017 11:45 am — Physicians at the opening event of the AAFP's 2017 National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students called on attendees to become agents of change.Full Story »
Family Medicine for America's Health
In August 2013, the AAFP joined with seven other national family medicine organizations -- the AAFP Foundation, the American Board of Family Medicine, the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians, the Association of Departments of Family Medicine, the Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors, the North American Primary Care Research Group and the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine -- to examine the challenges and opportunities facing family medicine and define a path forward in the rapidly changing health care landscape.
The resulting collaboration, dubbed Family Medicine for America’s Health(fmahealth.org), is engaging primary care health professionals, patients, policymakers and other key stakeholders to drive continued improvement of the U.S. health care system and spotlight the value of true primary care. To complement this strategic work, Family Medicine for America’s Health has launched a communications campaign -- Health is Primary(healthisprimary.org) -- to advocate the values of family medicine, demonstrate the benefits of primary care and drive patient activation.
AAFP News has been covering this initiative since its inception. Here's a look back at some of that coverage.
Recent Family Medicine for America's Health News
05/23/2017 — The Health is Primary campaign from Family Medicine for America's Health has released survey data showing strong positive attitudes toward and opinions about primary care across the country.
03/27/2017 — A panel of physicians discussed how innovation is improving primary care during a briefing cosponsored by the Health is Primary campaign from Family Medicine for America's Health and the Primary Care Caucus.
01/11/2017 — As patients make their resolutions this month to welcome 2017, the Health is Primary campaign from Family Medicine for America's Health is promoting a focus on fitness and nutrition.
12/07/2016 — For December, the Health is Primary campaign from Family Medicine for America's Health is focusing on engaging patients by putting them at the center of care.
Get Email Updates
More Family Medicine for America's Health Content
- 11/09/2016 — Health is Primary Campaign Focuses on Caregiver Health
- 10/12/2016 — October Campaign Focuses on Championing Primary Care
- 09/19/2016 — Health is Primary Building Support for Strong Primary Care Foundation
- 09/14/2016 — Health is Primary Campaign Focuses on Healthy Aging
- 08/12/2016 — Health is Primary Focuses on Promoting Value of Immunizations
- 08/02/2016 — Health is Primary Panel Preaches Primary Care Advocacy
- 07/19/2016 — Iora Primary Care Gets Creative in Tackling Chronic Disease
- 06/29/2016 — Health is Primary Highlights FPs' Role in Promoting Fitness, Nutrition
- 05/31/2016 — Health is Primary Focuses on Integrating Primary Care, Mental Health
- 02/26/2016 — Campaign Promotes Family Physicians' Role in End-of-Life Care