March 22, 2017 12:43 pm — The AAFP is urging lawmakers to vote "No" on the American Health Care Act because it falls far short of what is needed to improve the health care system.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
03/20/2017 — As federal legislators consider the administration's proposed budget for fiscal year 2018, the AAFP wants them to ensure that the foundation of the nation's health care system is protected.
03/17/2017 — A new Speak Out campaign from the AAFP makes it easy for family physicians to weigh in as legislators consider making major changes to the nation's health care system.
03/15/2017 — The AAFP sent a letter to legislators expressing strong reservations about the impact the proposed American Health Care Act would have on patient care.
03/08/2017 — A prompt response from the AAFP highlighted shortcomings in a draft of the proposed American Health Care Act the House of Representatives released on March 6.
More Government & Medicine News
- 02/28/2017 — Proposed Commission on Complex Diseases Wins AAFP Support
- 02/22/2017 — Federal Appeals Court Strikes Down Physician Gag Law
- 02/21/2017 — AAFP Urges HHS Secretary to Hold Health IT Vendors Accountable
- 02/14/2017 — Panel Examines What Works, What Doesn't in ACA Marketplaces
- 02/13/2017 — AAFP Joins Other Groups in Touting Vaccines' Safety, Efficacy
- 02/08/2017 — AAFP Calls on Trump to Reduce FPs' Regulatory Burden
- 02/03/2017 — Senators Meet With AAFP, Others on Health Insurance Priorities
- 02/01/2017 — AAFP Adds Support to Bills Easing Access to OTC Drugs
- 01/31/2017 — Re-evaluate Immigration Order, AAFP Urges President
- 01/27/2017 — AAFP Joins Stand to Protect Women's Health