April 01, 2020 11:30 am — Following intense AAFP lobbying, CMS on March 30 announced substantial measures to increase telehealth flexibility as FPs fight COVID-19.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
03/30/2020 — Family physicians racing to quell the COVID-19 pandemic can expect a significant payment boost from CMS, thanks to the Academy's advocacy.
03/23/2020 — Stimulus legislation intended to ease burdens posed by the COVID-19 pandemic "should support and sustain physicians and their practices during this unprecedented national emergency," said the Academy and four other groups in a March 20 letter to congressional leaders.
03/20/2020 — To allow family physicians maximum flexibility to meet the demands of the COVID-19 pandemic, the AAFP this week asked Congress and insurers to require that all health insurance plans expand coverage for virtual care.
03/16/2020 — In a series of recent letters, the AAFP pressed lawmakers and administration officials to speed the flow of materials and data to family physicians and to reinforce the primary care safety net.
More Government & Medicine News
- 03/12/2020 — AAFP Sees Strong Maternal Health Potential in 'Momnibus' Act
- 03/04/2020 — AAFP to CMS: Don't Add to Physicians' Administrative Burden
- 03/02/2020 — Academy Urges HHS to Factor FPs Into COVID-19 Response
- 02/17/2020 — THCGME Funding Can't Wait, AAFP Tells House, Senate
- 02/11/2020 — AAFP Gives Proposed Transparency Rules Cautious Thumbs-up
- 02/03/2020 — Block Grant Plan Would Hurt Medicaid Patients, AAFP Warns
- 01/28/2020 — Medicare to Cover Some Acupuncture in AAFP Advocacy Win
- 01/27/2020 — Federal Agency Seeks Your Comments on Diabetes Issues
- 01/22/2020 — Advanced APM Bonuses Hit New Snag: Missing Payee Data
- 01/21/2020 — AAFP Warns of More Harm in Scope-of-Practice Executive Order