March 07, 2014 12:44 pm — The AAFP takes every opportunity to remind CMS of the value of primary care for all Americans and the Academy's commitment to its own "Health Care for All" policy. Case in point, the AAFP recently was made aware of draft letter published online by CMS for the benefit of "issuers" or those entities looking to offer qualified health insurance plans in a federally facilitated marketplace in 2015.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
02/26/2014 — Dozens of physician, hospital, health information technology and other stakeholder organizations that are invested in their members' successful completion of CMS' Medicare and Medicaid electronic health record incentive programs took a united stand recently in asking HHS to modify program requirements and timelines.
02/25/2014 — Congress currently is looking at legislation that would end the frustrating cycle of temporary fixes to the Medicare sustainable growth rate (SGR) formula for physician payment and allow physicians to take a major step toward improving the quality of patient care. In response, the AAFP is reaching out to members to ask them to urge Congress to act before the latest patch to the SGR expires on March 31.
02/19/2014 — The AAFP has announced it is supporting pending legislation in Congress that would repeal the Medicare sustainable growth rate payment formula and create a payment system that encourages quality improvements instead of the current emphasis on volume. In a letter sent to House and Senate leaders this week, AAFP Board Chair Jeff Cain, M.D., outlined the Academy's support for the bill.
Talk With Leaders
More Government & Medicine News
- 02/18/2014 — CMS Establishes Deadlines for Open Payments Law
- 02/12/2014 — CMS Grants One-Month Extension on Meaningful Use Deadline
- 02/11/2014 — HHS Adopts Rule Expanding Patient Access to Test Results
- 02/04/2014 — AAFP Urges CMS to Review, Correct Misvalued CPT Codes
- 01/22/2014 — CMS to Release Payment Data on Case-by-Case Basis
- 01/15/2014 — Mental Health Parity Should Cover Children, Says AAFP
- 01/08/2014 — Restricting Firearms for Mental Health Patients Moves Forward
- 12/31/2013 — AAFP Supports FDA Preliminary Determination on Trans Fat
- 12/18/2013 — Congress is Moving Closer to SGR Repeal
- 12/16/2013 — Congress Should Extend Parity Program, Says AAFP
- 12/11/2013 — AAFP Summarizes 2014 Physician Fee Schedule