January 14, 2020 04:25 pm — In a move the Academy has advocated for months, Congress has mandated a one-year delay for required reporting of clinical laboratory data.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
01/09/2020 — In letters to CMS and HHS' Office of the Inspector General, the Academy counseled regulators to make sure self-referral rules do not hinder practice transformation through new payment models.
01/03/2020 — New restrictions on flavored e-cigarette products fall short, the AAFP said in a statement calling for a ban on menthol flavors and all forms of mixing fruit flavors.
12/23/2019 — The AAFP said a federal appeals court ruling on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act leaves family physicians and their patients in an unacceptable void.
12/20/2019 — Family physicians have an opportunity to help shape the foundational document for federal nutrition policy and education programs in writing or in person at a January meeting.
More Government & Medicine News
- 12/18/2019 — Congress' 2020 Spending Package Short-changes Primary Care
- 12/18/2019 — Complete Open Payments Review by Dec. 31
- 12/10/2019 — Heads Up to FPs: Medicare Home Health Changes Coming Jan. 1
- 12/09/2019 — AAFP Schools Congressional Task Force on Rural Health
- 12/04/2019 — AAFP Sees Maternal Mortality Strategies in House Bills
- 12/03/2019 — AAFP to CMS: Cut Prior Authorization to Preserve Programs
- 11/22/2019 — Trump 'Absolutely Heard Us' on Vaping, Says AAFP President
- 11/13/2019 — AAFP Asks Senate to Prioritize Patient-centered Research
- 11/12/2019 — Fee Schedule Summary: AAFP Advice Visible in CMS Final Rule
- 11/11/2019 — Academy Applauds Primary Care Patient Protection Act