October 26, 2016 01:36 pm — The AAFP recently gave the Social Security Administration pointed feedback as the agency mulls new rules for considering medical evidence in disability claims.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
10/24/2016 — The AAFP told a federal agency to be careful of moving too far in expanding a federal exemption program for commercial vehicle operators who have diabetes.
10/19/2016 — HHS overruled AAFP objections to a final rule that toughens requirements for physicians to accommodate patients with limited English proficiency.
10/11/2016 — The AAFP is urging CMS to make sure that rules governing federal health insurance exchanges contribute to improved patient access and health outcomes.
10/03/2016 — A proposed rule heeds the AAFP's call to expand the pool of clinicians eligible to assess whether a patient who has diabetes can safely work as a commercial driver.
More Government & Medicine News
- 09/27/2016 — House Bill to Expand Direct Primary Care Wins AAFP Support
- 09/21/2016 — AAFP Presses Congress to Protect Primary Care Program Funding
- 09/13/2016 — AAFP Presses House to Act on Family Caregiver Bill
- 09/12/2016 — Bill Extending Home-based Chronic Care Project Wins AAFP Support
- 09/06/2016 — AAFP Calls for Caution in Teleheath Bill's Language
- 08/31/2016 — AAFP Urges Review, Rewrite of Portions of Proposed Rule
- 08/24/2016 — AAFP Calls for Revisions in Proposed 2017 Physician Fee Schedule
- 08/23/2016 — AAFP Urges CMS to Rework Proposed New Patient Codes
- 08/16/2016 — CMS Fields New Pilot Program to Bolster Medicare Advantage
- 08/16/2016 — AAFP Takes on Patient Experience Survey Issues