January 12, 2017 01:42 pm — In a recent letter to CMS, the AAFP again took advantage of the opportunity to outline changes the agency should make to the outpatient prospective payment system.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
01/11/2017 — In a year-end letter to CMS, the AAFP highlighted unfinished business the agency failed to address in the final 2017 Medicare physician fee schedule.
12/16/2016 — The AAFP slammed a final rule issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs that grants advanced practice registered nurses independent practice authority.
12/15/2016 — The National Governors Association recently released new resources to help states improve the flow of information between health care professionals.
12/14/2016 — The DEA has announced changes to its registration renewal process that effectively eliminate any grace period for physicians who fail to renew their registration on time, meaning they have to apply for a new registration if they miss the deadline.
More Government & Medicine News
- 12/14/2016 — Bill to Expand Telehealth in TRICARE Preserves State Licensure
- 12/08/2016 — AAFP Urges Federal Support for Payment Reform Initiatives
- 12/05/2016 — AAFP President: No Subspecialists on Prevention Task Force
- 11/30/2016 — AAFP Members Can Speak Out to Support Teaching Health Centers
- 11/29/2016 — AAFP Joins Push for Full Funding of Addiction, Recovery Law
- 11/28/2016 — AAFP Savors Successes Achieved in Final OPPS Rule
- 11/16/2016 — Action Network Helps FPs Campaign for Family Medicine
- 11/14/2016 — AAFP Fee Schedule Summary Identifies Key Elements for Family Physicians
- 11/09/2016 — AAFP Puts Family Medicine on President-elect's Agenda
- 11/09/2016 — Variety of State Regulations Take Aim at Opioid Abuse