October 21, 2019 01:42 pm — The AAFP told CMS that the agency can help family physicians combat the opioid misuse crisis by increasing investment in primary care physician workforce growth and reducing administrative complexity.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
10/17/2019 — Congress must end surprise medical billing -- a practice that harms patients and damages the physician-patient relationship -- the AAFP said in a recent letter to lawmakers.
10/14/2019 — A recent White House executive order meant to bolster Medicare includes some good ideas -- but one element could impair high-quality, team-based primary care, the Academy warned in an Oct. 11 letter.
10/14/2019 — In an Oct. 9 letter to CMS, the Academy advocated for the expansion of codes under the primary care exception rule -- an update that would reduce administrative complexity without compromising patient care.
10/09/2019 — The Academy continued its extensive advocacy for site-neutral payment in a recent round of letters to CMS and Congress, saying that such payment parity would encourage patients to make decisions based on quality rather than cost.
More Government & Medicine News
- 10/08/2019 — AAFP Welcomes Proposed Graphic Cigarette Warning Labels
- 10/02/2019 — AAFP, Others Demand Answers on Advanced APM Bonus Delays
- 09/23/2019 — Cut Red Tape for Family Physicians, AAFP Tells Congress
- 09/23/2019 — AAFP Offers CMS Improvements to Proposed 2020 MPFS
- 09/18/2019 — AAFP Objects to Planned End of Medicaid Access Rule
- 09/17/2019 — AAFP to Congress: Reauthorize THCGME Program Now
- 09/16/2019 — AAFP Joins Renewed Demand for Critical Gun Reforms
- 09/11/2019 — AAFP Gives HHS Guidance on Pain Management, Opioid Crisis
- 09/05/2019 — AAFP Scores Win on Payment to Support Rural Residencies
- 09/04/2019 — AAFP Tells FCC Telehealth Pilot Should Encompass Broad Scope