May 27, 2016 01:56 pm — The AAFP supports raising the number of patients a physician can treat with medication for opioid addiction, but there are problems in a proposed rule.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
05/25/2016 — Answering a senator who asked the AAFP to help solve the problem of opioid addiction, the Academy assured him that family physicians have long been on the case.
05/04/2016 — Two House committees recently approved bills targeting prescription opioid abuse, and the AAFP has now weighed in on several of those measures.
05/04/2016 — Medicare's 60-day overpayment rule took effect on March 14, and an article in Family Practice Management tells physicians exactly what they need to know.
04/27/2016 — The AAFP recently made requests of CMS that were related to two resolutions adopted by the 2015 Congress of Delegates.
More Government & Medicine News
- 04/27/2016 — AAFP Backs Proposal for Substance Abuse Program Record Sharing
- 04/27/2016 — FPs Storm Capitol Hill Armed With AAFP Advocacy Issues
- 04/25/2016 — AAFP Urges More Federal Funding for Key Primary Care Programs
- 04/20/2016 — AAFP Takes Seat at MACRA Table on Capitol Hill
- 04/19/2016 — AAFP Joins Push for Obama to Expand FDA Tobacco Regulation
- 04/18/2016 — Diabetic Testing Supplies Rules, Efficacy Draw AAFP Concern
- 04/15/2016 — Rising Part D Drug Prices Adversely Affect Physicians, Patients
- 04/12/2016 — MedPAC Continues Call for Greater Primary Care Support
- 03/30/2016 — HHS Releases Final Version of National Pain Strategy
- 03/29/2016 — AAFP Warns Legislators About Bill to Speed Review of Mergers