July 02, 2020 01:58 pm — In two recent letters, the AAFP and other groups asked Congress for permanent telehealth flexibility and laid out principles to ensure ongoing virtual care success.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
07/02/2020 — The AAFP recently joined a coalition of other medical groups in warning the Department of Veterans Affairs about the danger of allowing nonphysicians to practice without physician oversight.
07/01/2020 — The AAFP and three other physician organizations voiced strong support for a Senate bill that would restore Medicaid payment parity with Medicare rates.
06/12/2020 — Racism must be understood as a public health issue and declared a public health emergency, the AAFP told the administration and key members of Congress in a pair of June 10 letters.
06/10/2020 — Primary care physicians need temporary, targeted liability relief in the aftermath of COVID-19, the Academy and hundreds of other medical and professional organizations told lawmakers recently.
More Government & Medicine News
- 06/04/2020 — Academy Urges Congress to Extend Medicaid Payment Increase
- 06/03/2020 — Fix Disparities, Payment to Improve Maternal Health, AAFP Advises
- 06/01/2020 — AAFP Endorses Bill Addressing COVID-19 Health Disparities
- 05/28/2020 — Family Medicine Advocacy Summit Powers Up Remotely
- 05/22/2020 — AAFP, Others Warn Azar of Imminent Primary Care Closures
- 05/21/2020 — AAFP to Congress: Restart Advance Payments Before It's Too Late
- 05/18/2020 — Academy Lauds Bills Recognizing Vital Need for IMGs
- 05/14/2020 — ACOs, Value-based Care Hang in COVID-19 Balance, AAFP Warns
- 05/11/2020 — AAFP Gives Administration Formula for Saving Primary Care
- 05/07/2020 — AAFP Delivers Pointed Congressional Briefing on COVID-19