December 22, 2017 12:37 pm — Legislators must work on stabilizing and improving the health care system when they return to Washington, the AAFP and other medical organizations said.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
12/16/2017 — Restricting precise communication for political purposes will make it more difficult to protect the public health, the AAFP warned the administration.
12/12/2017 — Physician organizations warned Congress that tax legislation being considered could reduce access to care and increase costs for patients and medical students.
12/07/2017 — A law that passed with bipartisan support requires the Veterans Health Administration to use prescription drug monitoring programs as a tool to combat opioid misuse.
12/04/2017 — The AAFP recently outlined its major priorities for improving public health in a detailed statement to the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee.
More Government & Medicine News
- 12/01/2017 — Don't Sacrifice Health Care to Tax Cuts, AAFP Warns Congress
- 11/30/2017 — AAFP Renews Fight for Women's Preventive Health Coverage
- 11/29/2017 — New CMS Initiatives Tackle Two AAFP Hot Button Issues
- 11/29/2017 — CMS Health Benefits Proposal Raises Red Flags for AAFP
- 11/22/2017 — AAFP Gives CMS Pointed Advice About New Payment Models
- 11/20/2017 — AAFP Summarizes 2018 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule
- 11/20/2017 — CMS Resources Help Practices, Patients Transition to New Cards
- 11/07/2017 — State Actions Could Solve Prior Authorization Dilemma
- 11/06/2017 — VA Proposed Rule Looks to Expand Telehealth Services
- 11/02/2017 — Congress Must Fund Prevention Campaigns, Say Panelists