December 04, 2019 01:52 pm — In letters to lawmakers, the AAFP expressed support for three House bills that would address the nation's maternal mortality crisis with complementary strategies.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
12/03/2019 — In two recent letters, the Academy advised CMS to protect the integrity of health care programs by reducing physicians' administrative burden and financial risk.
11/22/2019 — AAFP President Gary LeRoy, M.D., joined a coalition of physician and health groups at the White House on Nov. 22 to call on President Trump to finalize a promised ban on nontobacco-flavored e-cigarette products.
11/13/2019 — The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute needs renewed funding so it can keep studying issues that family physicians face every day, the AAFP told senators.
11/12/2019 — The 2020 Medicare physician fee schedule final rule includes higher payment for family physicians in 2021 that the AAFP has been pressing CMS to implement.
More Government & Medicine News
- 11/11/2019 — Academy Applauds Primary Care Patient Protection Act
- 11/05/2019 — AAFP Joins Support for Bill to Protect Pregnant Workers
- 10/30/2019 — Patient Privacy Crucial in SUD Fight, Academy Tells HHS
- 10/29/2019 — AAFP to Feds on Vaccines: End EHR Costs, Fight Hesitancy
- 10/28/2019 — AAFP, Other Groups Laud Promising Rural ACO Improvement Act
- 10/23/2019 — AAFP Adds Voice to Lawsuit Calling for DACA Preservation
- 10/21/2019 — AAFP to CMS: To Shrink Opioid Crisis, Grow Primary Care
- 10/17/2019 — End Surprise Medical Billing, AAFP Tells Lawmakers
- 10/14/2019 — AAFP Pushes Against Executive Order on Equivalent Payment
- 10/14/2019 — Primary Care Exception Needs Expansion, AAFP Tells CMS