November 14, 2018 11:25 am — Five major physician organizations, including the AAFP, said two final rules that allow exemptions from contraceptive services coverage will have "damaging effects on public health."Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
11/13/2018 — A roundtable at the AAFP's 2018 State Legislative Conference offered an overview of how some chapters are meeting -- and overcoming -- legislative challenges.
11/09/2018 — The AAFP has created a summary of the 2019 final Medicare physician fee schedule that highlights the elements that will most affect family physicians' practices in the coming year and beyond.
11/07/2018 — In a recent letter to the Environmental Protection Agency, the AAFP called for the preservation of current emission, efficiency and technology standards.
11/06/2018 — CMS' 2019 Medicare physician fee schedule final rule incorporates several key recommendations the Academy provided earlier this year in its comments to the agency.
More Government & Medicine News
- 11/06/2018 — AAFP to HHS: Let Physicians Transform Their Practices
- 10/31/2018 — Advocacy Awards Spotlight Chapter Statehouse Wins
- 10/31/2018 — AAFP Urges Modifications to CMS' Proposed ACO Rule
- 10/30/2018 — AAFP Nudges ONC Toward EHR Interoperability
- 10/23/2018 — Medical Society Consortium Reacts to Climate Report, EPA Proposal
- 10/17/2018 — AAFP to CMS: Ease Repayment Pressure on CPC+ Practices
- 09/26/2018 — AAFP Supports CMS Move Toward Equitable Payment Rules
- 09/24/2018 — AAFP Joins Opposition to Sweeping 'Public Charge' Change
- 09/24/2018 — New Federal Rule Recognizes FP Role in Treating Diabetes
- 09/14/2018 — Keep Cancer-fighting Tax on Tanning, Groups Tell Congress