January 15, 2019 04:21 pm — The Academy and five fellow medical organizations object to a proposed rule that would require health insurance exchange plans that cover certain women's health services to send separate bills.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
01/09/2019 — In a recent letter to CMS, the AAFP made recommendations on ways the agency can change portions of the 2019 Medicare physician fee schedule to better support family physicians.
01/08/2019 — The AAFP recently told the FDA in no uncertain terms that electronic nicotine delivery systems are not an evidence-based method for youth nicotine cessation.
01/07/2019 — The AAFP recently responded to CMS' request for comments on a Medicare Advantage plan proposed rule for 2020 that deals with telemedicine.
01/04/2019 — New guidance on insurance waivers is likely to drive states toward incomplete or less affordable coverage, the AAFP warned HHS and the Treasury Department.
More Government & Medicine News
- 01/02/2019 — Ready to Get Involved and Improve Primary Care? Start Here
- 12/19/2018 — AAFP Voices Support for CMS Drug Transparency Proposal
- 12/18/2018 — AAFP Opposes ACA Ruling, Sees 'Profoundly Negative' Impact
- 12/18/2018 — Final Farm Bill Addresses AAFP's Concerns
- 12/10/2018 — AAFP Offers Senate Suggestions for Improved Primary Care
- 12/06/2018 — Academy Objects to Harmful 'Public Charge' Rule Change
- 12/04/2018 — Close Tobacco-friendly Loopholes in Trade Deal, Groups Urge
- 11/20/2018 — Pennsylvania Moves to Cut Administrative Burden on MAT
- 11/20/2018 — AAFP Lends Expertise on Social Determinants to Inform HHS
- 11/19/2018 — AAFP Applauds FDA Move on E-cigarette Flavors, Menthol