August 04, 2017 01:21 pm Washington, D.C. — Funding for the National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program will expire Sept. 30 without legislative action, and the AAFP is helping members speak out.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
07/21/2017 — The AAFP has created an executive summary of CMS' proposed 2018 Medicare physician fee schedule that focuses on the topics of greatest relevance to family medicine.
07/21/2017 — In a recent letter to CMS, the AAFP tackled questions regarding how to reduce burdens on consumers in individual and small-group insurance markets.
07/18/2017 — The AAFP is asking federal legislators to work together across the aisle to prioritize primary care, expand health care access and stabilize the health insurance market.
07/17/2017 — CMS has released proposed 2018 updates to the Medicare physician fee schedule and invited public comment on ways to reduce the administrative burden that physicians face.
More Government & Medicine News
- 07/14/2017 — Broad Physician Coalition Pushes Senate for Better Health Legislation
- 07/12/2017 — AAFP Urges FDA to Revise Plans for Physician Opioid Education
- 07/11/2017 — MedPAC Recommends Simplifying MIPS Reporting
- 07/03/2017 — AAFP, Other Physician Groups Press Senators to Rework Health Care Bill
- 06/27/2017 — AAFP Joins House Members to Spark Burnout Awareness
- 06/20/2017 — Engage With Your Senators on Health Care Legislation
- 06/16/2017 — AAFP Pushes for Revisions, Easing of Regulatory Burden
- 06/12/2017 — CBO Projects Rising Demand for Primary Care Physicians
- 06/01/2017 — AAFP Pleased With CMS Progress on Medicare ID Card Initiative
- 05/30/2017 — Family Physicians Make Their Case in Capitol Hill Visits