January 17, 2018 01:48 pm — The AAFP is keeping pressure on Congress to quickly reauthorize long-term funding for the Children's Health Insurance Program and three other vital health programs.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
01/17/2018 — The AAFP recently gave CMS detailed suggestions on how the agency could improve a proposed rule covering the Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Benefit programs.
12/22/2017 — Legislators must work on stabilizing and improving the health care system when they return to Washington, the AAFP and other medical organizations said.
12/16/2017 — Restricting precise communication for political purposes will make it more difficult to protect the public health, the AAFP warned the administration.
12/12/2017 — Physician organizations warned Congress that tax legislation being considered could reduce access to care and increase costs for patients and medical students.
More Government & Medicine News
- 12/07/2017 — New Law Requires VA to Participate in State PDMPs
- 12/04/2017 — AAFP to Senate Committee: Primary Care Key to Public Health
- 12/01/2017 — Don't Sacrifice Health Care to Tax Cuts, AAFP Warns Congress
- 11/30/2017 — AAFP Renews Fight for Women's Preventive Health Coverage
- 11/29/2017 — New CMS Initiatives Tackle Two AAFP Hot Button Issues
- 11/29/2017 — CMS Health Benefits Proposal Raises Red Flags for AAFP
- 11/22/2017 — AAFP Gives CMS Pointed Advice About New Payment Models
- 11/20/2017 — AAFP Summarizes 2018 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule
- 11/20/2017 — CMS Resources Help Practices, Patients Transition to New Cards
- 11/07/2017 — State Actions Could Solve Prior Authorization Dilemma