June 20, 2017 04:00 pm — As senators work to fashion a health care bill to replace the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), AAFP members can join a Speak Out campaign to preserve coverage gains made under the ACA.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
06/16/2017 — The AAFP's response to CMS' 2018 inpatient payment proposal covered a variety of topics important to family physicians.
06/12/2017 — A report from the Congressional Budget Office says legislators should consider ways to increase the number of primary care physicians to meet growing demand.
06/01/2017 — CMS recently announced that it is on schedule to remove Social Security numbers from Medicare beneficiary ID cards by April 2019.
05/30/2017 — Family physicians visited with numerous members of Congress during a full day of advocacy as part of the 2017 Family Medicine Advocacy Summit.
More Government & Medicine News
- 05/30/2017 — AAFP Highlights Flaws in Proposed Budget, Health Care Bill
- 05/25/2017 — Analysts Urge Family Physicians to Speak Up on Health Legislation
- 05/15/2017 — Hit the Brakes on AHCA, AAFP and Other Groups Tell Senators
- 05/04/2017 — After House Vote on AHCA, AAFP Turns to Senate for Fix
- 04/28/2017 — AAFP, Coalition Warn Congress of Flaws in AHCA Compromises
- 04/14/2017 — AAFP, Other Groups Push to Maintain Funding for Affordable Insurance
- 04/04/2017 — AAFP Lauds VA Stance on Sharing HIV, Sickle Cell Test Results
- 04/03/2017 — AAFP, AMA Lead Call for Rollback of Outdated Program Penalties
- 03/24/2017 — Need Help Implementing Chronic Care Management Services?
- 03/22/2017 — Shortcomings in AHCA Demand 'No' Vote, AAFP Tells Legislators