April 14, 2017 02:34 pm — A coalition of organizations that includes the AAFP is pressing Congress and the White House to maintain federal funding that enables millions of Americans to obtain affordable health insurance.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
04/04/2017 — The Department of Veterans Affairs has issued a new final rule that simplifies the sharing of negative test results for HIV and sickle cell anemia among health care professionals.
04/03/2017 — The AAFP signed on to a letter with nearly 90 other organizations asking CMS for relief from penalties related to programs enacted prior to passage of the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act.
03/24/2017 — A new initiative from CMS and the Health Resources and Services Administration aims to raise awareness of the benefits chronic care management services offer patients and help physicians implement these services in their practices.
03/22/2017 — The AAFP is urging lawmakers to vote "No" on the American Health Care Act because it falls far short of what is needed to improve the health care system.
More Government & Medicine News
- 03/20/2017 — AAFP Urges Rejection of Draft Budget That Hurts Health Care System
- 03/17/2017 — Speak Out Boosts FPs' Voices on American Health Care Act
- 03/15/2017 — AAFP Warns Congress About Flaws in Proposed ACA Replacement
- 03/08/2017 — AAFP Expresses Significant Concerns With Health Care Proposal
- 02/28/2017 — Proposed Commission on Complex Diseases Wins AAFP Support
- 02/22/2017 — Federal Appeals Court Strikes Down Physician Gag Law
- 02/21/2017 — AAFP Urges HHS Secretary to Hold Health IT Vendors Accountable
- 02/14/2017 — Panel Examines What Works, What Doesn't in ACA Marketplaces
- 02/13/2017 — AAFP Joins Other Groups in Touting Vaccines' Safety, Efficacy
- 02/08/2017 — AAFP Calls on Trump to Reduce FPs' Regulatory Burden