September 14, 2018 04:53 pm — The AAFP is asking the House of Representatives to preserve a tax on indoor tanning -- and calling on Academy members to add their voices in support.Full Story »
Government & Medicine
Recent Government & Medicine Stories
09/06/2018 — The AAFP sent a 92-page letter to CMS with recommendations on how to improve the proposed 2019 Medicare physician fee schedule so it better supports family medicine.
09/05/2018 — The AAFP told CMS in a recent letter how the agency could change self-referral rules that unduly burden physicians who adopt innovative payment models.
08/27/2018 — Teens use social media heavily -- and so do tobacco companies that want to reach U.S. kids, says a petition that the AAFP joined to ask the Federal Trade Commission to take action.
More Government & Medicine News
- 08/13/2018 — AAFP's Opioid Survey Seeks Powerful Firsthand Testimony
- 08/09/2018 — AAFP, Other Groups Demand HHS Stop Stalling on Regulations
- 07/30/2018 — Title X Change Would Threaten Evidence-based Care, AAFP Warns
- 07/26/2018 — AAFP Joins Push for Tough FDA Stance on Black Market Tobacco
- 07/24/2018 — AAFP Issues Summary of Proposed 2019 Medicare Fee Schedule
- 07/24/2018 — AAFP Calls for Wide-ranging Approach to Lowering Drug Prices
- 07/13/2018 — CMS Releases Planned Changes for 2019 Medicare Payments
- 07/12/2018 — Physician Groups Urge CMS to Rethink Risk Payment Suspension
- 07/03/2018 — AAFP Urges Quick Reunification of Families Separated at Border
- 07/03/2018 — MMWR Report: Fewer Youth Say They Use Tobacco Products