January 16, 2017 11:07 am — On Jan. 10, the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force published its final recommendation statement and evidence summary on folic acid supplementation to prevent neural tube defects.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
01/11/2017 — New evidence-based recommendations call for introducing certain infants at risk for developing peanut allergy to dietary peanut as early as age 4 months.
01/09/2017 — On Jan. 3, the American Academy of Otolaryngology--Head and Neck Surgery Foundation published its updated clinical practice guideline on the diagnosis and treatment of cerumen impaction.
01/05/2017 — On Jan. 3, the American College of Physicians released updated recommendations on oral pharmacologic treatment of type 2 diabetes, which the AAFP has endorsed.
12/21/2016 — On Dec. 20, the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force published a final statement recommending against screening asymptomatic adults and adolescents for genital herpes simplex virus infection using serology.
More Health of the Public News
- 12/16/2016 — CDC: Use of Syringe Services Programs Up, but HIV Still a Threat
- 12/14/2016 — FDA Puts Tobacco Marketers on Notice for Product Violations
- 12/12/2016 — AAFP, Others Applaud Surgeon General's Report on E-Cigarettes
- 12/09/2016 — Study: Discussing Opioid Risks May Reduce Likelihood of Misuse, Abuse
- 12/05/2016 — AAFP, Conversation Project Partner to Aid End-of-Life Care Conversations
- 12/02/2016 — Tailor CVD Prevention Counseling Decisions for Low-, Average-risk Adults
- 11/30/2016 — Texas Announces Possible Local Mosquito-transmitted Zika Case
- 11/28/2016 — USPSTF: Don't Screen Asymptomatic Adults for Thyroid Cancer
- 11/22/2016 — Surgeon General Issues Landmark Report on Alcohol, Drugs
- 11/21/2016 — Take 5 Challenge Tasks Physicians With Focusing on Obesity