May 23, 2018 01:10 pm — On May 22, the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force posted a draft recommendation statement and draft evidence review on primary care interventions to prevent child maltreatment.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
05/21/2018 — A new meta-analysis published in the Journal of Pain has found that acupuncture is effective for the treatment of chronic pain, which may have implications for the way family physicians treat patients with this condition.
05/18/2018 — A physician who treated some of the recent cases of severe bleeding linked to contaminated synthetic cannabinoids says the outbreak highlighted the advantages of taking a family medicine approach to a public health crisis.
05/16/2018 — With the June 4 deadline to apply for the 2018-2019 AAFP Vaccine Science Fellowship fast approaching, last year's fellows recently took the opportunity to describe their experience with the program.
05/11/2018 — The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force posted its new final recommendation statement and three final evidence reviews on screening for prostate cancer.
More Health of the Public News
- 05/09/2018 — CDC Examines California Rotavirus Outbreaks in Post-vaccine Era
- 05/08/2018 — Illnesses From Mosquito, Tick and Flea Bites Triple
- 05/04/2018 — Screen All Women of Reproductive Age for Domestic Violence
- 04/25/2018 — Study Finds 22 Percent Decrease in Opioid Prescriptions
- 04/20/2018 — EvidenceNOW: Advancing Heart Health in Primary Care
- 04/18/2018 — USPSTF Issues Final Guidance on Preventing Falls, Fractures
- 04/17/2018 — AAFP Responds to FDA Nicotine Steering Committee
- 04/16/2018 — Health Groups Sue FDA Over Deeming Rule Implementation Delay
- 04/11/2018 — GSK to Compensate for Merck's Pediatric HepB Vaccine Shortage
- 04/10/2018 — CDC Strategy Effective Against Antibiotic-resistant Bacteria