Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
01/11/2018 — The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force issued a final recommendation statement on Jan. 9, saying that evidence is insufficient to recommend screening patients ages 10-18 for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.
01/09/2018 — The AAFP, as part of its EveryONE Project, has launched an initial screening toolkit to help physicians identify and respond to social determinants of health that affect their patients.
01/08/2018 — The FDA has proposed new draft guidance for a risk-based enforcement approach to regulating drug products labeled as homeopathic. The agency plans to prioritize enforcement and regulatory actions for unapproved homeopathic drug products that have the greatest potential risk for consumers.
12/22/2017 — The FDA finalized a rule Dec. 20 that said triclosan and 23 other active ingredients aren't safe and effective for use in OTC antiseptic products.
More Health of the Public News
- 12/20/2017 — USPSTF Examines ECG Screening to Prevent CVD Events, AFib
- 12/15/2017 — Don't Use HRT for Chronic Conditions in Postmenopausal Women
- 12/13/2017 — CDC: 2017-18 Flu Season in U.S. Dominated by H3N2 Viruses
- 12/12/2017 — AAFP Decides to Not Endorse AHA/ACC Hypertension Guideline
- 12/12/2017 — AAFP Tells FDA to Stay Vigilant on Public Health Issues
- 12/06/2017 — CDC MMWR: HIV Being Diagnosed Sooner After Infection
- 12/05/2017 — NIH Study: Most Homes Have High Levels of Allergens
- 12/04/2017 — Naloxone Safely Reverses Opioid Overdoses in the Field
- 11/29/2017 — ACP, CDC Issue Guidance on Hep B Screening, Treatment
- 11/28/2017 — AAFP Joins Call for Fully Funded Immunization Program