March 23, 2017 04:30 pm — NIH's Office of Dietary Supplements has created a new webpage for health care professionals that features up-to-date, evidence-based information on supplements they can use during discussions with patients, colleagues and students.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
03/22/2017 — A study recently published in Annals of Family Medicine found automated office blood pressure monitoring for 30 minutes may dramatically reduce overtreatment of patients with white-coat hypertension.
03/20/2017 — A new advocacy group that includes the AAFP and other primary care organizations has pledged to counter the growing public health threats of climate change.
03/16/2017 — The AAFP has created and released three online videos to help family physicians educate their adult patients on the benefits of being vaccinated against three common ailments.
03/15/2017 — On March 7, the CDC released a Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report and an accompanying Vital Signs report that address the growing prevalence of arthritis in the general population and resulting activity limitations.
More Health of the Public News
- 03/14/2017 — AAFP Vaccine Science Fellows Enjoy Busy, Eye-opening Year
- 03/08/2017 — Evidence Lacking on Routine Gynecologic Screening Pelvic Exams
- 03/07/2017 — ACS: Colorectal Cancer Rates Jump Among Younger Adults
- 03/01/2017 — Screen Vision in Children Ages 3-5; Evidence Lacking for Younger Kids
- 02/28/2017 — ACIP Offers Revised, Single-dose HepB Infant Revaccination Option
- 02/23/2017 — AAFP to House: Don't Exempt Cigars From FDA Oversight
- 02/21/2017 — CDC: 2016-2017 Flu Vaccine Nearly 50 Percent Effective
- 02/17/2017 — AAFP, Other Groups to Congress: Continue to Fund Fight Against Zika
- 02/14/2017 — ACP: Try Nondrug Therapies First for Nonradicular Low Back Pain
- 02/10/2017 — Family Physicians Can Help Patients Limit Hearing Loss