September 18, 2019 12:49 pm — Family physicians are ideally positioned to educate patients about the dangers of sexually transmitted infections, screen for these infections and provide appropriate care. New AAFP resources on STIs aim to help them do just that.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
09/13/2019 — On Sept. 3, the CDC released a suite of communication tools and resources to support efforts to prevent the spread of HIV infection and help keep those infected with HIV healthy.
09/12/2019 — U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams, M.D., M.P.H., recently issued an advisory on the health risks associated with marijuana use in adolescents and pregnant women, warning that no amount of the drug has been deemed safe.
09/11/2019 — On Sept. 6, CDC officials hosted a telebriefing to provide an update on the agency's investigation into more than 450 cases of serious lung illness possibly associated with use of e-cigarette products.
09/10/2019 — New research indicates that many patients who experience an imminent threat such as suicidality, abuse or sexual assault routinely withhold this information from their clinicians.
More Health of the Public News
- 09/09/2019 — Offer to Prescribe Medication to Cut Breast Cancer Risk
- 09/04/2019 — USPSTF: Screen Adults 18-79 for Hepatitis C Infection
- 09/04/2019 — Study: Preterm Infants Less Likely to Be Fully Vaccinated
- 08/29/2019 — CDC Underscores Need to Boost HPV Vaccination Coverage
- 08/27/2019 — USPSTF Recommends Screening Adults for Illicit Drug Use
- 08/27/2019 — CDC: Report Possible Vaping-associated Pulmonary Illness
- 08/26/2019 — Screen At-risk Women for BRCA-related Cancer
- 08/16/2019 — New Research Examines FPs' Prediabetes Knowledge, Practices
- 08/13/2019 — CDC Launches #HowIRecommend Vaccination Video Series
- 08/07/2019 — USPSTF: Don't Routinely Screen Adults for Pancreatic Cancer