December 05, 2016 04:15 pm — The AAFP has partnered with The Conversation Project to offer family physicians and their patients a wide range of resources to better prepare them for critical discussions about end-of-life care.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
12/02/2016 — A draft U.S. Preventive Services Task Force statement recommends that physicians consider offering or referring adults at low or average cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk to counseling to promote a healthy diet and physical activity to prevent CVD.
11/30/2016 — On Nov. 28, the Texas Department of State Health Services and Cameron County Department of Health and Human Services announced the state's first case of lab-confirmed Zika virus thought to have been transmitted locally by mosquito.
11/28/2016 — After reviewing studies on the benefits and harms of screening and treatment for thyroid cancer, a newly released U.S. Preventive Services Task Force draft statement recommends against screening asymptomatic adults for the disease.
11/22/2016 — U.S. Surgeon General Vivek Murthy, M.D., M.B.A., recently released the office's first report examining substance misuse and related disorders.
More Health of the Public News
- 11/21/2016 — Take 5 Challenge Tasks Physicians With Focusing on Obesity
- 11/16/2016 — Statins Recommended for Adults With Heightened CVD Risk
- 11/15/2016 — Drug-resistant Candida auris Reported in United States
- 11/08/2016 — USPSTF: Screen Children, Adolescents for Obesity
- 11/02/2016 — USPSTF: Interventions Boost Breastfeeding Initiation, Duration
- 11/02/2016 — Speakers Tout Population Health, Primary Care Integration Success
- 11/02/2016 — AAFP Supports FDA's Voluntary Sodium Reduction Goals
- 10/26/2016 — ACIP Recommends Two-dose Regimen for HPV Vaccine
- 10/26/2016 — National STD Prevalence Hits All-time High -- Again
- 10/19/2016 — Study: Screening Mammography Likely Leads to Overdiagnosis