September 24, 2018 10:55 am — Using e-cigarettes every day almost doubles the risk for myocardial infarction, according to a study recently published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine. For those who use e-cigarettes and conventional cigarettes concurrently, the risk is fivefold.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
09/21/2018 — The American Academy of Pediatrics has published an updated policy statement that includes revised recommendations on car safety seat use and related practices.
09/19/2018 — Noting "an epidemic proportion of growth" in the use of e-cigarettes among teenagers, the FDA gave major manufacturers a deadline to say how they will fight the trend.
09/19/2018 — The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force's latest draft recommendation statement recommends applying prophylactic ocular topical medication for all newborns.
09/14/2018 — As a member of the Coalition to Improve Diagnosis, the AAFP is supporting the ACT for Better Diagnosis initiative, which aims to improve the diagnostic process by calling on organizations to identify and spread practical steps to better ensure diagnoses are accurate, communicated and timely.
More Health of the Public News
- 09/12/2018 — Screen All Pregnant Women Early for Syphilis, Says USPSTF
- 09/12/2018 — Intensive Blood Pressure Control: Too Close for Comfort?
- 09/12/2018 — AAFP Looking for 2018-19 Health Equity Fellows
- 09/11/2018 — AAFP Releases Updated Disaster Preparedness Resources
- 09/06/2018 — CDC Releases Guidance for 2018-19 Influenza Season
- 09/05/2018 — NDEP Updates Guiding Principles for Diabetes Care
- 08/31/2018 — Study: Obesity at Young Age Increases Cancer Risk Later
- 08/31/2018 — Counseling Helps Prevent Perinatal Depression in High-risk Women
- 08/29/2018 — CDC: 2017 HPV Vaccination Rate Up 5.2 Points Over 2016
- 08/27/2018 — Women's Health Council Asks for FP Survey Participants