March 22, 2018 03:04 pm — The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force posted a final recommendation statement and evidence review on March 20 that address behavioral counseling to prevent skin cancer.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
03/21/2018 — The FDA announced on March 15 that it was issuing an advance notice of proposed rulemaking to explore reducing nicotine in cigarettes to "minimally or nonaddictive levels."
03/19/2018 — The Up and Away and Out of Sight campaign and other groups are reminding physicians and patients about safely storing medications to protect children from accidental exposures.
03/14/2018 — The AAFP is joining other medical professional organizations to support the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids' Kick Butts Day on March 21 with a wide range of resources, including social media messages.
03/13/2018 — The American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery recently published an updated clinical practice guideline on dysphonia; the AAFP has given the guideline its affirmation of value designation.
More Health of the Public News
- 03/09/2018 — Emergency Departments See Opioid Overdoses Skyrocket
- 03/09/2018 — ACP Calls for Moderate Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes
- 03/06/2018 — Despite Known Dangers, Women Still Smoke During Pregnancy
- 03/01/2018 — FDA: Clarithromycin Risky for Patients With Heart Disease
- 02/26/2018 — ACIP: LAIV OK to Use During 2018-19 Flu Season
- 02/23/2018 — FDA Approves Blood Test to Aid Concussion Evaluation
- 02/21/2018 — Intensive Behavioral Interventions Recommended for Obesity
- 02/19/2018 — Nearly One in 12 U.S. Adults Reports Having Depression
- 02/16/2018 — Physician Groups Demand Action Now on Gun Violence
- 02/14/2018 — Don't Screen Average-risk Women for Ovarian Cancer