January 16, 2020 04:01 pm — The CDC recently released a Health Alert Network advisory to notify physicians that influenza activity nationally remains high, primarily due to heightened circulation of influenza B/Victoria viruses.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
01/15/2020 — A review of military health records has found that veterans who received nonpharmacologic therapies to manage chronic pain are less likely than those who did not to experience long-term adverse outcomes.
01/13/2020 — The AAFP has endorsed the American College of Physicians' clinical practice guideline on treating adult men with age-related low testosterone, which recommends initiating testosterone treatment only for those experiencing sexual dysfunction.
01/09/2020 — Research suggests that as the number of prescriptions written for opioids has dropped, there has been a corresponding rise in the use of nonopioid medications such as gabapentin and baclofen to treat certain types of pain.
12/20/2019 — Results of a survey commissioned by the AAFP show that young people who vape are aware of an outbreak of vaping-related illnesses and deaths, but many still don't understand the risks.
More Health of the Public News
- 12/18/2019 — USPSTF: Offer Behavioral Counseling to Prevent STIs
- 12/17/2019 — CDC Proposes Expanding Its HCV Testing Recommendations
- 12/11/2019 — CDC: Time to Ramp Up HIV Testing, Treatment, Prevention
- 12/11/2019 — USPSTF Recommends Screening Older Men Who Smoked for AAA
- 12/06/2019 — Discussing Medications for Patients With Cognitive Impairment
- 12/04/2019 — NY Physicians, Health Officials Create EVALI Assessment Tool
- 12/02/2019 — Study: FM Residents Tops in Correctly Prescribing Antimicrobials
- 11/27/2019 — Unhealthy Habits Start at Young Age With Added Sugars
- 11/26/2019 — CDC Reports Mixed Progress Fighting Antibiotic Resistance
- 11/20/2019 — Cigarette Smoking Among U.S. Adults Hits All-time Low