July 08, 2020 04:28 pm — Thanks to a grant from the AAFP Foundation, the Academy's Center for Diversity and Health Equity has awarded grants to 12 chapters to create implicit bias training events for members.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
07/01/2020 — The CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices met virtually June 24 to discuss topics related to the COVID-19 pandemic and issues pertaining to vaccines for influenza and meningococcal disease.
06/30/2020 — The CDC has issued new interim guidance for family physicians and other clinicians on providing immunization services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
06/25/2020 — New research suggests a link between increased influenza vaccine uptake and reduced antibiotic prescription rates, while a second study examines primary care physicians' attitudes about antibiotic stewardship.
06/22/2020 — The CDC on June 18 issued a health advisory notifying physicians about recent case reports of patients with meningococcal disease that is resistant to both penicillin and ciprofloxacin.
More Health of the Public News
- 06/22/2020 — Study Examines Community-based Lung Cancer Screening
- 06/16/2020 — Screen Adults for Unhealthy Drug Use, Says Task Force
- 06/11/2020 — WPSI Mulls Recommending Obesity Prevention in Midlife Women
- 06/10/2020 — USPSTF: Ask About Tobacco, Offer Advice, Provide Options
- 06/09/2020 — AAFP, Other Groups Issue Diabetes Self-management Report
- 06/04/2020 — USPSTF: Studies Needed on Counseling Youth About Illicit Drugs
- 06/01/2020 — FDA Issues Recall Alert for Metformin ER Products
- 05/20/2020 — Offer Behavioral Counseling to Prevent CVD in at-Risk Adults
- 05/12/2020 — USPSTF: Screen for HBV Infection in People at Increased Risk
- 05/08/2020 — MMWR: COVID-19 Has Provoked Drop in Childhood Immunizations