May 22, 2017 04:15 pm — The FDA has called for a new boxed warning to be added to canagliflozin product labels based on a heightened risk for leg and foot amputations associated with use of the drug.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
05/19/2017 — The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force posted a draft recommendation statement against the use of combined estrogen and progestin therapy to prevent chronic conditions in postmenopausal women.
05/17/2017 — The CDC recently released a pair of Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report articles that address hepatitis C virus infections in the United States, which nearly tripled from 2010 to 2015.
05/16/2017 — The FDA has announced that previous concerns about fluoroquinolones boosting the risk for retinal detachment and aortic dissection or aneurysm have not been borne out by patient case data and published studies.
More Health of the Public News
- 05/12/2017 — USPSTF, AAFP: Don't Screen Asymptomatic Adults for Thyroid Cancer
- 05/11/2017 — AAFP Endorses ACP Guideline on Treating Osteoporosis
- 05/09/2017 — Despite Narrowing Gap, Racial Health Disparities Remain
- 04/26/2017 — USPSTF: Screen for Pre-eclampsia Using BP Throughout Pregnancy
- 04/25/2017 — AAFP Recommends Against Pelvic Exams in Asymptomatic Women
- 04/25/2017 — FDA OKs Marketing of 10 DTC Genetic Health Risk Tests
- 04/21/2017 — FDA: No Prescription Codeine, Tramadol for Kids Under 12
- 04/20/2017 — CDC Issues Health Advisory on Shigella
- 04/18/2017 — Maryland FP Leads Efforts to Improve Minority Health
- 04/18/2017 — CDC: HPV Infection Rates Remain High in Both Men, Women