June 12, 2019 02:19 pm — Members of the Practical Playbook initiative have released The Practical Playbook II, a new text that showcases the integration of public health and primary care.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
06/11/2019 — The AAFP has joined with five other medical organizations to update the Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Monograph, which provides guidance to physicians and other clinicians on properly administering the PPE, also known as the sports physical.
06/05/2019 — The AMA Opioid Task Force, to which the AAFP belongs, released recommendations on May 30 that call on policymakers to eliminate barriers to treatment for opioid use disorder.
More Health of the Public News
- 06/04/2019 — Chronic Opioid Prescribing in Primary Care Varies Widely
- 05/29/2019 — AAFP Seeks Applicants for 2019-20 Health Equity Fellowship
- 05/29/2019 — Sharp Rise Seen in Teen Self-Poisoning Suicide Attempts
- 05/22/2019 — CDC Updates TB Recommendations for Health Care Workers
- 05/15/2019 — CDC: Three in Five Pregnancy-related Deaths May Be Preventable
- 05/09/2019 — CDC Warns of Misapplication of Its Opioid Guideline
- 05/08/2019 — AAFP Recruiting for Ask and Act Office Champions Project
- 05/01/2019 — Academy Takes Aim at Maternal Mortality Crisis
- 05/01/2019 — HHS, CDC Address Ongoing Measles Outbreaks
- 04/29/2019 — AAFP Immunization Resources Keep FPs Informed