May 26, 2016 04:45 pm — On May 20, the CDC released a Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report that provided data from newly established Zika virus surveillance systems for the United States and its territories.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
05/25/2016 — A new CDC report shows young children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder are more likely to receive drugs than behavioral therapy for their condition -- despite recommendations to the contrary.
05/23/2016 — To better understand overtreatment of localized prostate cancer (LPC), a study in Annals of Family Medicine examined survival expectations of patients who had LPC with and without their chosen treatment.
05/20/2016 — The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force is recommending that women of childbearing age take a daily supplement containing 400 to 800 µg of folic acid to prevent neural tube defects.
05/18/2016 — On May 24, the AAFP will host a members-only webinar on Zika virus disease that will review epidemiology, transmission patterns, clinical manifestations, complications and reporting.
More Health of the Public News
- 05/16/2016 — Physicians Are on Front Line to Aid Domestic Violence Victims
- 05/16/2016 — AAFP Immunization Resources Aim to Keep FPs Up to Speed
- 05/12/2016 — Free Webinar Addresses Flu Vaccination for Older Adults
- 05/06/2016 — FPs, Patients Score Big Win as FDA Finalizes Tobacco Rule
- 05/05/2016 — USPSTF: Evidence Lacking to Support Screening for Celiac Disease
- 05/04/2016 — Winners of 2016 Tar Wars FMIG Challenge Spark Enthusiasm
- 04/29/2016 — USPSTF: Evidence Shows Interventions Encourage Breastfeeding
- 04/27/2016 — AAFP Gives CDC's Opioid Guideline 'Affirmation of Value'
- 04/26/2016 — Vaccine Science Fellows Offer FAQ on Meningococcal B Vaccines
- 04/20/2016 — CDC Finds Causal Relationship Between Zika Virus, Birth Defects