July 20, 2018 08:49 am — The AAFP has issued an updated clinical preventive service recommendation on prostate-specific antigen-based screening that differs from that of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force in its level of specificity.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
07/18/2018 — Family physicians and other participants at the AAFP's Adolescent Immunization Best Practices Summit held July 14-15 shared stories of specific changes that helped practices improve immunization rates for adolescents ages 11-18.
07/17/2018 — An Annals of Family Medicine study sought to determine why many physicians continue to recommend self-monitoring of blood glucose for some diabetic patients despite its cost and a lack of evidence that it is effective in improving patient outcomes.
07/13/2018 — A study published in the July/August issue of Annals of Family Medicine found that partners of patients who have been recently diagnosed with diabetes are more likely to improve their health behaviors than are partners of patients without the disease.
More Health of the Public News
- 07/11/2018 — Insufficient Evidence on CVD-related Screening, Risk Assessment
- 07/10/2018 — Authors See Crucial Role for Primary Care in Opioid Epidemic
- 07/06/2018 — CDC Updates Latent TB Infection Treatment Recommendations
- 07/03/2018 — AAFP Hosts Webinar on Teen, Young Adult Preventive Care
- 07/03/2018 — AAFP Working to Improve Community Health Outcomes
- 07/02/2018 — Screen Women 65 and Older for Osteoporosis, Says USPSTF
- 06/27/2018 — ACIP Reaffirms LAIV Recommendation for 2018-19 Flu Season
- 06/22/2018 — CDC Says Obesity Higher in Rural Versus Urban Counties
- 06/20/2018 — Study Finds Disturbing Trends in Vaccination Exemptions
- 06/19/2018 — Family Physicians Needed to Serve on Opioid Expert Teams