September 28, 2016 03:45 pm — The AAFP has signed on to a Sept. 20 letter to HHS Secretary Sylvia Burwell that supports the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act's birth control coverage requirement.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
09/20/2016 — Recently published research has validated five promising strategies clinicians can use to support patient self-management.
09/08/2016 — In its final recommendation statement, the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommended screening for latent tuberculosis infection in asymptomatic adults at increased risk.
09/07/2016 — The FDA is requiring class-wide changes to opioid medication and benzodiazepine drug labels warning of the hazards of combined use of the two types of drugs.
More Health of the Public News
- 09/07/2016 — AAFP Calls for 'All-Hands-on-Deck' Effort to End Opioid Crisis
- 09/07/2016 — New Research Program Targets Health Disparity, Chronic Disease
- 08/31/2016 — AAFP Releases Updated CRC Screening Recommendations
- 08/30/2016 — CDC Report Calls for Sepsis Education, Prevention
- 08/26/2016 — AAFP Offers Members Updated Opioid, Pain Management Resource
- 08/24/2016 — Study Finds LAIV, IIV Offer Comparable Community Protection
- 08/19/2016 — As Zika Spreads, Evidence of Link to Birth Defects Grows
- 08/17/2016 — USPSTF: Evidence Doesn't Support Screening for Genital Herpes
- 08/10/2016 — AAFP, CDC Field New Tools to Augment Response to Zika Threat
- 08/09/2016 — AAFP Supports Turn the Tide Rx Campaign to End Opioid Abuse