June 29, 2016 04:34 pm — The CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices recently voted to recommend use of the quadrivalent meningococcal conjugate vaccine for HIV-infected patients.Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
06/29/2016 — New resources from the AAFP are available to help family physicians and their patients better understand the differences -- and the similarities -- between chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma.
06/27/2016 — The CDC and FDA have joined forces with various state and local health departments and health care facilities to investigate a multistate outbreak of Burkholderia cepacia infections.
06/22/2016 — The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force has issued a final recommendation statement reaffirming that screening for colorectal cancer in adults ages 50-75 reduces mortality.
More Health of the Public News
- 06/20/2016 — USPSTF: More Research Needed on Screening for Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- 06/14/2016 — AAFP Teams With FDA on Pregnancy, Lactation Labeling Rule Video
- 06/13/2016 — Academy Delivers New Opioid Toolkit, CME to Equip Members
- 06/13/2016 — Despite Strides Made, Mental Health Care Needs More Support
- 06/08/2016 — USPSTF, AAFP: Screen At-risk Adults, Teens for Syphilis
- 06/08/2016 — AAN Offers Free Webinar on Zika Virus, Guillain-Barré Syndrome
- 06/07/2016 — Study Highlights Success of Ottawa Model for Smoking Cessation
- 06/03/2016 — What Physicians, Women Need to Know About Ovarian Cancer Screening
- 06/01/2016 — Primary Care, Public Health Need Unity on Population Health
- 06/01/2016 — New CDC Interim Guidance Parses Zika Testing Recommendations