April 27, 2016 11:59 am — The AAFP has reviewed the final version of the CDC's guideline for prescribing opioids for chronic pain and given it a designation of "affirmation of value."Full Story »
Health of the Public
Recent Health of the Public Stories
04/26/2016 — The 2015-2016 AAFP Vaccine Science Fellows created a frequently asked questions resource for family physicians about the two serogroup B meningococcal vaccines.
04/20/2016 — On April 13, the CDC published a special report that found a causal relationship between prenatal Zika virus infection and microcephaly and other serious brain anomalies.
04/20/2016 — The AAFP is pressing CMS to help end restrictions that prevent primary care physicians from exercising their clinical expertise with hepatitis C.
04/13/2016 — On April 12, the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force issued its final recommendation statement on the use of aspirin for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease and colorectal cancer.
More Health of the Public News
- 04/12/2016 — AAFP Presses Congress for Urgent Funding to Fight Zika Virus
- 04/06/2016 — USPSTF, AAFP Recommend Against COPD Screening in Asymptomatic Adults
- 04/06/2016 — White House, HHS Expand Fight Against Opioid, Heroin Abuse
- 03/30/2016 — Sales Decline for Cigarettes, Increase for Smokeless Tobacco
- 03/23/2016 — Study Finds Adopting Healthy Habits Is About More Than Motivation
- 03/22/2016 — USPSTF: Screen Adults at Increased Risk for Latent TB Infection
- 03/21/2016 — AAFP President Spotlights FP Role Against Antibiotic Resistance
- 03/16/2016 — CDC Releases Final Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain
- 03/16/2016 — How Can Physicians Use Data on Social Determinants of Health?
- 03/15/2016 — Protecting Patients From Antibiotic-resistant Bacteria