Journey to the heart of the Sunshine State for this year's AAFP Congress of Delegates (COD), which will meet Sept. 19-21 in the Plaza Ballroom of the Hyatt Regency Orlando in Orlando, Fla. The COD will convene in conjunction with the AAFP Family Medicine Experience (FMX), which is scheduled for Sept. 20-24.
During the COD's reference committee hearings on Sept. 19, AAFP members will be able to share their views on various resolutions to be considered and help shape new AAFP policies. Delegates will vote on those resolutions in subsequent business sessions. Then, on Sept. 21, the delegates will elect AAFP officers and members of the Board of Directors.
Learn more about those candidates (pictured below) via a dedicated Web page where you can access links to each candidate's personal campaign statement, biography, contact information and curriculum vitae. Each candidate's photo links directly to his or her candidate page. Be sure to have your member ID information handy; you'll need it to login.
Further information about this year's COD is available online, including links to
- a tentative schedule of official activities,
- housing and registration information, and
- a listing of resolutions submitted to date.
Among resolution topics to be considered:
- developing a toolkit to help family physicians address social determinants of health with their patients;
- exploring the impact of undervaluation of primary care services, as well as researching and collaborating with other primary care organizations to address this issue;
- developing model state legislation requiring insurers to pay for staff time spent on prior authorizations that exceeds five minutes, in addition to working with other entities as indicated (e.g., AMA, CMS) to secure this payment; and
- investigating the feasibility of pursuing legislation to provide reciprocity of residents' training licenses among state medical boards.
For AAFP President-elect
Yushu Jack Chou, M.D.
Robert Lee, M.D.
Michael Munger, M.D.
For AAFP Speaker
Javette Orgain, M.D., M.P.H.
For AAFP Vice Speaker
Alan Schwartzstein, M.D.
For AAFP Director
Robert Raspa, M.D.
Windel Stracener, M.D.
Leonard Reeves, M.D.
Ada Stewart, M.D., R.Ph.