How would you like to have a hand in easing the reporting process for CMS' Quality Payment Program -- and earn something from CMS in return?
CMS is looking for physicians to participate in its Burdens Associated with Reporting Quality Measures study(www.cms.gov) so the agency can
- examine clinical workflows and data collection methods using different submission systems;
- understand the challenges physicians face when collecting and reporting quality data; and
- have the insider information it needs to make future recommendations aimed at curbing clinician burden, improving quality data collection and reporting, and enhancing patient care.
Physicians and physician groups who are eligible for the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and who participate successfully in the study will receive full credit for the 2018 MIPS improvement activities performance category.
The application window is now open,(surveys.abtassociates.com) but be sure to get this done before it closes on March 23. Applicants will be notified of their status via email in the spring. The time period for the study is April 2018 to March 2019.
CMS invites all MIPS-eligible clinicians who are participating in MIPS as individuals or as part of a group to apply. The study team is not looking for the most MIPS-savvy physicians; rather, the team wants to know more about physicians' experiences participating in the program.
A limited number of physicians who are not MIPS-eligible in 2018 also will be included in the study. Go online now(qpp.cms.gov) to check your MIPS participation status.
Study participants must meet certain requirements to receive the full improvement activity credit; for instance, physicians must
- complete a 2017 MIPS participation survey in April/May 2018,
- fill out a 2018 MIPS planning survey in September/October 2018, and
- meet minimum requirements for the MIPS quality performance category by submitting data for at least three measures.
Data submitted must include one outcome measure, be submitted through any method accepted under MIPS for the 2018 QPP and be submitted by the March 31, 2019, reporting deadline.
In addition, a small number of participants will be invited to join a 90-minute focus group that will be scheduled sometime between November 2018 and February 2019.
Need more information about this study? Send an email, and get your questions answered.