June 17, 2019 04:20 pm — New research indicates that curricular changes and strong family physician role models are important factors in establishing professional identity among family medicine residents.Full Story »
Practice & Professional Issues
Recent Practice & Professional Issues Stories
06/17/2019 — The World Organization of Family Doctors, better known as Wonca, is seeking a CEO to take the reins of this global, not-for-profit academic umbrella organization that represents more than 550,000 family and general practice physicians.
06/12/2019 — Researchers found that a brief survey administered to patients helped identify obstacles to maintaining good health.
06/10/2019 — Researchers have found considerable differences in the way individual health care professionals, organizations and other stakeholders use shared language, such as social determinants of health and related terms.
06/05/2019 — Researchers found that a 60-minute training intervention with physician practices helped increase the frequency of cost-of-medication conversations with patients, which, in turn, enabled clinicians to identify those for whom cost was a specific barrier.
More Practice & Professional Issues News
- 05/31/2019 — Study Links Patient Appointment Times, Cancer Screening Rates
- 05/29/2019 — Research Highlights the Enigma of Primary Care Spending
- 05/28/2019 — FPs Opine on Practice Transformation Network Experience
- 05/24/2019 — Consumers First Coalition Launches With AAFP on Board
- 05/22/2019 — Rural Study Explores Team-based Approach to Diabetes Care
- 05/21/2019 — PCPs Discuss but Don't Document Social, Emotional Health
- 05/14/2019 — FPs Support Postpartum Group Visits for Nutrition Education
- 05/14/2019 — Survey, FP Expert Agree: Interest in Telehealth on the Rise
- 05/08/2019 — Study Finds Family Physicians Offer More Value for Services
- 04/23/2019 — Reaping Rewards From Team-backed Quality Improvement