October 18, 2019 04:09 pm Sleepy Eye, Minn. — Two family physicians who just happen to be married give AAFP News a firsthand view of their wide scope of practice and strong community ties in their small rural town of Sleepy Eye, Minn.Full Story »
Practice & Professional Issues
Recent Practice & Professional Issues Stories
10/16/2019 — In response to AAFP concerns that some physicians' Medicare claims for administering pneumococcal vaccinations have been denied, CMS has instructed Medicare contractors to cease local pneumococcal vaccination frequency edits.
10/09/2019 — The AAFP has responded to a request for information from the Health Resources and Services Administration regarding rural communities' access to health care services. Noting that 17% of AAFP members currently practice in rural areas, the Academy said FPs are best-suited to deliver primary care services in this setting.
09/30/2019 — The Academy is encouraging family physicians to complete a survey that explores the effects of the Protecting Access to Medicare Act on their ability to provide office-based laboratory services.
09/20/2019 — A new resource from the AAFP aims to help physicians who struggle to fit all of their patients' needs, concerns and questions into a typical 15-minute office visit and put an end to those "hand on the doorknob" moments.
More Practice & Professional Issues News
- 09/11/2019 — New Research Shows Fewer Family Physicians Seeing Children
- 09/06/2019 — AAFP FAQ Aims to Educate FPs About Using Claims Data
- 09/04/2019 — Collaboration Improves Patient Outcomes, Lowers Cost
- 08/29/2019 — New AAFP Policy Pushes Payers to Accept Supplemental Data
- 08/20/2019 — Boost Naloxone Prescribing to Halt Opioid Overdose Deaths
- 08/15/2019 — Report Examines Benefits of Investing in Primary Care
- 08/14/2019 — Video Visits Tested in Homebound Geriatric Patients
- 08/12/2019 — AAFP, Other Groups Encourage Well Visits for 16-Year-Olds
- 08/05/2019 — Value of Physical Exam Is Far More Than Meets the Eye
- 08/02/2019 — AHRQ Recruiting Clinics for Antibiotic Stewardship Program