September 19, 2018 11:47 am — New research published in Annals of Family Medicine analyzes use of an electronic health record-based tool for documenting social determinants of health in three community health centers.Full Story »
Practice & Professional Issues
Recent Practice & Professional Issues Stories
09/14/2018 — Americans spend about 200 percent more per capita on primary care prescription drugs than do patients in 10 comparable countries, according to a recent study, but receive fewer days of therapy.
09/12/2018 — Family physicians can now sign up to purchase AAFP Virtual Care, a telemedicine platform designed specifically for FPs in small and medium-sized practices.
08/29/2018 — The title of a new report from the Robert Graham Center sums up the situation for the community health centers that serve many low-income communities: "High Demand, Low Supply."
08/21/2018 — The AAFP has asked a major private payer in Rhode Island to reconsider a proposed 50 percent cut for certain evaluation and management services.
More Practice & Professional Issues News
- 08/20/2018 — Study Shows Physicians, Nurses How They Talk to Each Other
- 08/17/2018 — How Will Medicare Shared Savings Program Changes Affect You?
- 08/01/2018 — Enroll Now for 2019 Program, Ensure Accurate Lab Results
- 06/28/2018 — Patients, Family Caregivers Talk Tough on Care Transition
- 06/26/2018 — WHO Compiles List of Essential Diagnostic Laboratory Tests
- 06/20/2018 — AMA House Backs AAFP's Call for Accurate 2020 Census
- 06/18/2018 — AAFP Joins Effort to Reverse Costly CPT Modifier 25 Decision
- 06/12/2018 — Study: High-deductible Plans May Impede Preventive Care
- 06/08/2018 — Is Social Media Changing the Doctor-Patient Relationship?
- 06/06/2018 — Family Physicians Earn Respect in Remote Valdez, Alaska