March 12, 2020 09:50 am — The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality has released a new guide for primary care clinics that aims to improve management of patients with chronic pain who are on long-term opioid therapy.Full Story »
Practice & Professional Issues
Recent Practice & Professional Issues Stories
02/26/2020 — A recent study tracking a downward trend in primary care visits cited several contributing factors, including the high cost of care that the AAFP has been working to address.
02/12/2020 — Use of digital health tools increased from 2016 to 2019, with FPs and other primary care physicians showing considerable interest in tools that allow them to provide remote patient care, a recent survey found.
02/11/2020 — Jack Westfall, M.D., M.P.H., the new director of the AAFP's Robert Graham Center for Policy Studies in Family Medicine and Primary Care, shares his thoughts on rural health and primary care research in this Q&A.
02/05/2020 — An economic analysis found that expanding HPV vaccination coverage to all adults through age 45 would produce slight health benefits but be less cost-effective than the vaccination strategy previously in place.
More Practice & Professional Issues News
- 01/28/2020 — Report: Two in Five Antibiotic Rxs May Not Be Needed
- 01/27/2020 — Need Help Reviewing 2020 Medicare Coding, Payment Updates?
- 01/21/2020 — Study Shows Ways to Effectively Manage Electronic Messages
- 01/15/2020 — The EveryONE Project Unveils Implicit Bias Training Guide
- 01/03/2020 — Unsure About Primary Care First? Webinar Explains New Model
- 12/18/2019 — End of Medicare's Transition From HICN to MBI Use Looms
- 12/11/2019 — Study Examines Factors Linked to FPs' Use of E-Visits
- 12/02/2019 — Learn How to Utilize Patient-reported Outcomes
- 11/26/2019 — AAFP Tools Ready for Those Considering Primary Care First
- 11/19/2019 — Should Fewer FPs Providing Hospital Care Cause Concern?