May 25, 2018 08:59 am — A new study published in Family Medicine attempts to answer questions surrounding the decision to practice family medicine in rural areas and the factors that cause some rural FPs to limit their scope of practice.Full Story »
Practice & Professional Issues
Recent Practice & Professional Issues Stories
05/25/2018 — A new product created for family physicians is now available to be used as a team-based tool that makes practice improvement smoother and easier.
05/22/2018 — The AAFP is a founding member of a new coalition dedicated to supporting value-based health care and empowering physician-led independent practices.
05/22/2018 — The AAFP is bringing together patients, family physicians and researchers for a new type of conference on June 29 aimed at increasing patient engagement.
05/18/2018 — A new set of principles from the AAFP says practices cannot address social determinants of health to improve quality and outcomes for patients, eliminate health disparities and reduce costs for the health care system without adequate payment.
More Practice & Professional Issues News
- 05/16/2018 — Medical Orgs Decry Attempt to Alter State Laws for APRNs
- 04/25/2018 — Draft Guidelines Issued for Office-based Primary Care Procedures
- 04/19/2018 — Family Medicine Cares USA Supports Free Medical Clinics
- 04/18/2018 — Researchers Explore Diminishing Scope of FP Practice
- 04/13/2018 — New HHS/ONC Tool Helps Consumers Access Health Records
- 04/11/2018 — How to Maintain FP Interest in Providing Maternity Care?
- 04/03/2018 — Data Breach Reported for MyFitnessPal
- 03/20/2018 — Learn to Enhance Patient Care Through Telemedicine
- 03/13/2018 — Free Physicians From 'Transactional Tasks,' Authors Write
- 03/05/2018 — New AAFP Tool Guides FPs Looking to Open a Practice