August 20, 2019 02:49 pm — A report on nationwide naloxone dispensing practices found that the ratio of naloxone prescriptions to high-dose opioid prescriptions is surprisingly low and that significant differences exist between dispensing rates in rural versus metropolitan areas.Full Story »
Practice & Professional Issues
Recent Practice & Professional Issues Stories
08/15/2019 — A new study breaks down states' primary care spending patterns and what they mean for select patient outcomes.
08/14/2019 — Researchers from New York and California developed a test pilot to assess the feasibility of video visits for homebound elderly patients.
08/12/2019 — The AAFP and six other health organizations have published a "Dear Colleague" letter that encourages health care professionals to ensure that adolescent patients present for a well visit at age 16.
08/05/2019 — A new study documents family physicians' experiences and perceptions of the physical examination, which they reported can have both objective and subjective benefits in caring for patients.
More Practice & Professional Issues News
- 08/02/2019 — AHRQ Recruiting Clinics for Antibiotic Stewardship Program
- 07/30/2019 — Resiliency Program Reduces Burnout Symptoms in FM Residents
- 07/24/2019 — New Study, Guidance Affirm Transgender Patients' Care Needs
- 07/17/2019 — Study Tests Protocol to Expand Use of Medical Translators
- 07/16/2019 — Researchers Push Primary Care Teams to 'Power Up'
- 07/10/2019 — Learn to Conquer Your EHR System During 'Happy Hour'
- 07/08/2019 — Full-scope Family Medicine Flourishes in Southwestern Kansas
- 06/28/2019 — Study Links Social Media Posts, Professional Credibility
- 06/17/2019 — Study Looks at Formation of FPs' Professional Identity
- 06/17/2019 — Wonca Seeks New CEO to Head Global Operations