May 19, 2016 02:50 pm — Researchers at Harvard Medical School's Center for Primary Care are preparing case studies on how effective primary care teams are transforming practices.Full Story »
Practice & Professional Issues
Recent Practice & Professional Issues Stories
05/17/2016 — To celebrate World Family Doctor Day on May 19, the AAFP is hosting a "Family Medicine On Air" Google Hangout featuring John Parks, M.D., who is currently based in Malawi.
05/17/2016 — A recent study showed Medicare Advantage enrollees have a lower rate of avoidable hospitalizations compared with traditional fee-for-service Medicare beneficiaries.
05/04/2016 — Speakers at a recent forum said new payment models must address the need for greater spending on primary care and put a sharper focus on team-based care.
04/28/2016 — On April 27, HHS released a long-awaited proposed rule that will guide implementation of new payment models under Medicare.
More Practice & Professional Issues News
- 04/22/2016 — AAFP Joins With Other Organizations to Make MACRA Recommendations
- 04/19/2016 — AAFP Seizes Momentum, Articulates MACRA Vision for Family Medicine
- 04/13/2016 — AAFP Embraces Largest Initiative to Test Physician Payment Model
- 04/11/2016 — AAFP Works to Improve Medicare Data Proposed Rule
- 04/05/2016 — Family Physicians' MACRA Success Starts With the AAFP
- 04/05/2016 — AAFP Calls for Stronger Primary Care Support in ACO Rules
- 04/04/2016 — Panelists Identify Drivers of Rising Health Costs
- 03/29/2016 — Study Identifies 5 Strategies to Spark Patient Motivation
- 03/24/2016 — Study: Retail Clinics Contribute to Higher Health Care Costs
- 03/23/2016 — Community Health Centers Play Major Role in Protecting Safety Net