July 09, 2020 03:18 pm — A recent report uses Medical Expenditure Panel Survey data to confirm that primary care expenditures are not rising relative to other sources of health care spending.Full Story »
Practice & Professional Issues
Recent Practice & Professional Issues Stories
06/25/2020 — The AAFP is recruiting as many as 100 family physicians to participate in stage two of its pilot with Suki, a digital assistant that combines artificial intelligence and voice-enabled technology.
05/29/2020 — Results from a series of weekly surveys from the AAFP National Research Network and the Robert Graham Center for Policy Studies in Family Medicine and Primary Care demonstrate the COVID-19 pandemic's effects on family physicians and their practices.
05/28/2020 — The AAFP is rolling out resources to help members take advantage of big changes to office/outpatient evaluation and management visit coding -- and payment -- that are coming Jan. 1.
05/15/2020 — Thanks to a collaborative effort by the AAFP and Amazon, Amazon Business is opening its COVID-19 Supplies store to individual physicians, allowing Academy members to purchase much-needed personal protective equipment and other medical supplies.
More Practice & Professional Issues News
- 03/12/2020 — AHRQ Issues Guide for Improving Long-term Opioid Management
- 02/26/2020 — Study Charts Downturn in Primary Care Office Visits
- 02/12/2020 — PCPs Outpace Specialists in Embracing Digital Health Tools
- 02/11/2020 — New Director Brings Rural Perspective to Graham Center
- 02/05/2020 — Research Examines Economics of HPV Vaccination
- 01/28/2020 — Report: Two in Five Antibiotic Rxs May Not Be Needed
- 01/27/2020 — Need Help Reviewing 2020 Medicare Coding, Payment Updates?
- 01/21/2020 — Study Shows Ways to Effectively Manage Electronic Messages
- 01/15/2020 — The EveryONE Project Unveils Implicit Bias Training Guide
- 01/03/2020 — Unsure About Primary Care First? Webinar Explains New Model