November 09, 2018 10:34 am — Researchers found that a new category of medical licensure in Missouri drew individuals with lower pass rates on standard licensing exams and did not adequately address the problem of medically underserved areas.Full Story »
Practice & Professional Issues
Recent Practice & Professional Issues Stories
11/07/2018 — A new Harris Poll survey indicates that considerable gaps exist in communication between patients and primary care physicians, with physicians tending to focus more on physical well-being and treatments than on other factors important to patients, such as mental health, diet and sleep.
11/01/2018 — A study published in the October issue of Family Medicine reports on job satisfaction and burnout among family medicine residency coordinators in the United States.
10/30/2018 — A policy brief published in the Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine found that nearly 9 percent of new family physicians in active practice were practicing as hospitalists.
10/22/2018 — Turn to new resources from Medicare administrative contractors for tips on prescribing and ordering durable medical equipment.
More Practice & Professional Issues News
- 10/19/2018 — Take a Look: Three New AAFP TIPS Products Now Available
- 10/18/2018 — Scribes Lessen FPs' Administrative Burden, Researchers Find
- 10/15/2018 — AAFP to Shape Future of Health Care With New Informatics Push
- 10/03/2018 — Solo FP Finds Fulfillment Serving Rural Patients, Community
- 10/01/2018 — FPs: Learn How to Use Hurricane 'External Cause' Codes
- 09/19/2018 — Researchers Test EHR Tools That Document Social Determinants
- 09/14/2018 — Study: U.S. Patients Pay Higher Rx Costs, Get Fewer Days of Therapy
- 09/12/2018 — Add AAFP Virtual Care to Your Family Medicine Practice
- 08/29/2018 — Survey: Community Health Centers Need Many More FPs
- 08/21/2018 — AAFP Decries 50 Percent Cut for E/M Codes with Modifier 25