March 29, 2017 12:46 pm — On April 4, the AAFP will present a live webinar designed to inform family physicians about the Medicare annual wellness visit.Full Story »
Practice & Professional Issues
Recent Practice & Professional Issues Stories
03/28/2017 — Researchers at a safety-net county hospital in Seattle found benefits to asking patients to type their visit agenda into the electronic health record before seeing the clinician.
03/22/2017 — The AAFP has responded to CMS' proposed payment and policy changes to Medicare Advantage and prescription drug plans for 2018, focusing its comments on quality measures, Part D formulary submissions and network adequacy determinations.
03/15/2017 — In a study published in the Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine, researchers found that one-third of family physicians surveyed provide palliative care.
03/09/2017 — Brian Forrest, M.D., has seen first-hand why it's so vital that bodies such as the National Quality Forum's Cardiovascular Standing Committee benefit from the expertise of family physicians.
More Practice & Professional Issues News
- 03/08/2017 — Proposals Call for Better Primary Care Incentive Payments
- 03/06/2017 — Panelists: Payment Reform Must Emphasize Primary Care
- 02/21/2017 — White Paper Outlines Recommendations to Improve EHR Usability
- 02/15/2017 — Learn More About Providing Chronic Care Management Services
- 02/15/2017 — New On-Demand Videos Highlight CPC Practice Achievements
- 02/09/2017 — Patients With Obesity Face Disparities in End-of-Life Care
- 02/03/2017 — New FDA Database Ensures Timely Access to Drug Safety Labeling Changes
- 01/26/2017 — Medical Organization Coalition Calls for Prior Authorization Reform
- 01/25/2017 — Small Primary Care Practices Make Gains in Health IT Adoption, Use
- 01/24/2017 — Community-oriented Primary Care Shows Promise in Value-based Era