June 28, 2018 02:48 pm — An article in the May/June issue of Annals of Family Medicine examines patient and family caregiver attitudes about their experiences with care transition management following an acute hospitalization.Full Story »
Practice & Professional Issues
Recent Practice & Professional Issues Stories
06/26/2018 — The World Health Organization has released a list of essential lab tests to ensure patients around the globe receive the right tests and treatment.
06/20/2018 — At its recent annual meeting, the AMA House of Delegates unanimously adopted an AAFP-led resolution that focused on the critical need to maintain the integrity of U.S. Census data to ensure appropriate allocation of health care and other funding.
06/18/2018 — Dozens of professional medical organizations -- including the AAFP and the New Jersey AFP -- recently signed a letter urging two health insurance companies to reconsider an unfair coding policy.
06/12/2018 — A recent study found that individuals with high-deductible health plans but no health savings accounts are less likely to see primary care physicians, receive preventive care or seek subspecialty services.
More Practice & Professional Issues News
- 06/08/2018 — Is Social Media Changing the Doctor-Patient Relationship?
- 06/06/2018 — Family Physicians Earn Respect in Remote Valdez, Alaska
- 05/25/2018 — What Influences Scope of Practice for Rural FPs?
- 05/25/2018 — New Transformation in Practice Series Simplifies Change
- 05/22/2018 — AAFP Joins Partnership to Empower Physician-Led Care
- 05/22/2018 — Patient Engagement Conference Includes Patients' Voice
- 05/18/2018 — AAFP Unveils Principles for Fair Measurement, Payment in APMs
- 05/16/2018 — Medical Orgs Decry Attempt to Alter State Laws for APRNs
- 04/25/2018 — Draft Guidelines Issued for Office-based Primary Care Procedures
- 04/19/2018 — Family Medicine Cares USA Supports Free Medical Clinics