AAFP Clinical Preventive Services Recommendations
AAFP Clinical Preventive Services Recommendations are based on the rigorous analysis of scientific research performed by the United States Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF)(www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org).
The USPSTF conducts impartial assessments of the scientific evidence for the effectiveness of a broad range of clinical preventive services, including screening, counseling, and preventive medications.
The AAFP reviews all USPSTF recommendations and evidence reports. If the AAFP agrees with the USPSTF, a link is provided to their website for more information. When the AAFP’s assessment differs from the USPSTF, a separate recommendation is developed. AAFP recommendations that differ from the USPSTF are listed below.
- Breast Cancer, Self BSE
- Breast Cancer, CBE
- Cardiovascular Disease, Genomic Testing
- Colorectal Cancer Screening, Adults
- Colorectal Cancer, Genomic Testing
- Screening for Abnormal Blood Glucose and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Adults
- Hepatitis B Virus Chronic Infection Screening
- HIV Infection Screening, Adolescents and Adults
- Lung Cancer Screening
- Pelvic Exam, Screening
- Venous Thromboembolism