Respond to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Support your practice and patients with the latest information on coronavirus.
Updated April 9, 2020
You need simple ways to engage with your peers and AAFP.
Join Virtual Town Halls every Wednesday at 7 p.m., catch up on AAFP leadership messages, and follow conversations in the member community.
The AAFP is working with Congress and federal agencies to ensure you have resources to sustain your operations.
We also want to show the financial impact of COVID-19 on family physicians and practices. Share your story(www.votervoice.net).
Telehealth & Virtual Care Tools
Telehealth and virtual care are critical ways of delivering patient care in the pandemic.
Here's what you need to know to make it work for your practice, from selecting technology to understanding payment options.
Continuing Medical Education
New education opportunities can support you during the pandemic.
Earn CME credit on these activities and access additional COVID-19 education resources.
Clinical Resources & Patient Education
When you're focused on patient care and process changes, it’s hard to track all the new information coming out.
The AAFP is watching for resources that can help you.
Practicing during the pandemic requires different ways of working.
Find guidance on non-urgent visits, coding and payment, PPE, testing and quality reporting.
AAFP COVID-19 News
- 04/09/2020 — Academy Calls for Detailed COVID-19 Patient Data From HHS
- 04/09/2020 — HHS Should Make Immediate Emergency Payments, AAFP Says
- 04/09/2020 — Med Students Find Creative Ways to Help During Pandemic
- 04/09/2020 — New AAFP Policy Protects Medical Learners During Pandemic
- 04/07/2020 — NYSAFP: Ban Tobacco/Vaping Products During COVID-19 Pandemic
- 04/03/2020 — Academy Debuts Weekly COVID-19 CME Webinar Series