Zika Virus Webcast: Update for Family Physicians
For AAFP Members Only
View the Webcast
AAFP member username and password required.
The Zika virus is an emerging concern among U.S. patients. Travel-associated cases have been reported in the U.S., which is likely to increase. Imported cases could result in local spread of the virus.
Learn more about the Zika virus in this AAFP members-only webcast, Zika Virus: Update for Family Physicians. It will provide up-to-date information on the virus, including the latest guidelines for the management of pregnant women at risk for Zika.
The focus of the Zika virus webinar is to provide family physicians current and updated information on the virus and to prepare them to answer questions within their practice. At the conclusion of the webinar, participants should be able to:
- Review the most current information on the status of the Zika virus infections in the United States.
- Understand the latest guidelines about the management of pregnant women and children with the Zika virus infection.
- Utilize the CDC’s pregnancy registry.
- Understand the most up-to-date guidelines on sexual transmission of the Zika virus.
- Describe the role of family physicians in the prevention and management of Zika infection.
Background and patient information about the virus can be found on the AAFP website. Included on our website are helpful resources from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about clinical evaluations and diagnostic testing. Also, stay up to date on the latest travel notices(wwwnc.cdc.gov) from the CDC to inform your patients of the most current information.
This webcast is for AAFP members only. Take advantage of educational content like this webinar by becoming an AAFP member today. AAFP member benefits include clinical resources, continuing medical education (CME) tools and discounts, and other educational products and support.