New Physician Representative to Polaris
NOTE: Applications for this position are being accepted. The deadline is October 16, 2017.
Polaris is WONCA North America Young Physicians Movement that includes medical students, residents and new physicians. It provides a global platform for medical students, residents, and new family physicians, and aims to augment medical training with fun, unique global experiences that include international opportunities for teaching, research, advocacy, exchanges and leadership.
- Regular communication with the AAFP student and resident representatives to the Polaris Executive, AAFP staff, which includes Center for Global Health Initiatives (CGHI) staff as well as those staff who coordinate AAFP activities for new physicians
- Regular communication with the other WONCA Polaris Executive members from Canada and Caribbean
- Attend one in-person meeting of the WONCA Polaris Executive
- Attend the National Conference of Constituency Leaders (NCCL) to share with the new physician constituency about Polaris activities
- Provide an annual report to the AAFP to be submitted to the AAFP CGHI. This report will be used to inform the AAFP Board of Directors of Polaris activities
- Participate and contribute in the Polaris Executive strategic planning process and implementation
- Must be a new physician (first 7 years after residency completion)
- Demonstrate interest and involvement in global health
- Must be able to be away from practice to attend designated meetings
Time commitment away from work: Approximately 10 days including weekends, and one hour every two months for conference calls.
Funding: Provided for participation in NCCL and one face-to-face WONCA World or Polaris Executive meeting.
|MEETING : National Conference for Constituency Leaders||DATES : April||LOCATION : Kansas City, MO|
|MEETING : Polaris Executive meeting (held either in North America or during the World WONCA meeting)||DATES : TBD||LOCATION : Location Rotates|