New Physicians Representative to the Wonca North America Young Doctors Movement and CGHI Advisory Board
Applications for this position are being accepted. The deadline is June 1, 2019.
Polaris is Wonca North America Young Physicians Movement that includes medical students, residents and new physicians, one of the seven Wonca regional young doctors movements (YDM). It provides a global platform for medical students, residents, and new family physicians. It aims to augment medical training with fun, unique global experiences that include international opportunities for teaching, research, advocacy, exchanges and leadership.
AAFP Center for Global Health Initiatives (CGHI) is an AAFP unit established to support and facilitate professional needs of AAFP members to be globally engaged. The CGHI Advisory Board is a group of AAFP members who bring unique knowledge and skills to provide expert advice, consultations, and guidance regarding the AAFP’s global health framework, strategy, initiatives and activities.
- Represent the new physician perspective as a member of the AAFP Center for Global Health Initiatives Advisory Board
- Participate in the program development of the annual AAFP Global Health Summit
- Coordinate new physician activities, if any, during the Global Health Summit
- Disseminate AAFP global health-related messages via appropriate social media channels
- Provide input on global health-related communications
- Be a US and AAFP new physician representative on the Polaris Executive Committee
- Regular communication with the AAFP student and resident representatives to the Polaris Executive, AAFP staff, which includes Center for Global Health Initiatives (CGHI) staff as well as those staff who coordinate AAFP activities for new physicians
- Regular communication with other Wonca Polaris Executive members from Canada and Caribbean
- Attend one (1) in-person meeting of the Wonca Polaris Executive
- Attend the National Conference of Constituency Leaders (NCCL) to share with the new physicians constituency about Polaris activities
- Provide an annual report to the AAFP to be submitted to the AAFP CGHI. This report will be used to inform the AAFP Board of Directors of Polaris activities
- Participate and contribute in the Polaris Executive strategic planning process and implementation
- Must be a new physician (first 7 years after residency completion)
- Demonstrate interest and involvement in global health
- Must be able to be away from practice to attend designated meetings
Approximately 10 days including weekends and 1 hour every two months for conference calls.
Provided for participation in NCCL and one face-to-face Wonca World or Polaris Executive meeting.
|Meeting: National Conference for Constituency Leaders||Dates: April 2020-2021||Location: Kansas City, MO|
|Meeting: Polaris Executive meeting (held either in North America or during the World WONCA meeting)||Dates: TBD||Location: Location rotates|
|Meeting: AAFP Global Health Summit||Dates: Fall 2020-2021||Location: Location rotates|
|Meeting: Interim CGHI Advisory Board meetings||Dates: Spring 2020-2021||Location: Leawood, KS|