Each year, the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) collaborate to develop recommendations for the routine use of vaccines in children, adolescents, and adults in the United States.
View current immunization schedules by age group:
AAFP Immunization Coding Reference Cards - Birth through 18 Years
Optimize payment for childhood immunizations.
More on Vaccine Schedules from the AAFP
AAFP Encourages Two Doses of MCV4
The AAFP joins with other organizations to urge physicians to strongly recommend and administer the second (booster) dose of meningococcal vaccine at age 16. Read the Recommendation »(www.immunize.org)
- CME Bulletin: Barriers to Adult Immunizations
- Webcast: Immunizations for Adolescents: Improve Rates, Improve Outcomes
- Webcast: Immunizations for Adults: Updates, Barriers and Interventions
- CDC Current Vaccine Shortages & Delays(www.cdc.gov)
- Use Standing Orders to Vaccinate Adults: Take a StandTM(www.standingorders.org) is a national program to raise adult immunization rates through increased utilization of Standing Orders. The program offers no-cost, interactive workshops across the nation.
- NVAC Standards for Adult Immunization Practice(www.izsummitpartners.org)