Information on local, state, and national LGBT advocacy efforts, including the latest on AAFP advocacy efforts.
- Group of 6 Joint Statement -- (May 2019) America’s Frontline Physicians Urge Trump Administration to Protect Transgender Patients and Women’s Reproductive Health.
- AAFP National Conference of Constituency Leaders -- This annual conference provides an opportunity to create AAFP policy when it comes to providing support for our LGBT family physicians and the LGBT community we serve.
- Human Rights Campaign(www.hrc.org) -- The largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for LGBT Americans.
- GLAAD: Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation(www.glaad.org) -- GLAAD is an organization helping to shape the narrative and provoke dialogue leading to cultural change.
- GLSEN: The Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network(www.glsen.org) -- GLSEN is an organization of teachers working to ensure every member of every school community is valued and respected regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. State chapters also available.
- Lambda Legal(www.lambdalegal.org) -- A national organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of LGBT people and those with HIV through litigation, education and public policy work.
- The National Center for Transgender Equality(transequality.org) -- An organization dedicated to leading social justice advocacy for the transgender community.
Links to external websites and guidelines are provided as a courtesy. They are neither a guarantee nor an endorsement by the AAFP of the guidelines, products or services offered on these websites.