Caring for School-Aged Patients
Begin the Discussion with School Age Patients
Use these important AAFP resources to help your school-age patients stay healthy and safe.
Adolescent Well Visits & Vaccinations
The AAFP collaborated with the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), American College Health Association (ACHA), American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), American Pharmacists Association (APhA), Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine (SAHM), and Immunization Action Coalition (IAC) to urge healthcare professionals to make sure that your patients who are 16 years of age receive the vaccines that are recommended for them in accordance with the Recommended Child and Adolescent Immunization Schedule for ages 18 years or younger, United States, 2019.
Clinical Preventive Services
Take the opportunity to address the physical, emotional, and intellectual growth during their formative years.
Physical & Mental Health
Help your school-age patients and their parents ensure the school year starts and finishes healthy and safe.
Concussion Webcasts for Physicians
Get information about the impact of sports-related head injuries in physician-led webcasts produced by the AAFP.
Adolescent & Young Adult Preventive Services
Improve the health of your adolescent and young adult patients, aged 11-26, by viewing this webcast about preventive services.
- Adolescents and Young Adults: Getting the Preventive Services You Need(familydoctor.org)
- Vaccine Schedules(familydoctor.org)
- Childhood Vaccines: What they Are and Why Your Child Needs Them(familydoctor.org)
- HPV Vaccine for Preteens and Teens(familydoctor.org)
- Tdap Vaccine for Preteens and Teens(familydoctor.org)
- CDC National Immunization Awareness Month(www.cdc.gov)
Physical & Mental Health
- Sex & Birth Control(familydoctor.org)
- Video: Preventing and Treating Concussions(familydoctor.org)
- Common School-Age Illnesses/Infections (familydoctor.org)
- Concussions in Kids (familydoctor.org)
- Girls and Puberty (familydoctor.org)
- Boys and Puberty (familydoctor.org)
- Emotional Well-being(familydoctor.org)
- Kids and Bullying (familydoctor.org)
- Understanding Your Teen's Emotional Health (familydoctor.org)
- Your Child's Mental Health (familydoctor.org)
- Body Image (Children and Teens) (familydoctor.org)
- Teen Suicide (familydoctor.org)
Looking for patient education to use in your practice? Familydoctor.org provides health and wellness information, in both English and Spanish, that are written in conversational, easy-to-understand language. All articles been carefully reviewed by family physicians. Learn More(familydoctor.org)