Science and Education
Evidence-based guidelines and recommendations to optimize patient care
- Tobacco Use in Adults, Including Pregnant Women
- Tobacco Use in Children and Adolescents
- The Guide to Community Preventive Services(www.thecommunityguide.org)
AAFP Position Paper and Policies
- AAFP Position Paper: Preventing and Treating Nicotine Dependence and Tobacco Use
- AAFP Policy: Tobacco Use, Prevention and Cessation
- AAFP Policy: Electronic Cigarettes
- Electronic Cigarette Advertising to Children
- Treating Tobacco Dependence Practice Manual(24 page PDF)
- Pharmacologic Product Guide(2 page PDF)
- Drug Interactions With Tobacco Smoke(2 page PDF)
- PPT: Treating Tobacco Dependence Presentation For Clinicians(65 page PPTX)
- PDF: Treating Tobacco Dependence Presentation for Clinicians(65 page PDF)
- Office Champions Tobacco Cessation Behavioral Health Facts
Join the Online Community
The Tobacco & Nicotine Prevention and Control community is a forum to share updates, evidence, resources, and questions and comments on tobacco control issues.
- You can log in to the community with your AAFP username and password.
- If you are not an AAFP member, please create an account.
- As a first-time visitor to the community, you will be asked to affirm a Code of Conduct.
Contact the AAFP member resource center at 1-800-274-2237 if you have questions.