AAFP Laboratory Proficiency Testing Program
Rely on AAFP-PT to help you maintain
AAFP’s Proficiency Testing Program (AAFP-PT) is a CMS-CLIA-approved comprehensive program with more than 25 years of laboratory experience. AAFP-PT is the only laboratory proficiency testing provider to focus on the unique needs of physician office laboratories, urgent care centers, and small hospital laboratories.
Accurate lab results that are crucial to patient care.
What Is Laboratory Proficiency Testing?
Laboratory proficiency testing is an external quality and accuracy assessment process that tests unknown specimens from an outside source to ensure accurate lab testing results.Lab proficiency testing is more than an internal quality control measure. It provides an important comparison and objective assessment of your lab staff competencies, specimen handling, equipment functionality, and results reporting.
Why Choose AAFP-PT?
Approved by CMS and COLA, AAFP-PT is your trusted partner to maintain laboratory certification. We provide:
- Comprehensive list of specimens appropriate for testing in waived and high-complexity laboratories.
- Now offering nine new modules for 2019(1 MB PDF) to better meet your needs.
- Three shipments per year (view shipment schedule)
- No annual registration fee for COLA member laboratories
- 10% discount on orders with three or more laboratory locations
- Friendly and fast customer service and technical support from our team of experienced laboratorians
- Free handbook binder cover, spine inserts, and tabs to help organize PT materials
- Convenient customer service through PT Central, email, or phone
- 24/7 online access to current enrollment status, evaluations, and forms through PT Central
- Email reminders of all important reporting deadlines, including notification of missing data in results submissions
- Automatic email confirmation when results have been received
- Evaluation report provided by email
- Continuing education credit through ASCLS P.A.C.E.®