MACRA 101: Learn the Basics
Just getting started with MACRA? Start with these resources.
FAQ on MACRA
Find answers to frequently asked questions related to MACRA.
Pathway to MACRA
This infographic highlights the path options you will choose related to MACRA, and can help you decide which pathway works best for your practice.
Get an easy-to-read overview of how MACRA will roll out.
Confused about all MACRA acronyms? Download this acronym table of the programs, organizations, and terms related to MACRA.
A Guide for Employed Physicians
Are you an employed physician wondering how MACRA will affect you? Download this members-only guide to learn all you need to know about MIPS participation if you work in an employed setting.
Technical Assistance Programs to Transition to QPP
CMS offers several technical assistance programs to help physicians successfully participate in one of the two payment tracks under the Quality Payment Program (QPP): MIPS and AAPMS.
QPP-SURS is one of the TA programs funded by CMS. This free-of-charge service only serves small practices of 15 or fewer ECs, and focuses on those located in medically underserved areas, health professional shortage areas, and rural locations.
Making Sense of MACRA Series
- The AAFP's Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions(440 KB PDF)
- Earning Bonus Points for MIPS(1 MB PDF)
- Questions to Ask Your Employer(1 MB PDF)
- Navigate Changes to the Quality Payment Program(1 MB PDF)
- Medicare Payment Reform -- From FPM Journal
- Value-based Payment and Your Future -- From FPM Journal
- The Big Picture(4 page PDF)
- Using Data to Prepare(6 page PDF)
- Understanding Your Pathway(3 MB PDF)
- Get Paid With the Annual Wellness Visit (AWV)(3 page PDF)
- The Value of Quality and Cost(4 page PDF)
- Advancing Care Information (ACI) and Improvement Activities (IA)(4 page PDF)
- Simplifying Chronic Care Management (CCM)(1 MB PDF)
- A Guide for Employed Physicians(1 MB PDF)