Beginning with the July 2021 issue, American Family Physician will change its publishing schedule. Here’s what you can expect:
• 12 issues per year instead of 24, with twice the amount of editorial content and CME credit in each “double issue,”
• Delivery around the middle of each month, and
• The same great AFP content you trust, in print, online, and in the AAFP app.
Also new in July 2021: An extended period of CME eligibility! AAFP members and AFP subscribers will have two years from the date of publication, rather than one year, to complete the CME quiz and claim credit.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When will I receive my monthly issue? Your monthly issue will arrive mid-month.
- Will I receive the same amount of content as when I was receiving two issues a month? Yes. The same great content you have come to expect each month will now arrive in a single issue with double the content, instead of two separate issues.
- Will the deadline to complete the CME quiz and claim CME credit change? Yes, beginning with the July 2021 issue, each issue of AFP will be available online for members and other subscribers for 24 months, which means you now have two years to complete the quiz and claim CME.
- Will the number of CME credits available change? Each issue will be worth approximately twice as many credits as in the past, due to the increased content in each issue, but the total number of credits available over one year will be approximately the same.
- What will happen to the new issue alerts I receive by email? You will continue to receive an alert (the AFP email table of contents) when each new issue is published, and you will also receive a new e-newsletter each month, AFP Clinical Answers, that provides brief, evidence-based answers to key clinical questions based on AFP journal content.
Please direct any questions regarding this change to email@example.com, and thank you for being a reader.