Rationale and Comments
To date, randomized control trials evaluating use of coronary CT angiography for individuals presenting with acute chest pain in the emergency department have been limited to low- or low-intermediate–risk individuals.
- Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- Randomized controlled trials
- Emergency medicine
- Goldstein JA, et al. The CT-STAT (Coronary Computed Tomographic Angiography for Systematic Triage of Acute Chest Pain Patients to Treatment) trial. J Amer Coll Cardiol. 2011;58(14):1414-22.
- Hoffmann U, et al. Coronary CT angiography versus standard evaluation in acute chest pain. N Engl J Med. 2012;367(4):299-308.
- Litt HI, et al. CT angiography for s afe discharge of patients with possible acute coronary syndromes. N Engl J Med. 2012;366(15):1393-403.