This November and December, medical students can explore the full spectrum of possibilities in family medicine at Real Talk with Family Docs.
Registration is required for each event. You can join as many events as you would like. Events are organized by geographic region, and family physician guests will reflect the opportunities to make family medicine whatever you want to be no matter where you want to live. Click any button below to register for an event.
Questions you might want to ask at an interactive event like Real Talk with Family Docs include the following, which are also published in Strolling Through the Match, a complete guide to pursuing a family medicine residency that's published for free by the AAFP:
• What are your favorite and least favorite parts of your job?
• What are you excited about for the future of family medicine? What are you concerned about?
• What drew you to the specialty?
• What makes a good day in family medicine great?
• How did your training prepare you for what you have done in your career?
• How did you decide to do a fellowship?
• How did you choose your job?