May 22, 2017 03:24 pm — Health care truly is complicated. We asked our new physician bloggers what policymakers need to understand if they're going to help create a better system.Full Story »
As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
"As We See It" uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the Academy's actions. From time to time, individual AAFP members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest opinions.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas to email@example.com. Or, take advantage of the comments feature shown on each story page to air your views.
Recent "As We See It" Content
05/19/2017 — The AAFP hopes to reach 1 million people with the message that family physicians help patients not only get healthy, but stay healthy. ZDogg, M.D., is lending a hand, and so can you.
05/16/2017 — When physicians failed to follow the principles of evidence-based medicine, it exacerbated a pertussis outbreak in Kentucky. Gerry Tolbert, M.D., writes that doctors must learn from such mistakes.
05/12/2017 — One in 20 Americans age 12 or older has depression. The AAFP has resources that can help physicians and their patients who struggle with this condition.
05/08/2017 — Getting in tune with your physical, emotional and spiritual well-being is key to treating burnout. Marie-Elizabeth Ramas, M.D., writes that she did all three at her local gym.
05/08/2017 — Leonard Reeves, M.D., shares a patient story that illustrates the powerful impact free clinics can have for those in dire need of help.
More "As We See It" News
- 05/08/2017 — Free Clinics Need Our Help to Heal Patients, Communities
- 05/02/2017 — I'm Invited to a Patient's Wedding; Should I Save the Date?
- 04/28/2017 — AAFP Responds to 13 Reasons Why With Mental Health Resources
- 04/25/2017 — The HIV Test Is Positive; How Do You Deliver the News?
- 04/24/2017 — Leaning on My Community for Resilience and Recovery
- 04/20/2017 — Speaking Same Language Doesn't Guarantee Being on Same Page
- 04/17/2017 — Attacks on Science Call for Strong Defense by Family Physicians
- 04/17/2017 — Finding Purple: Creating Nonpartisan Paths to Advance Primary Care
- 04/17/2017 — Twins Multiply Challenges -- and Rewards -- of Breastfeeding
- 04/11/2017 — FPs Can Lead in Treating Transgender Patients With Dignity