October 09, 2015 09:31 am — Women represent roughly one-third of the U.S. physician workforce, and according to a recent Medscape survey, more than half of female physicians hold at least one leadership position.Full Story »
As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
"As We See It" uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the Academy's actions. From time to time, individual AAFP members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest opinions. As We See It online also is the home for letters to the editor.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas -- and your letters to the editor -- to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, take advantage of the comments feature shown on each story page to air your views.
Recent "As We See It" Stories
10/06/2015 — Much like a weather forecast, few clinical outcomes approach 100 percent probability.
09/30/2015 — AAFP President Wanda Filer, M.D., M.B.A., has a message for medical students. Family medicine is the specialty for physicians willing to and capable of learning more than one body system, providing comprehensive care and being an advocate. All others need not apply.
09/28/2015 — Physicians interested in direct primary care can get their questions about the practice model answered by experts in multiple sessions this week at the Family Medicine Experience.
More "As We See It" News
- 09/24/2015 — Social Media Matters: Why Twitter Needs Physician Voices
- 09/22/2015 — Practice Perspective: Patient Stories Get Attention of Media, Policymakers
- 09/21/2015 — Eye on the Ball: Overreliance on EHRs Can Bring Disaster
- 09/16/2015 — Building Relationships at Core of Family Medicine, Leadership
- 09/16/2015 — Medicine, Media and the Need for a Physician's Perspective
- 09/09/2015 — Information Overload: New Gadgets Provide More Data, What Else?
- 09/04/2015 — Royal Pain: Team's Chickenpox Incident Offers Lesson for Patients
- 09/02/2015 — In an Emergency, Family Physicians Have It Covered
- 09/01/2015 — Key to Boosting Access Is Expanding the Pipeline
- 08/26/2015 — Former 'Orphan' School Embraces Family Medicine to Drive Progress