As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
"As We See It" uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the Academy's actions. From time to time, individual AAFP members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest opinions.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas to email@example.com. Or, take advantage of the comments feature shown on each story page to air your views.
Recent "As We See It" Content
02/21/2017 — Physicians like to be in control in health care settings, but Beth Oller, M.D., says doctors -- like all patients -- relinquish much control when they are admitted to a hospital.
02/20/2017 — AAFP Board Chair Wanda Filer, M.D., M.B.A., reports from a cancer symposium that communication between primary care physicians and oncologists is critical for patients' welfare.
02/14/2017 — It takes nearly two decades for the U.S. health care system to adopt new evidence-based findings. Kyle Jones, M.D., ponders the problem.
02/10/2017 — Rank order lists are due soon for those participating in the National Resident Matching Program. Stewart Decker, M.D., offers a few tips for students still pondering their options.
02/07/2017 — Nearly 3,000 primary care practices and 50 payers in more than a dozen states and regions are participating in a pilot that aims to deliver better care for patients and better pay for practices.
More "As We See It" News
- 02/07/2017 — CPC+ Laying Groundwork for Value-based Payment
- 02/06/2017 — Patients Have Plenty to Teach a New Attending Physician
- 01/30/2017 — Keep Calm and Carry On … Being a Family Physician
- 01/27/2017 — Trusted Relationship Allows Patients to Confide Horrors of Abuse
- 01/25/2017 — As Bad Ideas Go, Closing Toledo Residency Is Huge
- 01/23/2017 — After Hitting the Wall, How Do I Bounce Back?
- 01/18/2017 — What's in a Name? Annual Exam Jargon Causes Confusion
- 01/18/2017 — Opportunity Knocks: Seize Your Chance to Make a Difference
- 01/16/2017 — Don't Throw Away Your Shot to Make the World Better
- 01/11/2017 — Why Do Women Docs Get Better Results (and Lower Payment)?