August 24, 2016 01:45 pm — Vermont recently became the first state to require drug manufacturers to justify large price increases. Will any other states -- or the federal government -- follow?Full Story »
As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
"As We See It" uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the Academy's actions. From time to time, individual AAFP members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest opinions. As We See It online also is the home for letters to the editor.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas -- and your letters to the editor -- to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, take advantage of the comments feature shown on each story page to air your views.
Recent "As We See It" Content
08/22/2016 — Through detection, prevention and careful health management, primary care physicians save countless lives each day with little drama or fanfare.
08/17/2016 — In many rural communities, family physicians are the only maternity care providers. The AAFP provides training and support members need to play this vital role.
08/15/2016 — With trends pointing to an emphasis on team-based care, Kyle Jones, M.D., questions the rationale for quality measures that focus on individual physicians.
08/10/2016 — A report on men's health that the AAFP released on Aug. 9 gave Academy leaders an opportunity to tell the media about the importance of having a family physician.
08/09/2016 — The transition from resident to new physician can be challenging. Our new-to-practice physician bloggers offer advice for those who will follow them.
More "As We See It" News
- 08/09/2016 — What You Need to Know on Path Through Residency and Beyond
- 08/02/2016 — FMX Offers Something for Every Family Physician
- 07/29/2016 — Artful Communication of Evidence Can Overcome Anecdotal Fears
- 07/27/2016 — Bringing a Small Town Approach to Urban Practice
- 07/22/2016 — Singing the Praises of a Pharma-free Practice
- 07/19/2016 — Leveling the Playing Field: AAFP Tackles Flu Vaccine Supply Issues
- 07/18/2016 — Prior Authorization Call Shows Inefficiency, Absurdity of Process
- 07/13/2016 — New President-elect Brings Family Medicine Perspective to AMA
- 07/12/2016 — Support, Flexibility at Home, Work Vital to Success in Rural Practice
- 07/12/2016 — Try PROBE Tool to Help Stave Off Burnout