November 24, 2015 02:07 pm — AAFP President Wanda Filer, M.D., M.B.A., reports that recent meetings with family physicians and medical students across the country have given her much to be thankful for.Full Story »
As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
"As We See It" uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the Academy's actions. From time to time, individual AAFP members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest opinions. As We See It online also is the home for letters to the editor.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas -- and your letters to the editor -- to email@example.com. Or, take advantage of the comments feature shown on each story page to air your views.
Recent "As We See It" Stories
11/24/2015 — Moving across state lines means getting a new medical license and jumping through hoops for credentialing and privileges. Sometimes, though, the end result is worth the hassles.
11/18/2015 — When it comes to medicine, TV programs often get it all wrong. A crop of new shows making their debuts this fall have a chance to change that.
11/17/2015 — Administrative burdens are getting in the way of patient care. Marie-Elizabeth Ramas, M.D., asks what if we just say "no?"
11/13/2015 — The Health is Primary campaign, which touts the value of primary care, will have the potential to reach up to 5 million consumers per day through a collaboration with CVS Health.
More "As We See It" News
- 11/10/2015 — AAFP to Congress: Primary Care Plays Vital Role in Mental Health
- 11/10/2015 — Cut the Jargon and Let Patients Hear What You're Saying
- 11/04/2015 — 30-hour Shifts? Only If It Makes Us Better Physicians
- 11/02/2015 — Med Students, Schools Must Safeguard Peers' Mental Wellness
- 10/27/2015 — Surrounded by Ghosts: Wisdom Gained From Patients Past
- 10/27/2015 — Digging Out of Medical School Debt
- 10/23/2015 — 'Stop the Bleed' Aims to Turn Bystanders into 'By-doers'
- 10/20/2015 — Strength in Numbers: Teamwork Prevails in Face of Disaster
- 10/19/2015 — Trial by Firings: Lessons in Organizing at NewYork-Presbyterian
- 10/19/2015 — Prescription for Pain? Important Questions Patients Should Ask