February 20, 2017 01:56 pm — AAFP Board Chair Wanda Filer, M.D., M.B.A., reports from a cancer symposium that communication between primary care physicians and oncologists is critical for patients' welfare.Full Story »
As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
"As We See It" uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the Academy's actions. From time to time, individual AAFP members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest opinions. As We See It online also is the home for letters to the editor.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas -- and your letters to the editor -- to email@example.com. Or, take advantage of the comments feature shown on each story page to air your views.
Recent "As We See It" Content
02/14/2017 — It takes nearly two decades for the U.S. health care system to adopt new evidence-based findings. Kyle Jones, M.D., ponders the problem.
02/10/2017 — Rank order lists are due soon for those participating in the National Resident Matching Program. Stewart Decker, M.D., offers a few tips for students still pondering their options.
02/07/2017 — Nearly 3,000 primary care practices and 50 payers in more than a dozen states and regions are participating in a pilot that aims to deliver better care for patients and better pay for practices.
02/06/2017 — After undergraduate school, medical school and residency, new physician Luis Garcia, M.D., says he still can learn a lot from his patients.
01/30/2017 — In this whale of a tale, John Cullen, M.D., writes that there is a moment of intense clarity during an emergency. That's vital for family physicians in remote locations.
More "As We See It" News
- 01/30/2017 — Keep Calm and Carry On … Being a Family Physician
- 01/27/2017 — Trusted Relationship Allows Patients to Confide Horrors of Abuse
- 01/25/2017 — As Bad Ideas Go, Closing Toledo Residency Is Huge
- 01/23/2017 — After Hitting the Wall, How Do I Bounce Back?
- 01/18/2017 — What's in a Name? Annual Exam Jargon Causes Confusion
- 01/18/2017 — Opportunity Knocks: Seize Your Chance to Make a Difference
- 01/16/2017 — Don't Throw Away Your Shot to Make the World Better
- 01/11/2017 — Why Do Women Docs Get Better Results (and Lower Payment)?
- 01/09/2017 — No, I'm Not 'Settling' for Family Medicine
- 01/04/2017 — Cancer Survivors Need FPs, Subspecialists to Collaborate