As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
"As We See It" uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the Academy's actions. From time to time, individual AAFP members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest opinions. As We See It online also is the home for letters to the editor.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas -- and your letters to the editor -- to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, take advantage of the comments feature shown on each story page to air your views.
Recent "As We See It" Content
07/19/2016 — Family physicians often receive their flu vaccine weeks after retail clinics get theirs. The AAFP is talking with vaccine manufacturers and other stakeholders to resolve the disparity.
07/18/2016 — Family physicians waste hours each and every week on prior authorizations. Ryan Neuhofel, D.O., M.P.H., recorded one such call to illustrate the inefficiency of the process.
07/13/2016 — Family physician and AMA President-elect David Barbe, M.D., looks ahead at key issues he plans to address during his year as the organization's president.
07/12/2016 — Researchers recently surveyed rural female physicians about their practice setting. Blogger Beth Oller, M.D., outlines how she makes it work personally and professionally.
07/12/2016 — Richard Bruno, M.D., M.P.H., the resident member of the AAFP Board of Directors, offers his peers advice on how to avoid burnout.
More "As We See It" News
- 07/12/2016 — Try PROBE Tool to Help Stave Off Burnout
- 07/05/2016 — Breaking Point Offers Med Students Chance to Grow
- 06/30/2016 — Stranded Patients, Lost Meds Are Just the Beginning of Flood Disaster
- 06/29/2016 — Clinical Case Managers Improve Chronic Care Outcomes
- 06/28/2016 — Give Back: Making a Plea for Family Medicine Preceptors
- 06/22/2016 — AAFP Award for Excellence in GME: And the Winners Are …
- 06/21/2016 — FP Salaries Increasing, But How Much?
- 06/14/2016 — Arrival of Superbug Highlights Need for New Antibiotics, New Approach
- 06/13/2016 — Time for Congress to End 20-year Ban on Gun Research
- 06/08/2016 — Catching a Dream: Participating in Leadership Keeps 'Goblins' at Bay