February 09, 2016 02:12 pm — Helping to curb risky teen behavior is a complex proposition. Natasha Bhuyan, M.D., examines how family physicians can approach the problem in a nonjudgmental way.Full Story »
As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
"As We See It" uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the Academy's actions. From time to time, individual AAFP members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest opinions. As We See It online also is the home for letters to the editor.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas -- and your letters to the editor -- to email@example.com. Or, take advantage of the comments feature shown on each story page to air your views.
Recent "As We See It" Stories
02/05/2016 — Robert Lee, M.D., participated in the Iowa caucuses and writes that family physicians nationwide should be pressing candidates for real solutions to health care problems.
02/02/2016 — Achieving the goals of family medicine cannot rest on the shoulders of a few. Just like characters in the latest Hollywood blockbuster, everyone has to play a part.
02/01/2016 — At least 20 percent of pediatric practices are firing unvaccinated patients, but Ryan Neuhofel, D.O., M.P.H., writes that denying access to care could make the problem worse.
More "As We See It" News
- 01/27/2016 — Win-Win? Cardiology Project Could Benefit Patients, FPs
- 01/25/2016 — In Family Medicine, Sometimes the Hoofbeats Are Zebras
- 01/19/2016 — Patient Perspective Vital for Practice Improvement
- 01/18/2016 — Doctor or Patient? Who Owns Medical Records?
- 01/12/2016 — U.S. Needs More Than Baby Steps on Paid Maternity Leave
- 01/11/2016 — Helicopter Parents Need to Know When to Land in Waiting Room
- 01/06/2016 — Telehealth Is Family Medicine's Next Big Opportunity
- 01/05/2016 — Looking for a Hero: Kids Need Medical Role Models
- 12/23/2015 — End of Medicare Bonuses Underlines Need for New Payment Models
- 12/22/2015 — Family Physicians Can Help When Holidays Aren't Merry