Tuesday Mar 27, 2018
Deadline to submit data for 2017 MIPS approaches
If you have not already done so, time is running out to submit data for the 2017 Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) performance year. You have until April 3 to provide the information, which could affect your Medicare payments in 2019.
One way to submit your data and satisfy all MIPS reporting requirements is to go to the Quality Payment Program (QPP) website(qpp.cms.gov) and log into the system at the top of the page. You must have an Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) account and an appropriate user role associated with your organization to sign-in and submit data to the QPP. You can use your EIDM account across many systems within the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- If you’ve been submitting data under a previous legacy program, such as the Physician Quality Reporting System, your user accounts will be the same in the QPP.
- If you need to set up an EIDM account, get EIDM account information, or reset your password on an existing EIDM account, visit the CMS Enterprise Portal(portal.cms.gov). For questions, contact the QPP Service Center at 1-866-288-8292. You can also use the CMS EIDM Guide(www.cms.gov) to get started.
The system automatically updates your record as you enter data, and you’ll see initial MIPS performance category scoring based on your submissions. This scoring may change if you participate in an alternative payment model, report new data, or use quality measures that have not yet been benchmarked. Once the submission period closes on April 3, CMS will calculate your 2019 payment adjustment based on your last submission or submission update.
For more information:
- View the “Submitting 2017 Transition Year Data to the Quality Payment Program” fact sheet(www.cms.gov).
- Visit qpp.cms.gov(qpp.cms.gov) to check your participation status, explore measures, review guidance on MIPS, and more.
- Go to the QPP Resource Library(www.cms.gov) to review new and existing QPP resources.
If you have questions, you may also contact the Quality Payment Program Service Center at QPP@cms.hhs.gov or 1-866-288-8292.
– Kent Moore, Senior Strategist for Physician Payment for the American Academy of Family Physicians
Posted at 12:45PM Mar 27, 2018 by Kent Moore