Wednesday Aug 21, 2019
Your next job: How to find the right work environment
Evaluating the compensation package is naturally the first step when assessing a potential new job, but assessing your work schedule should be just as important. Job-hunting physicians should be sure to ask these important questions to gain a fuller view of what life might be like in the new job:
• Do physicians admit their own patients after hours, or is there an on-call hospitalist group?
• Do physicians field all after-hours calls, or is there a nurse triage system?
• How do physicians cover for one another when someone is out of the office?
• Are physicians expected to work additional urgent care shifts or extended hours?
• How much vacation or personal leave is allowed each year?
Read the full FPM article: “Finding the Right Job: Two Key Issues.”
Insightful, quick-read tips delivered straight to your inbox
Sign up to receive FPM's free, weekly e-newsletter, "Quick Tips & Insights," filled with practical, peer-reviewed advice you can put to work right now to improve patient care, streamline your day, get properly reimbursed, and improve career satisfaction.
Posted at 09:00AM Aug 21, 2019 by FPM Editors