Become an International Member of the AAFP
Stay Connected while Engaging Globally
Whether you're teaching or practicing family medicine abroad, the AAFP helps you stay connected to the specialty with quality education resources and a direct network to your colleagues. We're giving family physicians like you a stronger voice worldwide. Benefit from:
- Quality family medicine education resources
- Opportunities to network with your colleagues here and abroad
- Assets to strengthen the voice of family physicians worldwide
- Family physicians outside the United States engaged in practicing or teaching family medicine or working in medical administration who are licensed to practice in countries or territories outside the U.S. in which no constituent chapter exists and who are not eligible for membership in the Uniformed Services Chapter; or
- Physicians in training in countries and territories outside the U.S. in which no constituent chapter exists and who are not eligible for membership in the Uniformed Services chapter may be international members.
- International members have voice in reference committees, but are not entitled to hold an AAFP office.
General AAFP International Membership Information
- International applications are approved subject to AAFP Bylaws.
- National headquarters completes enrollment.
- Transfers from one classification to another must be approved by the constituent chapter where applicable.
- If all membership requirements are met, membership is continued on an annual basis, unless notification is received from the member.
Questions? Contact us at (913) 906-6000 or email@example.com.