November 02, 2018 12:22 pm — Jeffrey Kirchner, D.O., AAHIVS, outlines how family physicians can determine whether a patient could benefit from pre-exposure prophylaxis to prevent transmission of HIV.Full Story »
As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
As We See It uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the AAFP's actions. From time to time, individual Academy members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest editorials.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, take advantage of the comments feature on every AAFP News story or blog page to air your views.
Previous As We See It Articles
- 10/25/2018 — The Never-ending Quest to Achieve Health for All
- 10/24/2018 — Member Survey Results Focus on Issues That Matter to You
- 08/21/2018 — Fighting for a Fee Schedule That Works for You, Your Patients
- 06/22/2018 — Lessons Learned From a Legislative Victory
- 06/15/2018 — AAFP Payment Model Shows 'Promise,' Says HHS
- 06/14/2018 — Yes, There's a Doctor on Board -- and She's a Family Physician
- 05/30/2018 — Results Are In: Inaugural AAFP Well-being Conference a Hit
- 05/23/2018 — Physicians to Administration: Stay Out of Doctor-Patient Relationship
- 05/11/2018 — Spread the Word on May 22: FPs Treat Body and Mind
- 03/15/2018 — Puerto Rico's Doctors, Patients, Students Remain in Need
- 03/08/2018 — Let's Not Forget the Injured in Shootings
Recent AAFP News Blog Posts
- 12/04/2018 — Minorities Are Underrepresented in Clinical Trials
- 11/27/2018 — Help Patients Know Their HIV Status
- 11/20/2018 — Bustling Clerkship Shows Family Medicine Is Never Boring
- 11/13/2018 — FPs and Vasectomies: Help Your Patients Make a 'Snip' Decision
- 11/07/2018 — Embrace Change and Tech to Shape Our Future
- 10/31/2018 — What Do Women Think? If You Only Knew …
- 10/19/2018 — We Shouldn't Have to Struggle to Put Patients First
- 10/10/2018 — FPs Are Answer to Rural Maternity Care Crisis
- 12/11/2018 — Why I Love Working in a Community Health Center
- 11/29/2018 — Focus on Decision-makers to Improve Public Health
- 11/26/2018 — Let's Get Drug Pricing Under Control
- 11/20/2018 — Protect Transgender and Intersex Patients
- 11/12/2018 — Physicians Deserve to Be Safe at Work. Are We?
- 11/05/2018 — Should We Talk Politics With Patients?
- 10/30/2018 — Why We Need More Physician Entrepreneurs
- 10/22/2018 — Millennials Don't Have PCPs; Here's Why They Should