June 20, 2017 03:33 pm — Ryan Neuhofel, D.O., M.P.H., wanted more than just a bigger space for his new clinic. He wanted it to help patients feel more comfortable and more engaged.Full Story »
As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
"As We See It" uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the Academy's actions. From time to time, individual AAFP members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest opinions.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, take advantage of the comments feature shown on each story page to air your views.
Recent "As We See It" Content
06/19/2017 — Nearly half of allopathic family medicine clerkship directors report difficulty finding clinical preceptor sites. Leonard Reeves, M.D., makes the case for opening your practice to students.
06/09/2017 — Adequate screening and earlier treatment of hepatitis C infection would curb the spread of disease, ease suffering and reduce long-term health care costs.
06/08/2017 — Increased enforcement of laws governing immigration is affecting the health of undocumented immigrants and may have unintended consequences for others, too.
06/06/2017 — As first-year family medicine residents prepare to start their new programs, our new physician bloggers offer the benefit of their experience.
06/01/2017 — The health threats posed by climate change are alarming. Given the scope of the problem, everyone could potentially be affected -- and likely, many of us will be.
More "As We See It" News
- 06/01/2017 — A Changing Climate Threatens Our Health
- 05/30/2017 — I Referred My Patients to Subspecialists; So Why Did They See NPs?
- 05/26/2017 — Come On, Grads, Let's Start Cultivating a Healthier World
- 05/22/2017 — It's Complicated: What We Wish Legislators Knew About Health Care
- 05/19/2017 — Spread the Word: Family Medicine Is the Solution
- 05/16/2017 — Disease Outbreak Shows What -- and Why -- We Can Learn From Mistakes
- 05/12/2017 — Olympian's Tale Highlights Need to Remove Stigma of Depression
- 05/08/2017 — I Filled My Prescription Against Burnout at the Gym
- 05/08/2017 — Free Clinics Need Our Help to Heal Patients, Communities
- 05/02/2017 — I'm Invited to a Patient's Wedding; Should I Save the Date?