January 22, 2018 01:10 pm — Family physicians are weary of the cost and expense of continuing board certification. Aaron Saguil, M.D., M.P.H., offers an update on how the AAFP is addressing the issue.Full Story »
As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
As We See It uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the AAFP's actions. From time to time, individual Academy members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest editorials.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas to email@example.com. Or, take advantage of the comments feature on every AAFP News story or blog page to air your views.
Previous As We See It Articles
- 12/05/2017 — Death of a Colleague: How Do You Replace a Legend?
- 04/25/2017 — The HIV Test Is Positive; How Do You Deliver the News?
- 04/17/2017 — Attacks on Science Call for Strong Defense by Family Physicians
- 04/05/2017 — Congress Needs the Expertise of Family Physicians
- 03/01/2017 — Taking Sexual History in Primary Care Settings: Where to Start?
Recent AAFP News Blog Posts
- 01/12/2018 — Primary Care Needs Congress' Attention Right Now
- 01/09/2018 — Why Are We Eager to Save One, Reluctant to Help Many?
- 01/03/2018 — Being a Family Physician Requires 'Courageous' Commitment
- 12/18/2017 — At Home or Abroad, ALSO Training Improves Maternal Outcomes
- 12/04/2017 — Primary Care Benefit Could Improve Outcomes, Lower Costs
- 11/28/2017 — Know Yourself, Do Your Homework to Make Perfect Match
- 11/20/2017 — Just the Facts: Can Patient Education Help in Obesity Crisis?
- 01/16/2018 — Your Family Medicine Practice Is Whatever You Make It
- 01/08/2018 — Physician Authors Offer Prescription for Self-reflection
- 01/02/2018 — New Year, Same Issues. Why Does Health Care Cost So Much?
- 12/19/2017 — Words Matter: Support Science, Evidence
- 12/12/2017 — Make Fertility Awareness Part of Family Planning Toolbox
- 12/05/2017 — Rural or Urban FP, We Both Handle Gamut of Patient Issues
- 11/27/2017 — Crafting a Life That's Right for Me, My Family and Patients
- 11/17/2017 — In Defense of Reproductive Health Care