May 26, 2016 03:17 pm — The AAFP is mentioned in hundreds of media outlets each month. The Academy recently analyzed how its message is being relayed, and the results are encouraging.Full Story »
As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
"As We See It" uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the Academy's actions. From time to time, individual AAFP members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest opinions. As We See It online also is the home for letters to the editor.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas -- and your letters to the editor -- to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, take advantage of the comments feature shown on each story page to air your views.
Recent "As We See It" Content
05/24/2016 — The U.S. suicide rate has reached a 30-year high, according to the CDC. Kyle Jones, M.D., examines the reasons why and what family physicians can do about it.
05/20/2016 — AAFP President Wanda Filer, M.D., M.B.A., calls on family physicians to raise awareness about opioid addiction while providing pain management for patients who need it.
05/20/2016 — Despite a looming shortage, a med school program with a primary care focus faces closure. Recent graduate Melinda Kong, M.D., M.S., makes a plea to save it.
05/18/2016 — A growing body of evidence shows mindfulness meditation has the potential to reduce physician burnout.
05/17/2016 — Taking on the role of medical director hasn't exactly been what new physician Natasha Bhuyan, M.D., expected. It's been a whole lot more.
More "As We See It" News
- 05/17/2016 — Six Lessons From Six Months as Medical Director
- 05/10/2016 — If We Fail to Recognize Our Own Bias, We Fail Patients
- 05/03/2016 — FPs Can Be Trusted Guides When the Dying Don't Specify Wishes
- 05/02/2016 — Insurance Hurdles Add Challenge to Treating Pain
- 04/27/2016 — Keeping a Promise to Share What I Know
- 04/26/2016 — FPs Are 'Soldiers in Field' Against Outbreaks
- 04/19/2016 — Ah, Nuts: Is Kellogg's Putting Consumers at Risk by Adding Allergen to Food?
- 04/18/2016 — Seeing the Diseases Vaccines Prevent Illustrates Importance of Immunizations
- 04/12/2016 — Does Prevention Save Money? That's the Wrong Question
- 04/07/2016 — Rural Recruiting, Retention Proves Daunting