September 21, 2016 09:52 am — Newly installed AAFP President John Meigs, M.D., reflects on his path to leadership and urges others not only to join him, but to mentor and encourage others to follow.Full Story »
As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
"As We See It" uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the Academy's actions. From time to time, individual AAFP members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest opinions. As We See It online also is the home for letters to the editor.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas -- and your letters to the editor -- to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, take advantage of the comments feature shown on each story page to air your views.
Recent "As We See It" Content
09/19/2016 — An epic flood ravaged her town, but what Kimberly Becher, M.D., remembers most are the selfless acts of kindness that helped her patients put their lives back together.
09/19/2016 — Health is Primary is driving a positive conversation about primary care and the values of family medicine by telling our stories of innovation and transformation.
09/14/2016 — Relatives often turn to physicians with medical questions. Margaux Lazarin, D.O., M.P.H., addresses the difficulty of providing insight and comfort when a family member is dying.
09/13/2016 — After more than 200 days on the road, AAFP President Wanda Filer, M.D., M.B.A., reflects on a whirlwind of meetings with legislators, policymakers, payers, media and medical students.
09/06/2016 — After six years of service on the AAFP Board of Directors, Robert Wergin, M.D., reflects on lessons learned and what the future might hold for family medicine.
More "As We See It" News
- 09/06/2016 — What I Know Now, and What Lies Ahead
- 09/01/2016 — Physicians, Wellness Should Begin With Us
- 08/31/2016 — Help Patients Conquer Obesity With Education, Empathy -- Not Shame
- 08/29/2016 — Family Physicians Can Cut Unnecessary Surgeries
- 08/24/2016 — Right Thing to Do: Making the Case for Drug Pricing Transparency
- 08/22/2016 — Everyday Heroes: What We Do Today Saves Lives Tomorrow
- 08/17/2016 — AAFP Delivering on Maternity Care Training, Resources
- 08/15/2016 — Swing and a Miss: Do Quality Measures Have Dubious Value?
- 08/10/2016 — Men's Health Campaign Offers Opportunity to Tout Family Medicine
- 08/09/2016 — What You Need to Know on Path Through Residency and Beyond