June 04, 2020 09:04 am — Shyam Odeti M.D., M.S., writes that thousands of immigrant physicians are willing to help in pandemic hotspots, but visa restrictions prohibit them from doing so.Full Story »
As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
As We See It uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the AAFP's actions. From time to time, individual Academy members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest editorials. Such editorials express the opinions of their authors, not necessarily those of the AAFP, and are not intended to provide medical, financial or legal advice.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas to email@example.com. Or, take advantage of the comments feature on every AAFP News story or blog page to air your views.
Previous As We See It Articles
- 04/09/2020 — Med Students Find Creative Ways to Help During Pandemic
- 03/27/2020 — Fix the Biggest Leak in the Primary Care Pipeline
- 12/09/2019 — Family Physicians Have Role in Care of Undocumented Patients
- 12/03/2019 — Self-care: What Patients Want vs. What Physicians Can Provide
- 08/21/2019 — Family Medicine Is Poised to Lead on Addiction Care
- 07/24/2019 — ABFM Certification Pilot Proves Worthy Alternative
- 07/03/2019 — Fight for Improved Maternal Health Depends on FPs
- 03/13/2019 — Your Patient Bucks Parents on Vaccine Request. Now What?
- 02/19/2019 — Coming Soon: Important Office Visit Survey
- 01/07/2019 — Transitional Care Management Boosts Outcomes, Satisfaction
- 11/02/2018 — PrEP Your High-risk Patients to Help Protect Them From HIV
- 10/25/2018 — The Never-ending Quest to Achieve Health for All
- 10/24/2018 — Member Survey Results Focus on Issues That Matter to You
- 08/21/2018 — Fighting for a Fee Schedule That Works for You, Your Patients
- 06/22/2018 — Lessons Learned From a Legislative Victory
- 06/15/2018 — AAFP Payment Model Shows 'Promise,' Says HHS
- 06/14/2018 — Yes, There's a Doctor on Board -- and She's a Family Physician
- 05/30/2018 — Results Are In: Inaugural AAFP Well-being Conference a Hit
- 05/23/2018 — Physicians to Administration: Stay Out of Doctor-Patient Relationship
- 05/11/2018 — Spread the Word on May 22: FPs Treat Body and Mind
- 05/09/2018 — Family Physician Finds Antidote to Burnout in Innovation
- 03/26/2018 — Fighting Cancer With Patients, Peers, Community on My Side
- 03/15/2018 — Puerto Rico's Doctors, Patients, Students Remain in Need
- 03/08/2018 — Let's Not Forget the Injured in Shootings
Recent AAFP News Blog Posts
- 07/09/2020 — Telemedicine Is Worthy of Payers' Long-term Investment
- 07/01/2020 — Are You Ready to Whack Your WAC?
- 06/17/2020 — It's Your Future: Don't Let Others Thwart Your Ambitions
- 06/05/2020 — Virtual Match Has Potential to Drive Innovation
- 06/02/2020 — Welcome to Family Medicine; the AAFP Is Here to Help
- 05/29/2020 — Lend Your Voice to Academy's Week of Action
- 05/14/2020 — Summer Reading (and Listening) List for Sidelined Students
- 05/06/2020 — Let's Learn From Pandemic so All May 'Live Long and Prosper'
- 07/08/2020 — Unemployment During Pandemic Amounts to a One-Two Punch
- 07/02/2020 — Don't Miss Your Opportunity to Lead
- 06/25/2020 — Beware Consequences of Delaying Primary Care in Pandemic
- 06/18/2020 — Closure, COVID, Chaos: A Resident's Tale of Resilience
- 06/10/2020 — Piece by Piece: Insights From a Residency Graduate
- 06/02/2020 — What Are the Actual Causes of Hospital Admissions?
- 05/27/2020 — COVID-19: Two Sides of the Looking Glass
- 05/20/2020 — How Do We Talk About the Worst-case Scenario?