August 15, 2017 12:05 pm — The AAFP supports vaccines, vaccine science and disease prevention year-round, but the emphasis is heightened during National Immunization Awareness Month.Full Story »
As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
"As We See It" uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the Academy's actions. From time to time, individual AAFP members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest opinions.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas to email@example.com. Or, take advantage of the comments feature shown on each story page to air your views.
Recent "As We See It" Content
07/10/2017 — Carl Olden, M.D., writes that when his mother was dying and his wife was battling cancer, the caring support of his colleagues was critical to his resilience.
07/07/2017 — With more than 3 million followers and counting, Mikhail Varshavski, D.O., makes the case for using social media to reach patients with health messages.
07/03/2017 — Recent graduate Lalita Abhyankar, M.D., M.H.S., writes that completing residency and saying goodbye to her patients was bittersweet.
07/03/2017 — During the 2016 election cycle, FamMedPAC donated more than $1 million to congressional candidates. AAFP President-elect Michael Munger, M.D., explains how the PAC will decide where its money goes in 2018.
06/28/2017 — More research is needed in primary care, but proposed federal budget cuts threaten to make evidence-based resources and guidelines even harder to come by.
More "As We See It" News
- 06/28/2017 — Primary Care Needs -- and Deserves -- More Research Dollars
- 06/27/2017 — Reflecting on 70 Years of Leadership and Innovation
- 06/20/2017 — Putting Patients at the Center of My 'Clinic of the Future'
- 06/19/2017 — Who Will Mentor the Next Generation of Family Doctors?
- 06/09/2017 — Sorry, You're Not Sick Enough: Approach to Hep C Defies Logic
- 06/08/2017 — Crackdown on Undocumented Immigrants Poses Broad Health Risks
- 06/06/2017 — Stay Kind, Stay Connected, Stay Well: Advice for New Residents
- 06/01/2017 — A Changing Climate Threatens Our Health
- 05/30/2017 — I Referred My Patients to Subspecialists; So Why Did They See NPs?
- 05/26/2017 — Come On, Grads, Let's Start Cultivating a Healthier World