August 21, 2019 02:17 pm — Millions of Americans are struggling with some form of addiction. Flora Sadri-Azarbayejani, D.O., M.P.F., outlines steps family physicians can take to address the problem.Full Story »
As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
As We See It uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the AAFP's actions. From time to time, individual Academy members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest editorials.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, take advantage of the comments feature on every AAFP News story or blog page to air your views.
Previous As We See It Articles
- 07/03/2019 — Fight for Improved Maternal Health Depends on FPs
- 03/13/2019 — Your Patient Bucks Parents on Vaccine Request. Now What?
- 02/19/2019 — Coming Soon: Important Office Visit Survey
- 01/07/2019 — Transitional Care Management Boosts Outcomes, Satisfaction
- 11/02/2018 — PrEP Your High-risk Patients to Help Protect Them From HIV
- 10/25/2018 — The Never-ending Quest to Achieve Health for All
- 10/24/2018 — Member Survey Results Focus on Issues That Matter to You
- 08/21/2018 — Fighting for a Fee Schedule That Works for You, Your Patients
- 06/22/2018 — Lessons Learned From a Legislative Victory
- 06/15/2018 — AAFP Payment Model Shows 'Promise,' Says HHS
- 06/14/2018 — Yes, There's a Doctor on Board -- and She's a Family Physician
- 05/30/2018 — Results Are In: Inaugural AAFP Well-being Conference a Hit
- 05/23/2018 — Physicians to Administration: Stay Out of Doctor-Patient Relationship
- 05/11/2018 — Spread the Word on May 22: FPs Treat Body and Mind
- 03/15/2018 — Puerto Rico's Doctors, Patients, Students Remain in Need
- 03/08/2018 — Let's Not Forget the Injured in Shootings
Recent AAFP News Blog Posts
- 08/20/2019 — Bouncing Back From Burnout in Residency
- 08/08/2019 — We Must Find Common Ground to Reduce Gun Violence
- 08/06/2019 — Full Steam Ahead on Academy's Health IT Innovation Project
- 07/26/2019 — National Conference Helped Set Our Family Medicine Paths
- 07/12/2019 — We Can't Leave Health Care Policies to Chance
- 07/09/2019 — New AAFP Initiative Addresses Rural Health Care Crisis
- 06/27/2019 — Global Health: FPs Care for Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere
- 06/19/2019 — Mentoring Is Key to Expanding Primary Care Pipeline
- 08/20/2019 — Direct Primary Care: A Snapshot
- 08/12/2019 — Residency Grad Thanks His Best Teachers -- His Patients
- 08/06/2019 — Helping Patients Lose Weight Is Hard, but Don't Give Up
- 07/31/2019 — Where Do You Draw the Line With Patients, Animals?
- 07/23/2019 — Patients Facing Homelessness Need More Than Referrals
- 07/15/2019 — My Teen Patient Opened Up About Her Suicide Attempt
- 07/10/2019 — Reaping Benefits (and Avoiding Pitfalls) of Social Media
- 07/03/2019 — Health Spending Keeps Going Up; Why Are Outcomes Worse?