August 21, 2019 02:17 pm — Millions of Americans are struggling with some form of addiction. Flora Sadri-Azarbayejani, D.O., M.P.F., outlines steps family physicians can take to address the problem.Full Story »
As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
As We See It uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the AAFP's actions. From time to time, individual Academy members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest editorials.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, take advantage of the comments feature on every AAFP News story or blog page to air your views.
Previous As We See It Articles
- 07/24/2019 — ABFM Certification Pilot Proves Worthy Alternative
- 07/03/2019 — Fight for Improved Maternal Health Depends on FPs
- 03/13/2019 — Your Patient Bucks Parents on Vaccine Request. Now What?
- 02/19/2019 — Coming Soon: Important Office Visit Survey
- 01/07/2019 — Transitional Care Management Boosts Outcomes, Satisfaction
- 11/02/2018 — PrEP Your High-risk Patients to Help Protect Them From HIV
- 10/25/2018 — The Never-ending Quest to Achieve Health for All
- 10/24/2018 — Member Survey Results Focus on Issues That Matter to You
- 08/21/2018 — Fighting for a Fee Schedule That Works for You, Your Patients
- 06/22/2018 — Lessons Learned From a Legislative Victory
- 06/15/2018 — AAFP Payment Model Shows 'Promise,' Says HHS
- 06/14/2018 — Yes, There's a Doctor on Board -- and She's a Family Physician
- 05/30/2018 — Results Are In: Inaugural AAFP Well-being Conference a Hit
- 05/23/2018 — Physicians to Administration: Stay Out of Doctor-Patient Relationship
- 05/11/2018 — Spread the Word on May 22: FPs Treat Body and Mind
- 03/15/2018 — Puerto Rico's Doctors, Patients, Students Remain in Need
- 03/08/2018 — Let's Not Forget the Injured in Shootings
Recent AAFP News Blog Posts
- 10/15/2019 — Stop and Listen: Why We Need More Time With Patients
- 09/25/2019 — Hitting the Road to Hear Your Stories, Find Solutions
- 09/24/2019 — Steering Family Medicine Through Storm Toward Sunlight
- 09/18/2019 — Our Wins Are Big Steps Toward Better Health Care Landscape
- 09/06/2019 — Our Treatment of Immigrants Should Reflect Our Values
- 09/04/2019 — For New Intern, the Future Is Challenging -- and Bright
- 08/26/2019 — Moving Practice Has Been Good for Me, Staff, Patients
- 08/20/2019 — Bouncing Back From Burnout in Residency
- 10/22/2019 — Don't Take It Personally? With Angry Patients, That's Hard
- 10/14/2019 — Lifestyle Medicine Is My Prescription for Better Health
- 10/08/2019 — It Started With One Question: What Is High-value Care?
- 10/01/2019 — Should Physician Leaders Stay Active in Patient Care?
- 09/24/2019 — How Can I NOT Be Rural Enough?
- 09/18/2019 — Don't Blame Mental Illness for Mass Shootings
- 09/10/2019 — Telemedicine Filling Gap for Rural Community
- 09/03/2019 — Social Media Influencers or FPs: Who Do Patients Trust?