March 26, 2018 09:58 am — Floyd "Tripp" Bradd III, M.D., writes that being open about his cancer diagnosis has made him a better physician and brought him closer to his colleagues, patients and community.Full Story »
As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
As We See It uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the AAFP's actions. From time to time, individual Academy members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest editorials.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas to email@example.com. Or, take advantage of the comments feature on every AAFP News story or blog page to air your views.
Previous As We See It Articles
- 03/15/2018 — Puerto Rico's Doctors, Patients, Students Remain in Need
- 03/08/2018 — Let's Not Forget the Injured in Shootings
- 03/06/2018 — Draft Recommendation Sparks Discussion on Overweight, Obesity
- 02/22/2018 — Cutting Global Health Programs Puts Americans at Risk
- 02/02/2018 — How U.S. Immigration Policy Damages Children's Well-being
- 01/31/2018 — In Defense of Family Medicine Certification
- 01/22/2018 — AAFP Working to Improve Continuing Board Certification
- 01/19/2018 — Fighting for Family Medicine Is More Important Than Ever
- 01/12/2018 — Time Is Right for 24-hour Primary Care Clinics
- 12/05/2017 — Death of a Colleague: How Do You Replace a Legend?
- 10/10/2017 — NHSC Repayment Program Reduces Debt, Offers Opportunity
Recent AAFP News Blog Posts
- 04/20/2018 — Advocacy, Like Sailing, Means Navigating Turbulent Seas
- 04/17/2018 — Make Our Voices Heard on Continuing Board Certification
- 04/11/2018 — More Investment in Primary Care Would Help Mothers, Babies
- 04/03/2018 — Knowing Patient's Story Improves Odds of Happy Ending
- 04/02/2018 — Don't Forget Puerto Rico -- We Didn't
- 03/16/2018 — Congratulations on Your Match! Here's What to Do Next
- 03/09/2018 — The Match Can Be Daunting; Here's How to Keep It Simple
- 04/17/2018 — Two Approaches to Making Your Point With Patients
- 04/10/2018 — Amazon vs. Walmart: Can Corporate America Lower Drug Prices?
- 03/29/2018 — DTC Tests Raise Questions Among Patients, Physicians
- 03/16/2018 — Want to Solve Problems in Public Health? Here's How
- 03/13/2018 — Dismissing Osteopathic Manipulation Rubs Me the Wrong Way
- 03/05/2018 — Jumping Through Hoops Wastes My Time, Worsens Outcomes
- 02/26/2018 — Healing or Harassment: Is It OK to Hug a Patient?
- 02/21/2018 — Let's Start by Treating Gun Violence as Public Health Issue