January 07, 2019 10:20 am — Marc Price, D.O., writes that embracing transitional care management gave his practice a modest boost in revenue, better outcomes, and significant improvements in patient and staff satisfaction.Full Story »
As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
As We See It uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the AAFP's actions. From time to time, individual Academy members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest editorials.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas to email@example.com. Or, take advantage of the comments feature on every AAFP News story or blog page to air your views.
Previous As We See It Articles
- 11/02/2018 — PrEP Your High-risk Patients to Help Protect Them From HIV
- 10/25/2018 — The Never-ending Quest to Achieve Health for All
- 10/24/2018 — Member Survey Results Focus on Issues That Matter to You
- 08/21/2018 — Fighting for a Fee Schedule That Works for You, Your Patients
- 06/22/2018 — Lessons Learned From a Legislative Victory
- 06/15/2018 — AAFP Payment Model Shows 'Promise,' Says HHS
- 06/14/2018 — Yes, There's a Doctor on Board -- and She's a Family Physician
- 05/30/2018 — Results Are In: Inaugural AAFP Well-being Conference a Hit
- 05/23/2018 — Physicians to Administration: Stay Out of Doctor-Patient Relationship
- 05/11/2018 — Spread the Word on May 22: FPs Treat Body and Mind
- 03/15/2018 — Puerto Rico's Doctors, Patients, Students Remain in Need
- 03/08/2018 — Let's Not Forget the Injured in Shootings
Recent AAFP News Blog Posts
- 02/04/2019 — True Mentors Help Students Find Where They Belong
- 01/28/2019 — Our Health Care System Is Sick
- 01/23/2019 — Family of Family Medicine Is Working to Expand the Workforce
- 01/16/2019 — Why Do I Provide Maternity Care? The Answer's Simple
- 01/09/2019 — Make Sure Policymakers Know We're Knights for Our Patients
- 01/02/2019 — Physician Leaders Can't Wait for Squeaks to Turn Into Clunks
- 12/19/2018 — All I Want for Christmas Is a Better Health Care System
- 12/18/2018 — What a Barefoot Patient Taught Me About Health Equity
- 02/12/2019 — Are Your Patients Wasting Money on Supplements?
- 02/05/2019 — Can Design Thinking Improve Health Care for Patients, Physicians?
- 01/29/2019 — Don't Be Shy About Asking for Help Patients Need
- 01/17/2019 — What Does the Government Shutdown Mean for Patients?
- 01/15/2019 — Beat the Clock: Why I Chose Direct Primary Care
- 01/09/2019 — Medicaid Expansion Could Be Key to Saving Rural Hospitals
- 12/21/2018 — Have We Failed to 'Promote the General Welfare' of People?
- 12/18/2018 — You Hate Your EHR? Help Develop Something Better