August 21, 2018 09:00 am — The AAFP is working on a detailed response to the proposed 2019 Medicare physician fee schedule that steers CMS toward fixes that will help family physicians give patients the comprehensive, continuous care they expect.Full Story »
As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
As We See It uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the AAFP's actions. From time to time, individual Academy members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest editorials.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, take advantage of the comments feature on every AAFP News story or blog page to air your views.
Previous As We See It Articles
- 06/22/2018 — Lessons Learned From a Legislative Victory
- 06/15/2018 — AAFP Payment Model Shows 'Promise,' Says HHS
- 06/14/2018 — Yes, There's a Doctor on Board -- and She's a Family Physician
- 05/30/2018 — Results Are In: Inaugural AAFP Well-being Conference a Hit
- 05/23/2018 — Physicians to Administration: Stay Out of Doctor-Patient Relationship
- 05/11/2018 — Spread the Word on May 22: FPs Treat Body and Mind
- 03/15/2018 — Puerto Rico's Doctors, Patients, Students Remain in Need
- 03/08/2018 — Let's Not Forget the Injured in Shootings
- 03/06/2018 — Draft Recommendation Sparks Discussion on Overweight, Obesity
- 02/22/2018 — Cutting Global Health Programs Puts Americans at Risk
- 02/02/2018 — How U.S. Immigration Policy Damages Children's Well-being
- 01/31/2018 — In Defense of Family Medicine Certification
- 01/22/2018 — AAFP Working to Improve Continuing Board Certification
- 01/19/2018 — Fighting for Family Medicine Is More Important Than Ever
- 01/12/2018 — Time Is Right for 24-hour Primary Care Clinics
- 12/05/2017 — Death of a Colleague: How Do You Replace a Legend?
- 10/10/2017 — NHSC Repayment Program Reduces Debt, Offers Opportunity
Recent AAFP News Blog Posts
- 10/19/2018 — We Shouldn't Have to Struggle to Put Patients First
- 10/10/2018 — FPs Are Answer to Rural Maternity Care Crisis
- 10/08/2018 — We're Making Progress on the Issues That Matter to FPs
- 10/01/2018 — Opportunities to Lead Are at Hand. Seize Them!
- 09/25/2018 — Why I'm Building a Solo Practice -- Again
- 09/07/2018 — Why Does Equal Pay for Equal Work Still Elude Us?
- 09/04/2018 — Don't Forget Why You Chose Medicine in the First Place
- 10/16/2018 — A Workforce Without Women? Good Luck, Chuck
- 10/09/2018 — Advocating for Our Patients in the #MeToo Era
- 09/28/2018 — Gentrification Has Unintended Consequences for Urban Poor
- 09/21/2018 — POCUS: A Small Tool With Big Benefits for Primary Care
- 09/17/2018 — I Hired a Community Health Worker and Now We Work Miracles
- 09/10/2018 — A Hiring Manager's Perspective on the Art of Interviewing
- 09/05/2018 — Letting Life Take You by Surprise Can Stave Off Burnout
- 08/27/2018 — Putting My Broad-scope Training to the Test