March 13, 2019 03:22 pm — With a growing number of measles cases being reported, some children of vaccine-resistant parents are seeking immunizations. Julie Graves, M.D., M.P.H., Ph.D., looks at the challenges and opportunities the situation presents.Full Story »
As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
As We See It uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the AAFP's actions. From time to time, individual Academy members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest editorials.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas to email@example.com. Or, take advantage of the comments feature on every AAFP News story or blog page to air your views.
Previous As We See It Articles
- 02/19/2019 — Coming Soon: Important Office Visit Survey
- 01/07/2019 — Transitional Care Management Boosts Outcomes, Satisfaction
- 11/02/2018 — PrEP Your High-risk Patients to Help Protect Them From HIV
- 10/25/2018 — The Never-ending Quest to Achieve Health for All
- 10/24/2018 — Member Survey Results Focus on Issues That Matter to You
- 08/21/2018 — Fighting for a Fee Schedule That Works for You, Your Patients
- 06/22/2018 — Lessons Learned From a Legislative Victory
- 06/15/2018 — AAFP Payment Model Shows 'Promise,' Says HHS
- 06/14/2018 — Yes, There's a Doctor on Board -- and She's a Family Physician
- 05/30/2018 — Results Are In: Inaugural AAFP Well-being Conference a Hit
- 05/23/2018 — Physicians to Administration: Stay Out of Doctor-Patient Relationship
- 05/11/2018 — Spread the Word on May 22: FPs Treat Body and Mind
- 03/15/2018 — Puerto Rico's Doctors, Patients, Students Remain in Need
- 03/08/2018 — Let's Not Forget the Injured in Shootings
Recent AAFP News Blog Posts
- 06/11/2019 — FPs Should Lead: Thoughts on an Executive Career Path
- 06/05/2019 — FPs Steer the AAFP With Plenty of Ways to Influence Course
- 05/29/2019 — Weight of New 'M.D.' Carries Rewarding Responsibility
- 05/20/2019 — FPs Can Lead on Changes That Keep Patients Out of Hospitals
- 05/14/2019 — New Primer Lays Out AAFP Approach to Health Care Reform
- 05/07/2019 — Why Is Compassion So Important? Just Ask This Patient
- 04/18/2019 — Cultural Humility Is Critical to Health Equity
- 04/17/2019 — Make Your Voice Heard; Take the Member Survey
- 06/12/2019 — We Made It Through Residency. Here's How You Can, Too
- 06/03/2019 — Rural FPs Need More Support in Treating Mental Illness
- 05/14/2019 — Health Startups: Revolutionary or Threat to Primary Care?
- 05/06/2019 — Your Patient Is Crying. What Do You Do?
- 04/30/2019 — It's Humbling to Be Reminded How Much There Is to Know
- 04/22/2019 — How Many Chances Should We Give Patients? It Depends
- 04/15/2019 — You Don't Need a Title to Lead
- 04/05/2019 — Objection! Can We Bring Order to Documentation and Billing?