As We See It: Voices From the AAFP
"As We See It" uses messages from AAFP leadership, editorials and other opinion pieces to update you on Academy advocacy and other key topics, often including "inside story" information to help you better understand the Academy's actions. From time to time, individual AAFP members may be invited to share their views on issues via guest opinions.
Like what you read in As We See It? Beg to differ? Have an issue you think As We See It should address? E-mail your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, take advantage of the comments feature shown on each story page to air your views.
Recent "As We See It" Content
03/16/2017 — Match Day is finally upon us. Stewart Decker, M.D., offers four thoughts for students to ponder as they await their results.
03/14/2017 — Whether delivering a difficult diagnosis or bridging actual language barriers, Kurt Bravata, M.D., writes that clear communication is critical to patient care.
03/13/2017 — Subspecialists in academia have tried to steer students away from primary care for decades. John Cullen, M.D., writes that physician educators need new material because the demand for family medicine isn't going away.
03/06/2017 — Family physicians and the rest of the primary care team deserve better compensation. Natasha Bhuyan, M.D., writes that investing more money in primary care would benefit not only physicians, but also their patients, staff and communities.
03/03/2017 — Mott Blair, M.D., recalls an era when people literally lined up for a life-saving vaccine. Now, he says, too many people are denying the science behind immunizations.
More "As We See It" News
- 03/03/2017 — Physicians Must Refute 'Alternative Facts' About Vaccines
- 03/01/2017 — Taking Sexual History in Primary Care Settings: Where to Start?
- 02/27/2017 — ACOG Confirms What FPs Know: Most Births Need Little Intervention
- 02/24/2017 — I'm Standing Up for Direct Primary Care
- 02/21/2017 — Out of Control: What I Learned From 36 Hours in Labor
- 02/20/2017 — Better Cancer Care Demands That FPs, Oncologists Work Together
- 02/14/2017 — Why Do We Adopt Evidence-based Data at a Snail's Pace?
- 02/10/2017 — Attention, Students: Six Thoughts Before Submitting Your Rank Order List
- 02/07/2017 — CPC+ Laying Groundwork for Value-based Payment
- 02/06/2017 — Patients Have Plenty to Teach a New Attending Physician