This year, the top 10 articles published in FPM had a recurring theme — alleviating physician burden. Top articles offered tips for more efficient message management, clinical note-taking, and staff retention. Here's what made the list:
1. Patient Electronic Messaging: 12 Tips to Save Time
2. Board Certification Maintenance: History and Evolution
3. Notes 2.0: Reducing Documentation Burden
4. Don't Leave Me! Strategies for Medical Staff Retention
5. A Team-Based Approach to Electronic In-Basket Optimization
6. E/M Coding Since the 2021 Changes: It Really Is Better
7. Screening for Social Determinants of Health in Daily Practice
8. Patient Communication: Practical Strategies for Better Interactions
9. Five Administrative Tasks Technology Could Make Easier for Physicians
10. Combining a Wellness Visit With a Problem-Oriented Visit: a Coding Guide
This list is based on article ratings from readers who have taken the FPM CME Quiz. AAFP members and FPM subscribers can earn 30 credits for the 2022 issues.
Posted on Dec 19, 2022 by FPM Editors
Sign up to receive FPM's free, weekly e-newsletter, "Quick Tips & Insights," featuring practical, peer-reviewed advice for improving practice, enhancing the patient experience, and developing a rewarding career.